• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Springer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.6%
    69   1   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Shelbyville
    So let me get this straight. Buying a weapon for protection, training with the weapon so you can use it quickly and accurately, and having it on you at all times makes you a "hair triggered madman". It actually makes you an intelligent man in my opinion.

jamesg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Indiana
    Here is a thread on being prepared, jamesg.

WARNING: IT IS BED WETTING SCARY!

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...nse/192847-home_invasion_plan_prep_train.html

Welcome to INGO!

yeah i saw it. It's completely unnecessary. enjoy preparing for that which will not happen, i will be slower to react when it does, o freaking well, at least i have a weapon now to use, the last 30+ years of my life we somehow magically survived with no guns or "plans" in place

amazing

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I KNOW everybody has there favorite video clips of unwarranted violent attacks on hand....this would be a good opportunity to post them here for those who live in "utopia"....I remember a gas station where a couple was killed recently for no reason/motive.......

there was something in Europe.....something in Virginia....there's tons and I can't remember them all....I think now I'll start saving them...but this would be a good time to include them guys ;)

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    yeah i saw it. It's completely unnecessary. enjoy preparing for that which will not happen, i will be slower to react when it does, o freaking well, at least i have a weapon now to use, the last 30+ years of my life we somehow magically survived with no guns or "plans" in place

amazing

18 year old Oklahoma mom. Google it. I am not trying to pile on here but, I will not be a victim or let my loved ones be a victim. If that makes me crazy then you can go ahead and get the straight jacket. I don't know anything about New Albany but I do know Indianapolis and let me say that I never go out without my weapon.

jamesg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Indiana
    He didn't leave anything out. 100% of each post was quoted, context and all, for us to read, right there in its entirety. How is that out of context?

the point was i am not going to participate in a breaking down and responding to every sentence argument like he wants to get into, he believes what he believes and so do i and neither one of us will change each others opinions, so better left alone. I have a gun, i know how to use it, and it is readily available. I do not live somewhere, or live a lifestyle, that compels me to carry on my person around my own home. If the situation that presents itself is such that I can't get to my gun, so be it, it was meant to be. Live life and enjoy it, stop being so uptight.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    the point was i am not going to participate in a breaking down and responding to every sentence argument like he wants to get into, he believes what he believes and so do i and neither one of us will change each others opinions, so better left alone. I have a gun, i know how to use it, and it is readily available. I do not live somewhere, or live a lifestyle, that compels me to carry on my person around my own home. If the situation that presents itself is such that I can't get to my gun, so be it, it was meant to be. Live life and enjoy it, stop being so uptight.

most do live life...and enjoy it...very much so......and that's why they take precautions to ensure that they can continue to live such a life......I've organized a number of pro-2a movements...and I can't tell you how many people I've met with the same philosophies as yours...PRIOR to being attacked IN their HOME....particularly women, which are usually the most disturbing accounts to hear....if you'd rather not be prepared for such occurrances, that's your choice....don't condemn everyone else for choosing a different path and attack them for exercising their rights and protecting their families

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just a comment on real life so do not get any panty's wadded up. in my early 20's I lived in an area that was on the decline socially (my attempt at PC) but the rent was cheap and 3 of us shared the place so it was party on Garth. I had a bedroom in the basement under the front door so all the comings and goings were audible on the hardwood floor. Got in late and was last to arrive as the roomy's were sleeping. Shortly after falling asleep I heard something the sounded like splintering wood and footsteps across the kitchen floor. By the time I cleared my bed and vaulted up the stairs (early 20's remember those days) I realized my Browning hi-power was still in the bed, too late I was committed.
    I met the intruder head on at the door to the stairs. I was full steam and rolled over him and jumped up to realize there were 2 intruders. The fight was really on. Not to go long on details we mixed it up hard in the kitchen and 1 of the cowards went down bleeding from some facial wounds from repeated blows to the face. He escaped when the other one grabbed me from behind and I was firmly in his grasp and we spilled into the living room to be greeted by the lights coming on and my room mates taking up the fight. They were armed and used said arms to bludgeon this fool half to death. We loaded his beat up A$# into alley and left him there. We called the leo's and said there was a h*&% of a fight in the alley.
    He was removed by ambulance. I am glad the Browning was left in the bed. It would have changed my life forever. Yes, I would have ended both of them.
    My father lives in a nice upper middle class area west of the city on a long court like street . His home was breached 2 years ago by 2 very angry men that roughed him up looking for valuables. He had a gun safe and everything was locked up in it including his guns. No defense available for him. He did not give up the combo and was beaten badly for that. The asses that did this were never caught.
    Point I am making, It does not matter where you live. If the BG thinks you have something he wants, he will try and get it. Some people just suck morally. There is little honer left in much of society. Good people still exist but we are now becoming targets for those wolves that view us as sheep or sheeple. Be vigilant, be aware, always.

Scratcher

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    In a house
    Didn't read all the replies so in case no one said it "PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN LOADED WITH HD SHELLS" Just point and shoot. I have one downstairs and one upstairs plus a loaded pistol in the bedroom.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    18 year old Oklahoma mom. Google it. I am not trying to pile on here but, I will not be a victim or let my loved ones be a victim. If that makes me crazy then you can go ahead and get the straight jacket. I don't know anything about New Albany but I do know Indianapolis and let me say that I never go out without my weapon.

NewAlbany?.....basic'ly a x'tension of WestEnd Louisville...my :twocents:...an' all the pond scum that go's 'long with that....Sherman Minton be'n closed has put the snuff on some o' the Louisville lowlifes come'n over(no easy access....yet...) Got it's good points....if ya stay toward the East side of the place....downtown NA seems ta be try'n ta clean their s*** up,some...I ain' got no desire ta live there.....

Far as Indy's concern'd.....hear ya .....an ya'll will REALLY have yer hands full THIS week....(SuperBowl.....) Be ready ta :draw:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Now we are posting our DREAMS?

yeesh.

Seriously, not enough exciting stuff happens around here, we gotta make it up subconsiously to justify just one more trip to the 1500 :)

evsnova74

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Near-east Indy
    One little other thing you keep mentioning Mr. G, is this suggestion that one should just "move", as though that's the most obvious, logical and easiest thing for a person who lives in a bad neighborhood to do. I recently tried to get a refi, for which the appraisal came in ridiculously low. Let's just say I'm upside down on a house I only owe $30k on. It lost over half it's value in less than 5 years. Either way that's really irrelevant, we as free citizens should be able to live wherever we want to without living in fear 24/7/365. The only time I'm a paranoid madman is when I don't have that comforting feeling of my main means of protection on my side. Having my gun on me at all times is the very thing that allows me to relax and enjoy life.

I know you don't understand that, and I won't attempt to guess as to why, but I believe you should just realize that you are ignorant (in the literal sense of the word, I'm not trying to insult you) and simply shouldn't speak on the subject. Don't forget, this wasn't a thread about how nothing ever happens to people in their own home and we got on here and criticized you for your opinions. It was a thread about an absolute fact of life that has happened to countless people just like you with an identical mindset, and you decided to get on here and criticize us for our opinions... Anything you perceived as an attack on you was purely reactionary as I see it.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    One little other thing you keep mentioning Mr. G, is this suggestion that one should just "move", as though that's the most obvious, logical and easiest thing for a person who lives in a bad neighborhood to do. I recently tried to get a refi, for which the appraisal came in ridiculously low. Let's just say I'm upside down on a house I only owe $30k on. It lost over half it's value in less than 5 years. Either way that's really irrelevant, we as free citizens should be able to live wherever we want to without living in fear 24/7/365. The only time I'm a paranoid madman is when I don't have that comforting feeling of my main means of protection on my side. Having my gun on me at all times is the very thing that allows me to relax and enjoy life.

I know you don't understand that, and I won't attempt to guess as to why, but I believe you should just realize that you are ignorant (in the literal sense of the word, I'm not trying to insult you) and simply shouldn't speak on the subject. Don't forget, this wasn't a thread about how nothing ever happens to people in their own home and we got on here and criticized you for your opinions. It was a thread about an absolute fact of life that has happened to countless people just like you with an identical mindset, and you decided to get on here and criticize us for our opinions... Anything you perceived as an attack on you was purely reactionary as I see it.

Hey man, check his posts.

He is a troll, every post he has made has been anti-gun and anti-cc.

The more you feed him, the more he will hang around.

evsnova74

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Near-east Indy

Then you shouldn't have accused him of taking you out of context. It's almost as though you just parroted a tired cliche you hear on political tv and radio shows all the time without actually knowing what it means. :dunno: Say what you mean and mean what you say.

Top Bottom