• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    LEO's have a tough job that they signed up for that requires making tough decisions in difficult situations, even when having to deal with the mentally ill. It's hard for me to believe that any LEO that has spent 3 hours with a person like this wouldn't be able to come to the conclusion that he was mentally ill. All of the officers I know personally are good people who I believe would not have let out a "BOOYAA!" like they just took down a 12 point buck when having to fire on a mentally ill, or any suspect, even in self defense. Not the kind of person we need in law enforcement.
    Knowing a person is mentally ill does not necessarily make a peaceful resolution easier. I deal with group homes all the time and many times a simple disturbance turns into an all out brawl. My beat partner had a disturbance at a group home between 2 residents which required the officer to restrain the female aggressor. All they did was pin her up against the wall by her arms. She fought so violently that she broke her own arm and she didn't even feel it. Of course the family filed a civil rights violation with the USDOJ but they found the claims baseless. As far as the "booyaa" after firing the rifle, people act differently after such events and it is inaccurate to judge based on that alone. People here like to "talk the talk" but few have ever "walked the walk." I and a few others have and I can tell you that after such an event, your body is FULL of adrenaline, the strangest thoughts come across your mind and some people vocalize them.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Knowing a person is mentally ill does not necessarily make a peaceful resolution easier. I deal with group homes all the time and many times a simple disturbance turns into an all out brawl. My beat partner had a disturbance at a group home between 2 residents which required the officer to restrain the female aggressor. All they did was pin her up against the wall by her arms. She fought so violently that she broke her own arm and she didn't even feel it. Of course the family filed a civil rights violation with the USDOJ but they found the claims baseless. As far as the "booyaa" after firing the rifle, people act differently after such events and it is inaccurate to judge based on that alone. People here like to "talk the talk" but few have ever "walked the walk." I and a few others have and I can tell you that after such an event, your body is FULL of adrenaline, the strangest thoughts come across your mind and some people vocalize them.

Agreed. If some people heard how some people joked about death in general they would be absolutely mortified

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    No. I watched the video. Did you? They waited until he was walking peacefully towards them to throw it.

You would have set the dogs on him without the flashbang?

He had a history of stabbing people. Armour does not do well against knives. How to close the ground between the police and Boyd?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    You are referring to the box cutter? That is your history of stabbing people?

He was already closing the ground. He held no weapons and was not acting hostile. It does not look like either the flashbang or the dog were necessary at that point.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Cheering? I am standing up for the rule of law over the rule of man, which is pushed with emotion, feelings and a political agenda on INGO.
    Give me an "A"...Give me an "N"...

kimsurly2.jpg

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You are referring to the box cutter? That is your history of stabbing people?

Yes, a prior history of stabbing people would be incidents of stabbing people in the past such as what Boyd did.

It does not look like either the flashbang or the dog were necessary at that point.

So, you would just walk over and arrest him for the Trespass and Intimidation offenses?

Wait until he is on level ground and then Dutch Pile him?

Give me an "A"...Give me an "N"...

Yeah, yeah, the black and red mixed in the Purity Cult of Paul.

Last edited:

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Denny347 said:
    Yes, we try to keep it amongst ourselves and away from public view BECAUSE few understand it. Cannot even explain it to the wife.

Denny, is this what you would have done? Amidst a sea of obvious intellectuals throwing up anarchy straw-men, you are usually a voice of reason.

If this man picked up his bags and walked toward you to cooperate, would have have tossed a grenade at him and had the dog attack?

Would you have shot him in the back when he was turning away and crouching towards the ground?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    DeadeyeChrista'sDad said:
    So Kirk, which one of those killer cowboys are you friends with? Technically a good shoot or not, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that this is fxxked up like Uncle Sam ' s checkbook.

If Rambone started a thread claiming that the sky is blue, Kirk would be there to disagree with him, call him an anarchist and make a joke involving ron paul, wookies, firefly or L. Neil Smith.

He's kind of a one-trick-pony.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Yes, a prior history of stabbing people would be incidents of stabbing people in the past such as what Boyd did.

So, you would just walk over and arrest him for the Trespass and Intimidation offenses?

Wait until he is on level ground and then Dutch Pile him?

Yeah, yeah, the black and red mixed in the Purity Cult of Paul.

This is where I do not understand the argument of needing to flashbang him as he is walking down. In the video he is clearly giving up and coming down. Regardless of what was said in the 3+hrs prior, the situation appeared to be coming to an end. He is on rocky terrain and the officers didn't appear to be in a position to immediately grab him and put the cuffs on...so why throw the flashbang?

If they got him down to where the land was flat it would seem to me that would be the easier place to make the arrest...no?

Obviously we are all monday morning QBing this thing but it still doesn't make any sense to me the escalate a (seemingly) de-escalating situation.

Top Bottom