• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Just watched the Fox 59 story. So, how many here don't think a gun lives there even without the sign?

Geez, talk about poor target selection. Just that part of Marion County is enough to write off for a burglary. It's the frickin' Southwest side of Marion County, more guns than a Ruger factory. Greatgrandmothers are armed.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I wonder when something like this happens, does the victim get taken downtown for blood draws, interrogation, clothes change, etc. even though it was self defense?

I watched a show the other night and a guy killed a guy that came in his house.......man, they treated him like a criminal for defending his home. It was in Colorado though. Just curious what protocol is here.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The Indy Channel had that view on their site. How do you nominate someone for, "Most stupidest criminal in the history of forever"??

Before you do any nominations, you might want to check your wording of the prize.

Sieg Grammar!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Awesome. Another moron thug that would harm is weeded from the thug gene pool.

I feel bad that the lady has to face the reality of taking someones life. But it sure beats her family members having to attend her funeral. I pray she deals with it well. She did the right thing.

rhino400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Delaware County
    Awesome. Another moron thug that would harm is weeded from the thug gene pool.

I feel bad that the lady has to face the reality of taking someones life. But it sure beats her family members having to attend her funeral. I pray she deals with it well. She did the right thing.

Don't think the baddie died. From what I saw he was in the hospital in stable condition.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just watched the Fox 59 story. So, how many here don't think a gun lives there even without the sign?

Geez, talk about poor target selection. Just that part of Marion County is enough to write off for a burglary. It's the frickin' Southwest side of Marion County, more guns than a Ruger factory. Greatgrandmothers are armed.

Yes sir. The sign should have been enough but could the perp actually read.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I wonder when something like this happens, does the victim get taken downtown for blood draws, interrogation, clothes change, etc. even though it was self defense?

I watched a show the other night and a guy killed a guy that came in his house.......man, they treated him like a criminal for defending his home. It was in Colorado though. Just curious what protocol is here.

Some areas don't believe in self defense.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Before you do any nominations, you might want to check your wording of the prize.

Sieg Grammar!

I smelled irony in that title. Just sayin.

Wonder if the DA will go with a theft charge since he took her bullets with him when he left?

No, not theft. Pretty sure she gave them to him quite willingly. :):

Or not enough gun. I doubt we'll find out specifics unless one of those "involved" persons might pass the word.

That will be interesting. And sad at the same time. Beloved LEO catches one in the leg and bleeds out, but PoS criminal catches several and survives. Life's not fair sometimes. :xmad:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Good shoot. Good reminder to home-carry.
    PSA: According to the latest statistics compiled by the CDC*, 100% of Home Invasions happen in the home! The CDC* strongly recommends the carry of a firearm while in the home to combat the effects of a home invasion!

*= Centers for Dumdass Control!

Anima mundi

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Southport
    So this guy is getting breaking & entering, attempted murder plus whatever intention/conspiracy charges they can cook up with the zipties and radio, right? I can't imagine he won't go to prison for a long time.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So this guy is getting breaking & entering, attempted murder plus whatever intention/conspiracy charges they can cook up with the zipties and radio, right? I can't imagine he won't go to prison for a long time.

With our justice system, I'll be surprised if he serves more than a couple of years. After he gets his GED and some college courses on the taxpayers' dime under his belt of course. :rolleyes:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    This was 3 or 4 houses down from my Dad (about a mile from me). My Dad called and told me about it a little after 3:00 and was telling me about the shooting (he's good friends with the family, having spent a lot of time with the husband, Matt, as he was growing up). He said he wanted to let me know about the good shoot "in our backyard". I know the husband, but haven't met his wife, Harley I believe her name is. I was very glad to hear that she came out on top in this incident. The article and policeman interviewed were right, this is normally a pretty quite area, so it's unusual for something like this to happen. I know I feel even more justified always carrying or having a gun near to hand when I'm at home now!

Top Bottom