Hot Girl, oh and a Ruger 10/22 range report.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Protect those eyes!

Eye protection, it's a great gift and shows you care.:)

She may look really hot in her tre chic oversized praying mantis shades but you want shooting glasses that wrap around the sides in case the gun comes apart (afterall it's a metal box with an explosion in front of your face) or brass bites her.

AOSafety SELECT - Personal Safety Products for Women featuring Amy Wynn Pastor

97300_97301_97302.jpg

thanks for the link on the eye protection, I wear glasses, and I didn't have anything that would fit her. You will be getting rep for that sir.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Fine job, getting your significant other out to a range. Fine catch, both the rifle and the young lady. She does have beautiful eye's and you need to protect both of them, you know our eye's work as a set and only one will destroy her ability to visually tell how close she is too anything... She looks like she's off to the races with her shooting ability from the pic's.... Does she model, that's a professional question, I am the Gunbunnies model project photographer, you know... LOL... Also that does look like the 25 yard line on the Jasper-Pulaski range.... they almost through me out of last weekend when that dang Saiga 12 just got up and started unloading mags as fast as it could .... dang pesky thing eats ammo like there was no tomorrow and gets me in trouble everywhere I go anymore...

Keep the young lady shooting and she will only get better... pretty soon you will be able to get her out in the squirrel fields and be filling the pot for dinner... you'll have to argue over who is cleaning them and cooking them after that... my wife won out on that one...

Good post..

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    you know our eye's work as a set and only one will destroy her ability to visually tell how close she is too anything...

Let me start by saying I do not intend to be argumenative (:):), and that I think eye protection is of the gravest importance. I spare no expense when protecting my eyes. The loss of eye sight is one of the most difficult things to deal with.

However, this statement is incorrect. Yes, the eyes work as a set, and two are certainly better than one. And yes, the loss of one eye will temporarily effect depth perception. However, just like adjusting to everything else in life, having a singular ocular input device does not prohibit one from judging distances permanently.

Just sayin' ;)

By the way OP, this is the second thread I have read recently with similar circumstances....it started to sound familiar. Come to think of it, so were the pics. She is fantastic. Tell her so!

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Let me start by saying I do not intend to be argumenative (:):), and that I think eye protection is of the gravest importance. I spare no expense when protecting my eyes. The loss of eye sight is one of the most difficult things to deal with.

However, this statement is incorrect. Yes, the eyes work as a set, and two are certainly better than one. And yes, the loss of one eye will temporarily effect depth perception. However, just like adjusting to everything else in life, having a singular ocular input device does not prohibit one from judging distances permanently.

Are you talking from personal experience? The reason I ask is because I have two friends that have lost the eyesight in one of their eyes, and they BOTH have stated that they have little to no depth perception, that everything appears to be at the same distance from them. just bigger or smaller. :dunno:

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    Are you talking from personal experience? The reason I ask is because I have two friends that have lost the eyesight in one of their eyes, and they BOTH have stated that they have little to no depth perception, that everything appears to be at the same distance from them. just bigger or smaller. :dunno:

The only reason I can relate is because my brother had his eye put out from a ricochet when he was younger. I just have went by what he told me. And yes, he immediately lost some depth perception and had trouble with judging distance. However, he quickly regained his abilities and is a fantastic marksman. He is very quick to tell me we what the approximate yardage is, he drives, sees colors fine, etc. Part of that may be his need to concentrate or look at it differently, but he is very accurate and has no issues that effect daily life or shooting skills. He claims depth perception isn't an issue and it went away fairly quickly, but perhpas it is just how you calculate it based on the information available.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Ghost, it was my experience as being diagnosed with Diabetes Retinopthy and having it corrected with laser surgery before it got to the point of blindness that I did experience the inability to tell how close things were and to proficiently use sights on a firearm, along with the inability to truely see the high green and brilliant red colors for about six months after the corrective surgery... but would it all have come back after some years without the surgery, I don't really know... I have read that it takes two points of input for the brain to assemble a 3D view which would be needed to tell distance... In Samrothstein's experience maybe his brother's brain was able to manage it... the brain is a interesting and really untapped part of all of us... But I think my original statement is true for the norm of us and atleast in the beginning of the lost of one eye...

By the way the Op's lady should keep both of her's as they are very beautiful and belong together on the same face.... Just saying...

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    Ghost, it was my experience as being diagnosed with Diabetes Retinopthy and having it corrected with laser surgery before it got to the point of blindness that I did experience the inability to tell how close things were and to proficiently use sights on a firearm, along with the inability to truely see the high green and brilliant red colors for about six months after the corrective surgery... but would it all have come back after some years without the surgery, I don't really know... I have read that it takes two points of input for the brain to assemble a 3D view which would be needed to tell distance... In Samrothstein's experience maybe his brother's brain was able to manage it... the brain is a interesting and really untapped part of all of us... But I think my original statement is true for the norm of us and atleast in the beginning of the lost of one eye...

By the way the Op's lady should keep both of her's as they are very beautiful and belong together on the same face.... Just saying...

Agreed on all fronts! I suppose my first post was a little assumptive. Just relaying my brothers experience.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    Holy crap, she is "For the Horde" and she is shooting a gun...

Pretty sure my head might explode in a minute....

Horde FTW Undead Rouge FTW woot, I saw the same thing and was like really!

I also noticed that she shot righty and lefty!

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana

Agreed on all fronts! I suppose my first post was a little assumptive. Just relaying my brothers experience.

Can't answer except to relate what these two particular people have told me. :dunno:

Top Bottom