• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Range snobs, ruin it for guys that just want to bust some clays for fun. Went to one of those Gun Club places once, I had a 870, they all had guns I never heard of, probably cost more than all my guns combined. I have more fun with a box of clays and a cheap thrower, tossing clays over a corn field anyway.

A lot of these "Club" guys have money and think thier s##t dosent stink, all they want to do is brag about their dogs and guns and where they go and what the do!

May be the owner and guys who've shot there for decades should just hand over the key to the place next time you waltz in from the corn field?:rolleyes:

Expecting some one using the range to have a clue WTF they are doing and behave in a predictable manner while in control of a shot gun doesn't make some one a range snob any more than thinking all the rules and customs should be customized a kid who bought a shotgun last week and walked in from the corn fields today makes some one a range snot.

When in Rome, do as the Romans do or expect to be treated like the "latest hay seed to blow in" by the Romans.

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    The thing is Jack, I can shoot as well as any of those slobs because I have shot in the CORNFIELDS. My point was, that it dosen't matter weather you came in from the CORNFIELDS, WHEAT FIELDS, OR ANY OTHER FIELD, a person who is there to shoot, should be given that chance. Instead of judging a persons ability based on what shotgun they carry. I assure you, and any other gun snob, at any other range, me and my Wingmaster will give you and your fancy ITALIAN walnut stock, engraved shotgun, a run for you money, and the clays will be shot with just as much safety, as any MEMBER, who comes down to the range after a couple of bourbons and a nasty cigar. CHERRIO OL BOY AND ALL THAT.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I don't know if I'd go all that far
    Yeah, I would. Then again I know my way around Trap clubs so I would have called out the dip**** right then and there. The free ranging dog also points to a half a**ed club as well.

By the time I was 14 I was pulling 4th pad on many an ATA registered shoot. Those pricks can be managed just like any other bully. That guy probably wasn't much of a shot and I am sure his woman is less than satisfied sexually.

While we are at it: GREAT PEOPLE and stellar views while shooting skeet or clays, pics do not do it justice. A stranger can walk in shoot with locals no problem. We didn't but they offered and regulars offered coaching to my GF and I on every stage. Sure, she is a tall blonde but they were nice to me too!

Chilhowee Sportsman's Club

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    "Whats that kid doing? He just practicing! I can't tell if he's on 2 or 5! I can't concentrate! BANG BANG! I can't shoot s***!"
    God he would have been fun to dick with. How in the hell does he shoot with 4 or more pads going at once with 20 to 100 shooters? He must be OCD, poor bastard.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    The thing is Jack, I can shoot as well as any of those slobs because I have shot in the CORNFIELDS. My point was, that it dosen't matter weather you came in from the CORNFIELDS, WHEAT FIELDS, OR ANY OTHER FIELD, a person who is there to shoot, should be given that chance. Instead of judging a persons ability based on what shotgun they carry. I assure you, and any other gun snob, at any other range, me and my Wingmaster will give you and your fancy ITALIAN walnut stock, engraved shotgun, a run for you money, and the clays will be shot with just as much safety, as any MEMBER, who comes down to the range after a couple of bourbons and a nasty cigar. CHERRIO OL BOY AND ALL THAT.

I don't have one of those, I don't drink or smoke.

I do learn the rules at any club where I shoot. I do my best to follow them. I expect the other people shooting around me to do the same. When they start acting different or like they don't know what they are doing I ask if they need help and I keep an eye on them regardless of what their reply is. If they act like they don't know what they are doing, I presume in self defense they don't know what they are doing.

If that expectation makes me a snob then I suppose I'm a snob. I didn't judge ANY ONE by the gun they carry. I don't even know or care what gun you want to use or carry. Can you say the same?

I'd be happy to shoot a few rounds with you any time at Sugar Creek or Lost River clubs or even out here in front of the house. I could use a few tips.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Yeah, I would. Then again I know my way around Trap clubs so I would have called out the dip**** right then and there. The free ranging dog also points to a half a**ed club as well.

By the time I was 14 I was pulling 4th pad on many an ATA registered shoot. Those pricks can be managed just like any other bully. That guy probably wasn't much of a shot and I am sure his woman is less than satisfied sexually.

While we are at it: GREAT PEOPLE and stellar views while shooting skeet or clays, pics do not do it justice. A stranger can walk in shoot with locals no problem. We didn't but they offered and regulars offered coaching to my GF and I on every stage. Sure, she is a tall blonde but they were nice to me too!

Chilhowee Sportsman's Club

Yeah I hear ya, yer the king, rah rah what ever

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    anyone else find this post ironic?:dunno:

Funny thing is, I've NEVER had a bad expirience at ANY TRAP club ANY WHERE or run in to a single person who wasn't helpful and fun to be around. I'd be happy to shoot clays with any person I've ever shot with before from the hillsides over looking the Ohio river to Wisconsin where they sell beer from the same window they sign up your squad to shoot. Registered birds at Rushville conservation club to league night at MCF&G under lights at night, international trap or practice in my own front yard...

yep the king is right, trap is trap, every club every where is exactly the same. I had fun and liked every one I met. May be I just wasn't there on the king's day. Dumb old demanding know it all me, how silly, I just ask teenage trap boy what to do. He usually has a pretty good grasp on what's expected.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Yeah I hear ya, yer the king, rah rah what ever
    God Damn it Jack, what did I teach you?

YouTube - Escape from New York - What did I teach you?

I think you do make my point though, for a newbie, walking in to a Trap club is not as welcoming as some might expect. Shooters spot newbies and pricks will bully them. Sadly the internet forums have taken the place of local gun clubs and even the kids lost their jobs to voice activated machines. Just not the same anymore. Somewhere, right now, a kid in Indiana is getting his butt kicked on the internet by a kid in Japan.

hip shot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    guys like that usually have somthing else going on in their life and that is how they vent, the doubls guy should be the one leaving:rolleyes:

Top Bottom