Home Remedy for Neck Spasms (Torticollis)?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    You're not missing anything, forgop is just a jaded healthcare employee :)

Muscle strains aren't pleasant, and they don't get better quickly. Valium is my favorite medication. Google dosing guidelines and you may find some more room in how you're doing it. I agree with a pretty girl rubbing your neck, heat, stretching (i guess we'll give that to Kirk, but without the leotard). Also change position frequently, strained muscles like to cramp if sitting still.

I've had issues with back spasms during football. They tried Valium and it worked very short term. Soma and massage worked the best. I was already doing a lot of stretching (with some yoga thrown in). Along with some chiropractor visits the Soma worked much better.

If you can get the Dilaudid, make sure they put you on a 15 minute drip and make sure they let you hang about a gallon on the IV stand that becomes your best friend. That stuff can almost numb the pain of a ruptured appendix and what it doesn't numb, it makes you not care about. After getting out of the hospital on that one, talk about feeling like crap for a few days.

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    The one time I had this, the med check doctor gave me some Flexiril. Made things all better. I also don't remember that drive home from work, but I felt better.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Chiro, OTC meds and taking it easy has me about functional in a week.
    Happens to me once in a while, used to happen all the time when my kids were little and I had to reach around to refasten their carseats.
    Lifelong headache sufferer (constant)................popping my back/neck to where it gets jacked up just adds more pain on top.
    Pretty friggin' brutal then.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Wow, I've got it good compared to some of you.

My family doctor still wasn't able to see me today which really has me on edge. She did send a prescription for Methylprednisolone to my pharmacy after calling them this morning though. It's a steroid of some sort, so hopefully it kicks in this evening as I've only had one solid hour of sleep in the last two days. The nurse said "if it doesn't get better come monday then we'll have to get you in here. I wanted to do it before the weekend but I guess I'm not special enough.

I still can't turn my head at all, but at least I'm able to touch my chin to my chest. Ok, time to drug up on Valium and Naproxen again :drool:

Top Bottom