• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I agree 100%. But the fact that life is fickle and unpredictable shouldn't be a rationale for having no plan. (And I know you weren't suggesting that either.)

Guy
    Due to the fact that life is fickle and Murphy is a dick, is why I got in to Dogs that are Intelligent, Intimidating, and Trained...

Nothing like a German Shepherds intuition on People and Situations...

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    i have a variety of options when it comes to hd. sleep, door locked with the dog in the room, who routinely wakes me up when anything seems out of place, odd noises etc. i wake up, and listen, look outside, everything seems in place he calms down. would he attack? i dont know but he makes a great alarm clock. flashlight, 9mm and 2-5 extra mags (whatever is loaded) on the nightstand. next to night stand is 12g, on computer desk is .380 and 3 mags, .22 pistol and extra mag, ar15 and 5 extra mags. all are ready to go. i picked up a habit playing paintball of always looking at all angles when walking anywhere as far as what shots are where. i do this in my house on a daily basis, i know whats where and what shots i have, where my flanks and other possible entries are. preferably, depending on who all is in house, step one is get up and grab the shotgun, and if time call 911. i am positioned at that point with enough firepower to dispatch just about anything that could reasonably come my way.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    1. Do I have a HD plan? Yes. considerable time and money and home renovation has gone into it.

2. Do I intend on posting on the internets for a bunch of random people to know about?

Nope.
    Oh come on! At least post a floor plan, the location of your valuables, and when the place is unoccupied!

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    I happen to have a rather loud alarm system

Roppongi_dogs.sized.jpg

My cat Whiskers sleeps by the front door

lion-yawning_12659_990x742.jpg

My dad thinks my closet looks like this

up-5H9LBMNOS6U0C7F1.jpg

I sleep on the sofa like this

cammo.jpg

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    as far as finding good spots to hide, fire, etc, a good game of family airsoft might bring out some places you didnt know/think about. lock the breakables away in a cabinet, put some heavy blankets over the tv's, put on your goggles and have at it. you will learn your angles quickly and it will be fun in the process.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I've noticed over the last several years the number of home invasions on the rise.

Doesn't seem a much training focused in this area, so I thought I'd get a thread going.

What do you do to plan, prepare and train for such an event?
    As far as a home invasion goes, about the only thing you can do is just be prepared if it were to happen. A place for your kids to hide etc. I don't think training can prepare you for this kind of event. Just have a plan, be prepared.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    I don't think training can prepare you for this kind of event. Just have a plan, be prepared.

I disagree 100%. Training can be extremely helpful in the development and implementation of your plan, and is critically important in developing the defensive skills needed. For example, how many people go to the range and practice point shooting, or shooting from cover, including shooting while kneeling from cover and shooting off-hand from cover? A well-designed home defense course addresses all of those things - and many more.

Guy

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I disagree 100%. Training can be extremely helpful in the development and implementation of your plan, and is critically important in developing the defensive skills needed. For example, how many people go to the range and practice point shooting, or shooting from cover, including shooting while kneeling from cover and shooting off-hand from cover? A well-designed home defense course addresses all of those things - and many more.

Guy
    I agree with range practice on different shooting positions, aim etc. I do think this is extremely important. Practice at a range and a good defense plan is key to home defense. I'm not an expert of any kind, this is just how I would prepare.:patriot:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I don't think training can prepare you for this kind of event. Just have a plan, be prepared.

Guy

To expound a little more. While the Range time is a key skill, so is the Tactics and Strategies of House Fighting. Knowing the differences between Cover and Concealment is crucial as well. How to use Movement and Communication. And so on and so forth...

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    To expound a little more. While the Range time is a key skill, so is the Tactics and Strategies of House Fighting. Knowing the differences between Cover and Concealment is crucial as well. How to use Movement and Communication. And so on and so forth...

Exactly!

Top Bottom