• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    All else aside, I would have raised a daughter with enough self-respect and decency not to try to sneak boys into her room at night. That's what I would do differently. Article states the girl first professed not to know the guy when asked - so the question really becomes how long would you wait to draw on a strange male in your daughter's room in the middle of the night who she just said she doesn't know? He screwed up by pulling the trigger and by raising an immoral liar. Double-whammy.

DemolitionMan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Avon, IN
    So glad I have boys. If I find a girl in my son's bedroom at 2am I'm more likely to congratulate him than anything else. :D

(until Mom shows up....then it's on) :nono:

Robert8252

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Scary part is knowing I've been that boy in my teen years :naughty:

Never happened to me obviously, I'm still here. BUT, in that moment I'm sure the boy freaked out and just wanted to get the hell out of there (assuming he was there with the daughters permission) but I can only imagine a father walking in his daughters room in the mind state that a stranger is in there with his little girl in the middle of the night.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I'd probably assume the daughter was lying at least about knowing him, whooped her ass, then the boy's ass. Then had the boy arrested for whatever I could get.

What's INGO always saying? Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Well, the boy played a very, very stupid game. The father may not have made the most prudent decision, but unless more facts come to light to show he knew the boy wasn't a threat/intruder, I won't condemn the father.

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    All else aside, I would have raised a daughter with enough self-respect and decency not to try to sneak boys into her room at night. That's what I would do differently. Article states the girl first professed not to know the guy when asked - so the question really becomes how long would you wait to draw on a strange male in your daughter's room in the middle of the night who she just said she doesn't know? He screwed up by pulling the trigger and by raising an immoral liar. Double-whammy.
    Do you have kids? If so, how many? I have four daughters aged 12 to 27. Sometimes the best kids do stupid things, and sometimes the best parents have bad kids. I think people with one or two kids often tend to underestimate that kids are their own people with their own personalities from the moment they are born. You can treat them all the same, give them the same opportunities, have the same rules and consequences and they'll all turn out slightly different. And sometimes one turns out very different. Plus, the part of kids' brains that gauges consequences is not fully developed until about 25.

I've never had one sneak a boy into the house (that I know of) but there's one that it wouldn't have surprised me if she did. Not because she was a bad kid, but just because her tolerance for risk was higher. I don't think she would have lied about it if caught, though.

roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    i dont know if i found a man in my house that i did not know i would probably react pretty bad. ether way if the father was not aware of this guy and he found him in his kids room i imagine all he was thinking about was defending his little girl from some man, and i would think that would send any father in to rage.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011

Either has no teenage kids or is woefully out of the loop about the things his kids are doing.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Either has no teenage kids or is woefully out of the loop about the things his kids are doing.

I have 2 teenagers and I think he's dead on target.

Kids will live up to or down to our expectations. Low expectations, low morality. This case demonstrates, not a single, solitary bad decision, but a series of bad decisions and a total lack of respect for her parents and herself.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    I have 2 teenagers and I think he's dead on target.

Kids will live up to or down to our expectations. Low expectations, low morality. This case demonstrates, not a single, solitary bad decision, but a series of bad decisions and a total lack of respect for her parents and herself.

When your kids are over 30, as all of mine are, start asking them questions. Right now, know that they all have done AT LEAST everything that You ever did...... Take that to the bank.

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    When your kids are over 30, as all of mine are, start asking them questions. Right now, know that they all have done AT LEAST everything that You ever did...... Take that to the bank.
    Yep.

And it really is a medical, physiological truth that the part of the brain that weighs consequences is not fully developed until about 25. It's not a coincidence that car insurance rates go down at 25; it's when kids grow up enough to start being careful.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Given the circumstances as described,

Police tell FOX 26 reporter John Donnelly that the father was notified that there was someone in his daughter's bedroom by one of his other children.The father then went into the girl's bedroom and discovered the 17 year old male in bed with his 16 year old daughter. The daughter denied knowing who the boy was.
    A confrontation between the father and boy started. The boy apparently wasn't listening to the father's commands and reached for something. It ended with 17 year old being shot and killed at the scene.

Read more: HCSO: - Houston weather, traffic, news | FOX 26 | MyFoxHouston

So let's look at this as he was at the time, not with hindsight.

Your asleep and one child comes and says there is a stranger in the house in another child's bedroom. You go to that child's bedroom, the child denies knowing the person (and we can probably assume it wasn't a calm "gosh Daddy, no" denial), and you hold the person at gun point until you can evaluate what's going on and summon the police. He doesn't listen to your commands, becomes confrontational, and starts reaching for things.

If his story checks out, I'm not arresting him, I'm telling the prosecutor my opinion is no charges filed, he acted in a reasonable manner based on what the facts as he had them at the time. Hindsight says he shouldn't have shot, but the legal system doesn't judge you in hindsight.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    :rolleyes:.....
    Ain't 'bout morality......Ain't 'bout good kid/bad kid.....:rolleyes:......it ain't 'bout they raise'n...it'a 'bout...the 'itch' they git at 'at age.....:):......an' if ya think yer teens AIN't do'n SUMthin'....ta satisfy 'at 'itch'.......:rolleyes:......ya got LOT's ta learn...... :):

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I'm not sure I would've shot the kid, but for the rest of his life he'd be sipping his dinner thru a straw. I made pretty sure that all my daughters boyfriends knew being in my daughters bedroom at 2:00 in the morning would possibly be a death sentence! Ya gotta communicate with the boyfriends!!!!!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom