• Total voters

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Now you're talking. I can't believe no one else thought of this. I can do without the other addiction items but I really do better with coffee. I wonder if I could trade chocolate for coffee.

Yep, I'll trade for chocolate.
    I've been playing with roasting and grinding for the past few months.

I would think you are much less likely to be killed for your coffee than some of the other things mentioned. A caffeine withdraw headache isn't any fun, but it doesn't even compare to the DTs, drug addiction, starvation or the all powering firearms and ammo.

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    A lot depends upon the reason for bartering. Are you bartering to get something you don't have from someone who does have it. Or are you bartering as commerce? What you stockpile will have a lot to do with how you answer that question. Bartering between folks who are prepared vs. the general masses will be different. The general masses will be after food, water, and comfort items. But they won't have much of value because they didn't prep.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Since this is just for barter and not for my need I will go with the booze and smokes. I think that alcohol will be in high demand as stated above. Whether it is a stress reliever or just something to forget for a bit I see it being more valuable than say water.

Even with the drought that we are kind of having here right now water is still pretty easy to get in Indiana. Making it fresh isn't that difficult.

Waddell6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2008
    Indiana
    Water definitely, most freshwater sources will make the average person sick. To much bacteria our bodies are no longer used to.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    Some have already mentioned it, but after weapons, Medicine/Pharmaceuticals seem to be the most logical choice for bartering. When the Zombie Apocalypse kicks off, my first trip will be to the local police HQ for guns (using my katana to hack my way there ;-) followed by the nearest pharmacy...

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Alright INGO.... Which of these items do you believe would/will be the hottest barter commodity in any SHTF situation?? Precious metals, hygenic material, guns/ammo, fuel, alcohol/tobacco, fresh water...... Multiple choices are fine as well....

KEEP IN MIND THAT THIS POLL IS FOR BARTERING ITEMS, NOT NECESSITY!!

You have enough preps for food and fresh water and other material to last you and your family for quite a while.....
    The question is far too vague and requires immediate clarification...None of the items there are going to be the hot commodity in "any" situation. There are too many different SHTF scenarios too even count and there will be no ONE item that's going to cover all of them.

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    Whatever SHTF scenario you believe will happen that will be long term (3-5 years) out of the items in the poll, which would you barter with? Your preps are enough to cover your essential needs for yourself and your family.

Using the items listed, which would you barter with to get a little bit of a luxury for yourself and/or your family.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Whatever SHTF scenario you believe will happen that will be long term (3-5 years) out of the items in the poll, which would you barter with? Your preps are enough to cover your essential needs for yourself and your family.

Using the items listed, which would you barter with to get a little bit of a luxury for yourself and/or your family.

To survive in a major nature or man based SHTF scenario will be a luxury in and of itself. Not being a wise A$$ and you are asking a solid question.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Never trade something that could be used against you later on. I would accept guns and ammo as barter, but I doubt that I would let them go out.

Top Bottom