• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    i dont know if you watched the video on the underwood website, but that guy said he was getting 1200fps out of the cz82 polygonal barrel.
    no i cant spell polygonal.
    if thats true, then i would think this makes a very reasonable sd weapon. Alot of people carry 380 cause of the small platform and light recoil. this could be a much better alternative. <--------- spelled that one right, i think.
    This type of come back of old ammo could be the begining of very effective rounds that were once ignored, being brought back into popularity.
    i really hope the 7.62x25 tok is next.

The CZ is a nice gun (as are the Polish and Hungarian variations), but they are not true Makarovs (ie, Pistolet Makarova). They are just chambered for 9x18mm Makarov ammuntion. The PM is slightly smaller, is much more simplified and "user friendly" (with only 27 parts), is built like a T34 tank (or an AK-47), and refuses to malfunction.

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    The CZ is a nice gun (as are the Polish and Hungarian variations), but they are not true Makarovs (ie, Pistolet Makarova). They are just chambered for 9x18mm Makarov ammuntion. The PM is slightly smaller, is much more simplified and "user friendly" (with only 27 parts), is built like a T34 tank (or an AK-47), and refuses to malfunction.

I know the cz is not a true makarov. Its just an example for the muzzle velocity of that particular ammo. I don't know how that ammo performs out of a traditional rifled barrel. Hopefully Mac will get a couple a boxes and run it through the chronograph for us. However, I think he should torture test more military firearms. I think the cz 82 and the Tokarev could take the same abuse the Makarov did. Plus its really fun to watch.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I know the cz is not a true makarov. Its just an example for the muzzle velocity of that particular ammo. I don't know how that ammo performs out of a traditional rifled barrel. Hopefully Mac will get a couple a boxes and run it through the chronograph for us. However, I think he should torture test more military firearms. I think the cz 82 and the Tokarev could take the same abuse the Makarov did. Plus its really fun to watch.

I was just wanting to clear up the confusion in some people's minds as to what is, and what is not, a true Makarov. A lot of folks read the "9MM Makarov" (meaning that its chambered for that ammunition) on Czech, Polish and Hungarian guns, and think that means that they are Pistolet Makarovs.

Something which is fun to watch is someone standing (for the first time) next to a Toke being fired. They just about have to clean the peanut butter out of their shorts!

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    I was just wanting to clear up the confusion in some people's minds as to what is, and what is not, a true Makarov. A lot of folks read the "9MM Makarov" (meaning that its chambered for that ammunition) on Czech, Polish and Hungarian guns, and think that means that they are Pistolet Makarovs.

Something which is fun to watch is someone standing (for the first time) next to a Toke being fired. They just about have to clean the peanut butter out of their shorts!

What is awesome is i have the best wife in the world. She loves old military pistols. I have owned Tokarev, Makarov, a CZ82, and they have all been my wifes pistols. The first time she fired the Tokarev, it shot this huge fire ball out off it and almost jumped out of her hand. i was behind her, and was worried that it might have scared her. So i walked around to her side to find she had the biggest cat ate the mouse grin i have ever seen. she tightened her grip, emptied the mag, then another, looked at me with her brown loving eyes, and said, why the hell arent you loading mags? thats my wife. next on her list is a Nagant Revolver, or a Webley revolver. Webley are to expensive so its going to be the Nagant.

To anybody who has not fired the soviet block pistols of last couple of centuries, you are missing out. they are very fun to plink with, and will protect your life when needed to.
    Hell the Tokarev has muzzle energies like 357 magnum.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I would probably get a Toke to go along with my Maks except that (a) I'm not fond of the take-down, and (b) the mem-sah'b has tightened the purse strings! :rolleyes:

Corbinator

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    Makarov

I own 3 Maks. I love them , super good carry pieces and as the video surmises very dependable. I have 2 in the 9x18 and one .380 40th anniversary imported by big bear arms. Wouldn't take $1000 for the lot of them.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I own 3 Maks. I love them , super good carry pieces and as the video surmises very dependable. I have 2 in the 9x18 and one .380 40th anniversary imported by big bear arms. Wouldn't take $1000 for the lot of them.

I, too, have three Maks (all 9x18mm) and wouldn't even consider anything less than $1,200 for them.

Top Bottom