• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    lol OK, not to defend a dealer here (but someone has to say this around here) but it wasn't like the lady was letting her kid light up a joint while she had him clipping the leaves off of her plants. She asked the kid to make change...

Did your mom ever ask you to get into her purse when you were a kid? Did she ever purchase or sell flowers in your presence? Should she have gone to jail for it if the government decided they didn't like yellow flowers?

Our last three Presidents have admitted to smoking these illegal flowers. How much jail time did they get? 30 years all together? Nope. They went on to become the President where it appears all three continued to smoke on the job right before they gave any speech.

"LOL"??? Sorry genius but there nothing funny here. In recent memory I know of three local pot deals gone bad. One ended with a 45 acp slug in the back of a kids skull, one ended with a knife stuck into a guy repeatedly and the last ended with skull trauma from a lead pipe. This is in a county of barely over 100K people. None of this was Marion county.

Then you have infants executed on Hovey street.

Bringing your kids into that world is really damn funny.

Joe

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Just to be clear, I don't recommend doing anything illegal with your children, but when the government has the power to ban plants and enforce those bans, then it makes it pretty clear that the government is far too big and intrusive and it also clearly shows that they can make anything illegal.

When the Food Modernization Act passes, will you garden with your kids? I will. I'll teach them to defend themselves against the monsters who wrongly believe they have the authority to tell us we can't grow tomatoes. And those are the same monsters who believe they have the authority to tell us we can't grow marijuana or hemp. These are the same people who have tried to make it illegal for your 10 year old son/daughter to shoot a 10/22 with you. These are the same people who won't let your children purchase a movie or song with a government censored word in it. These monsters are crushing freedom at every corner, and a lot of people support them while undermining themselves. These monsters want to run your whole life, and you're arguing to let them...just think about it for a little while.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    "LOL"??? Sorry genius but there nothing funny here. In recent memory I know of three local pot deals gone bad. One ended with a 45 acp slug in the back of a kids skull, one ended with a knife stuck into a guy repeatedly and the last ended with skull trauma from a lead pipe. This is in a county of barely over 100K people. None of this was Marion county.

Then you have infants executed on Hovey street.

Bringing your kids into that world is really damn funny.

Joe

Whatever, get all huffy and lose sight if you want to. How does taking away a mother for 10 years help that child? I think I'd prefer to have a bullet in the back of my head as a little kid than to grow up without my parents, even if they did sell some government banned flowers. :n00b:

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Whatever, get all huffy and lose sight if you want to. How does taking away a mother for 10 years help that child? I think I'd prefer to have a bullet in the back of my head as a little kid than to grow up without my parents, even if they did sell some government banned flowers. :n00b:

"lose sight"??? I defy you to show me where I have said that marijuana should be illegal. You can't because I haven't said it. I don't believe I ever posted an opinion either way.

I have said that bringing your kid along drug dealing is wrong and should be punished.

Locking this woman up does help the kid.

1. It gives her a reason to stop taking him drug dealing.
    2. It temporarily prevents her from doing so.
    3. It discourages other human refuse from doing so.

I find it fascinating that you suggest that a "bullet in the head" is preferable to incarcerating parents who neglect and endanger their children. Think about it.

Joe

Last edited:

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    "lose sight"??? I defy you to show me where I have said that marijuana should be illegal. You can't because I haven't said it.

I have said that bringing your kid along drug dealing is wrong and should be punished.

Locking this woman up does help the kid.

1. It gives her a reason to stop taking him drug dealing.
    2. It temporarily prevents her from doing so.
    3. It discourages other human refuse from doing so.

I find it fascinating that you suggest that a "bullet in the head" is preferable to incarcerating parents who neglect and endanger their children. Think about it.

Joe

I want to stay civil with you, but if you don't mind, I'd like to pick your post apart.

1. I believe the deal took place at the mother's home, so she didn't take the kid drug dealer. The police came to her house looking to give her money for flowers, so she took their money and gave them flowers. The kid made change.

2. How does this help the kid? She's gone for 10 years now for selling flowers. What kind of example does THAT set for the kid? The government can do whatever they want and take away your mom when she sells flowers to a government employee, while said employee doesn't get in trouble for buying said flowers. I'm sure it makes tons of sense for the kid and he's waaay better off now. :noway:

3. It doesn't. People are still going to sell weed. Middle school kids are still going to sell weed, because thanks to our idiotic government, there is a ton of money in the trade. People will always try to make easy money.

How did she neglect or endager the kid? Did the kid get hurt? She sold to a police officer. Was he going to hurt the kid? And as far as neglect...she involved her kid in her work, so I can't see how you can say she neglected the kid.

**** it, why am I the one who has to sound like including your kids with weed dealing is fine and dandy? I wouldn't do it myself, but I don't think the mom deserved to get any jail time for it.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    **** it, why am I the one who has to sound like including your kids with weed dealing is fine and dandy? I wouldn't do it myself, but I don't think the mom deserved to get any jail time for it.

Because apparently you do think it is fine and dandy. If that bothers you, maybe you should reassess your position.

Remember, the judge based her ruling in part upon evidence that this had been going on a long time. Its not like the cop was the only one she sold to. Plus, it makes no difference if she was at home or going out. Hovey street?

Guy with the 45 ACP in his skull got it in a CVS parking lot. The guy clubbed with the lead pipe was in his backyard. Neither of those places was particularly dangerous until they decided to start selling weed there.

Joe

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Blaming marijuana for homicides is like blaming condoms for rape.

People that murder to steal do not only victimize drug dealers. They steal from businesses and citizens also - they just know that drugs being illegal makes someone less likely to try to turn them in to the police. They feel safer knowing the police would take the victim of theft to jail instead of helping them.

People like that are still likely to murder and kill you, because they do so out of greed. They just so happen to pick the easiest targets they can find - and the criminalization of drugs is a helpful factor.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    I am pretty sure selling the flowers from the marijuana plant is drug dealing, isn't it?

If she was selling dandelions, would she be in jail?

I think it is very much about marijuana.

We could play semantics all day long, and say "but its worse, because of THIS"... but in reality, we know it all stems to the same root.

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    Don't break the law and you won't get put in jail.

Rule of law has to be enforced or there's no point in passing laws.

If you don't agree with the law, we live in a society where you can work to change it through the legal system. That is, unless you don't believe all those rules we work to put in place actually mean something.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville

If you don't agree with the law, we live in a society where you can work to change it through the legal system. That is, unless you don't believe all those rules we work to put in place actually mean something.

I totally agree. Personally, I do not touch marijuana. My reason is not because of a law, or morals - but because I may lose my job if I did. I believe random drug screenings put in place by employers is the biggest deterrent against using drugs, because unlike the laws in place - the chance of being caught is high.

But... I also believe the punishment should fit the crime, and in many cases - it does not.

I believe sooner or later many current laws will be repealed, and people will look back wondering why we were so foolish to pursue them to the extent that we do - causing more crime in the process.

Prohibition, anyone?

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    And while I may personally agree that some laws are too harsh and others too weak, that is the beauty of our system - I can lobby others to change it or run for office to do so.

I can also choose to (foolishly perhaps) break a law that will get me put in jail and then complain the law I broke shouldn't have been made to begin with, but I'll still be in jail - and hopefully so - or the system is broken.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    And while I may personally agree that some laws are too harsh and others too weak, that is the beauty of our system - I can lobby others to change it or run for office to do so.

I can also choose to (foolishly perhaps) break a law that will get me put in jail and then complain the law I broke shouldn't have been made to begin with, but I'll still be in jail - and hopefully so - or the system is broken.

Well, the system is broken if you consider the amount of people that break them.

That, and the lack of law and enforcement in deterring them.

But, I split hairs :D

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Right, cause drug deals don't go bad. This isn't about marijuana, its about drug dealing.

Car deals go bad sometimes too. And lawnmower deals, and FTF gun sales, and patronizing stores. Hell about 2 years ago a guy in my town beat a cashier's head in with a hammer.

I think what you are upset about is that the woman exposed her child to the public. Strangers are dangerous and unpredictable and sometimes criminal. Children should not be exposed to the public while money is changing hands. Am I right? :dunno:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO

Don't break the law and you won't go to jail. Just like the Cubans in jail for writing or speaking an anti-government opinion. They knew the law, if they didn't want to go to jail, they shouldn't break it.

That's not the point, at all. We're not saying the woman wasn't stupid, we're saying the law that put her there is stupid, arbitrary, cruel and oppressive. What was the worse damage done to society and her children - selling a dried plant, or her gone for ten years?

BTW, I get tired of seeing the phrase "rule of law" misused all the time. It doesn't mean that laws must be made and enforced, it means that we have rule of law, rather than the rule of men.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    One ended with a 45 acp slug in the back of a kids skull, one ended with a knife stuck into a guy repeatedly and the last ended with skull trauma from a lead pipe.

Guy with the 45 ACP in his skull got it in a CVS parking lot. The guy clubbed with the lead pipe was in his backyard. Neither of those places was particularly dangerous until they decided to start selling weed there.

Joe

Any place where a criminal knowns has some cash, they are going to hit up, which is why I agree with you that you should try to keep your kids away from your illegal doings, it attracts all the slime balls, even the ones who work for the government.

Second, you didn't address my rebuttal to your three reasons and that was disappointing. It's sort of like trying to convince a wall of something.

Third, I mean no disrespect, but now you've changed your story in red, so I don't believe you. I just want you to understand where I'm coming from.

We live in a society where up until recently our female and black citizens couldn't legally vote. We were very fond of owning humans and forcing them to work on our land. We live in a society that supposedly has the absolute right, given to us by God, laid out clearly in our founding documents, to keep and bear arms, yet up until very recently it was against the law to carry a self-defense handgun in your car...and it's still illegal in some states.

The United States is the best damn country on this Earth. I love it, literally, to death. But we have strayed far from our intended path and have very much room for improvement in our Liberty department. You'll have to forgive me if I don't respect every law that bans something in the United States. We have a bill working (enough to pass) to ban home gardens. **** bans. I say LIVE FREE OR DIE.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Car deals go bad sometimes too. And lawnmower deals, and FTF gun sales, and patronizing stores. Hell about 2 years ago a guy in my town beat a cashier's head in with a hammer.

I think what you are upset about is that the woman exposed her child to the public. Strangers are dangerous and unpredictable and sometimes criminal. Children should not be exposed to the public while money is changing hands. Am I right? :dunno:

Yep. One of four murders in the history of my town was over plow deal gone bad. This was back in the days when a plow's engine was a mule.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    And since those mules became unemployed by the invention of the tractor, the government sent them for retraining while on unemployment. What else could explain all of the asses in government?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom