• ...and so much more!
  • indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Sometimes...

Fair enough. I will say that if I get a wonky feeling for whatever reason, I'll scope out the back of the house before I go in. I also live in a sub-division in town, so all 4 sides of my house are wide open.

And I also check the telltales I have out if I've been gone long ;)

(and yes, I am serious)

Every time...front door, garage door (to house), rear man-door to garage...before I ever get out of the truck.

Like Jeremy (and others, I'm sure), I have a 4-legged noise maker, though she stays inside. She makes quite the racket when someone she doesn't know approaches the house. She'll hit on someone walking along the sidewalk, but that changes if they get closer to the house. She can be very intimidating.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I am glad I am not the only nut here that parks away from the home and walks in looking for trouble occasionally...

My house is all by itself in the deep woods away from anything else. My security perimeter starts at the gate where I have a telltale and continues on inside and includes active and passive trouble indicators that let me know if someone has been on the property while I was away (I work from home so I only set the full perimeter when I vacation) and if I see more than one telltale tripped we are on high alert as we approach the house and I have on occasion parked down the road and walked in through the woods. I don't worry overmuch about one or two of the passive ones because critters trip them all of the time, but it takes a human to trip one of the active ones including the one on the gate.

I don't know about paranoia, but when I was a kid we had a couple of break-ins including one we interrupted when we got home.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    I feel sorry for the guy and pray he will recover quickly. It seems to be the season for break-ins. My home was robbed about this time last year while the kids were at school on their last day before summer. I have a feeling the robbers will be back for all the new stuff we replaced. I am working from home where I have a pistol on me and ready at all times, even close by when I shower. One of my wife's co-workers had their home in Martinsville broke into last week. We all need to be on alert. I hope they catch those bastards.

dusterboy49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Fremont
    If that is the case, then he is at fault for his injury. He should have went back to his truck and got his firearm, IF he was going to investigate his home. Regardless, he should have called 911...

The reason I asked though is due to the fact that a large majority of people never even notice when their homes have been broken into. They think it is my house and it is a Sanctuary no one would dare invade it...

How can you say that him being shot was his fault!
    Did he aim a firearm at himself and pull the trigger?
    Did he invite a burglar to ransack his home?
    I have seen some stupid quotes from you before in this forum, but this really takes the cake!!! :noway:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    How can you say that him being shot was his fault!
    Did he aim a firearm at himself and pull the trigger?
    Did he invite a burglar to ransack his home?
    I have seen some stupid quotes from you before in this forum, but this really takes the cake!!! :noway:

First, read further down pot...

Second, anyone who walks into an unknown and potentially dangerous situation unarmed is looking for St. Darwin to intervene...

Third, sit down and shut up cherry. If you pay attention you might even learn something from some of us dumbasses...

Forth, be glad dueling is unlawful...

WileECoyotee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Huntington.IN.
    I think this is still legal...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1tqxzWdKKu8

JEREMY, IMA CALLIN YOU OUT! YOU YELLOW BELLY...

Are you buying the Beer?!

I prefer a Hefeweizen or actually a Krystalweizen now that it is warmer weather...

You know how insensitive to the OP you two are in this thread ?

This thread is not about clowning around with each other , it's about his Friend who has been shot in the back .

You should not be joking around in this kind of thread , go play somewhere else .

It's stuff like this that is the reason some of us barely participate in any discussions anymore .

To the OP , I hope you will post an update here on your Friend when you know something .

lon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Top, Dead Center
    .......he was shot in the back after he confronted the BG as he tried to run away......they think it was with one of his guns......

Police: Homeowner Shot After Walking In On Burglary - Indiana News Story - WRTV Indianapolis

I use to leave my Home Defense 12 ga. in my bedroom, out of the safe, most of the time to save the hassle of shuffling it back and forth everyday. I thought " It's only a $350 gun...easily replaced" Then one day the light came on... " Gee, what if I come home to a burglary in progress?...I just brought a pistol to a shotgun fight":(

Now thet ALL get locked up...duhh

SHEEPdOHdoubleG

Plinker
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    East Central Indiana

This thread is not about clowning around with each other , it's about his Friend who has been shot in the back .

You should not be joking around in this kind of thread , go play somewhere else .

It's stuff like this that is the reason some of us barely participate in any discussions anymore .

To the OP , I hope you will post an update here on your Friend when you know something .

WORD. :+1:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

Sorry I am not sensitive enough for you and others like you. Life goes on every day. Several someones get hurt daily, several more die daily. That is life. You can either choose to mourn and cry through life or you can choose to celibrate life and have a laugh at its expense. Life is not that serious of business that you can have humor even in the gravest of times. Why don't follow your own advice Pot, I know I have a blackheart and a gallows sense of humor.

If you do not like my attitude then either do not read my postings, or use the sites ignore feature, or better yet step of your soapbox...

Top Bottom