• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • strongcrow

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy Central
    Well, A**holes broke into my house today while I was at work. I HAVE AN ALARM SYSTEM. Alarm company dispactched the IMPD within 2 minutes, and the officer and his partner were just down the street, so the responded within 2 minutes. Unfortunately didn't catch the perps, but all they got was some crappy costume jewelry from the wife and MY 42 inch Flatscreen. No guns were harmed in this event. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I was so relieved that my friends were stil here. I miss my TV, but I'd miss my guns more. The ones I lost in the tragic boating accident....:dunno:

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    That stinks, but atleast the alarm did what it was to do and the police weren't further.
    And thankfully they didn't make off with much.

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Too bad you weren't home to pull the trigger. Glad no one was hurt though and stuff is replaceable. Sorry to hear.

cromus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    That sucks about the break-in. I'm sure they will be upset when they go to try and sell the costume jewelry.

strongcrow

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy Central
    My attack cats were hiding out. And I know enough about "THE LAW" that I can't pull the trigger for my stuff. But when they turned on me and I'm old and decrepit, THEN, I can pull it... just sayin....

nineball481

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Curious. What alarm company do you use?
    Might consider exterior cameras.... they have apps that can view the images live from anywhere...

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Coworker had 3 dogs in her house when someone broke in. They were able to lock the dogs in a bathroom.
    Edit: I got cameras after my apartment was broken into.
    Well worth it.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    So we're saying that IMPD responded in what I think nearly all of us would consider a fantastic amount of time, and it still wasn't quick enough to catch them. I was assured by the media that calling the police would stop every crime...??? :n00b:

For those that choose to mistake this for a cop bashing post... please reread it until you no longer believe it is so. Thanks!

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    The plus is that the alarm at least got the cops there before they had a chance to get more stuff out of the house. Otherwise, you may have had a much bigger loss. Still, it pisses you off to no end when someone breaks into your house. I lost a lot of stuff (including a lot of pictures) when some sh*tbag broke into our house when I was away at college.

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    My attack cats were hiding out. And I know enough about "THE LAW" that I can't pull the trigger for my stuff. But when they turned on me and I'm old and decrepit, THEN, I can pull it... just sayin....

IC 35-41-3-2
    Use of force to protect person or property

(d) A person:
    (1) is justified in using reasonable force, including deadly force, against any other person; and
    (2) does not have a duty to retreat;
    if the person reasonably believes that the force is necessary to prevent or terminate the other person's unlawful entry of or attack on the person's dwelling, curtilage, or occupied motor vehicle.

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    IC 35-41-3-2

(d) A person:
    (1) is justified in using reasonable force, including deadly force, against any other person; and
    if the person reasonably believes that the force is necessary to prevent or terminate the other person's unlawful entry of or attack on the person's dwelling, curtilage, or occupied motor vehicle.

THIS!:ar15:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Sorry about the break in.

The alarm system is a security layer (one of several hopefully). As someone else mentioned it did help limit the time the perps had and probably prevented the loss of more stuff. They probably had at least 5 minutes and could have easily been a half mile away when the police got there.

BUT, the urgency keeps them from searching around too much, breaching security containers, etc.

A couple of questions:
    1) How did the perps get in?
    2) Are any alarm signs/stickers visible from the outside?

wizard_of_ahs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Terre Haute
    IC 35-41-3-2

(d) A person:

:+1:

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    That sucks man that you were robbed. A long time ago,back when I was 23 and just started collecting firearms, the apartment I was living in was broken into and robbed. They stole everything from me, from tv's, guns. leather jackets and even the damn sheets on the bed. Sorry to hear about your robbery but it could've definitely have been worse. Hope you get your stuff recovered, I never did

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    These dirt bags are not put off by alarm signs or postings of any kind... Smash ans grab.
    Alarm is sounding and they know LEO is on the way. Grab what is easily traded for dope and hit it. They probably live very close by as has been the issue around me. I am lucky in the fact that someone is always home and everyone is armed. We are also alarmed. Would not end well for intruders.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Audible alarms are the best for running off burglars. If your alarm is silent then the cops are already 2-5 minutes behind the curve when they get the dispatch due to the alarm company having to contact dispatch. Add another couple minutes to response time and that allows the morons enough time to take whatever they want. It has been my experience that a loud audible interior AND EXTERIOR alarm is the best deterrent.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom