• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    O.K for a small show, aisles were packed but that is good for the dealers, no big bargains seen though, still fun for $5 :popcorn:

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    I saw some "bulk" 223, don't know if it was reload of just unboxed for $380/1000 or $40/100 not good or bad really you can still pick up PMC for $350/1000 if you shop hard.

I went/I saw lots of people, lot of stuff, but I didn't see ANY real deals?
    Maybe I didn't have the right attitude, but it just wasn't worth the crowd hassle for me.
    :twocents:

But it did give me a good excuse to go see my ol buddy Bob at Plainfield, now that was worth the trip, just to get hear him sing!
    :D

coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    I think next indy 1500 I'm slingin a FAL over one shoulder and a mak90 on the other with stupid prices on both to see if people are REALLY paying crazy prices for semi-auto rifles.

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    I think the fever after the election has got some people thinking they are going to get a huge premium on every gun, I think prices are up some as more people are buying due to the fear of a possible ban or stricter laws, one local gun store I go to is crazy busy since the election, however I notice people are buying all sorts of guns, some are going for home defense shotguns, some they're first personal protection handgun, some a hunting rifle they fear will just go higher under the in coming administration. This leads me to believe the demand has caused an increase in prices on all guns but not the rediculous asking prices of some.

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    all I can say about todays gun show is "price gouging". I kept seeing old beat up used USGI AR mags for $25 and wolf .223 500rds for $190. Plainfield and Bradis have those ammo prices beat by $45. No deals at this show. Just a bunch of people trying to make an extra buck during these times. Wideners has the same ammo for $120 per 500rds. If people want to boycott the price gougers, start at the gun shows.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Well, I got in the car and started driving down there, then said to myself, "Lord, that's a long ride from Noblesville to look at overpriced stuff for ARs that I'm not going to buy" and went back home.

Colored for a while with the kids, then bought some stuff online, saving at least $10 in gas.

Hey, who says gun owners can't be green, too? :)

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Man, I worked so hard to color that Tonka bulldozer perfectly and it took my kid 5 seconds to ruin it. Oh well... ;)

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Anybody go to this today? Opinions?

I was there at 9am when the door opened. It was more crowded than I've ever seen it at that show. There was a notable lack of much ammo for sale, unless you wanted to pay over $500 for a case of Remington .308. Lots of SKS variants and AK-47s (some of them were very nice, but not cheap). Saw a Springfield NM M1a for "only" $2500.

Oddly, there was not a lot of accessories for sale either. I was looking for a sling for a rifle I bought, and a cleaning kit, and left without either. Most of the mags I saw for sale were AK-47, AR-15, or M1 Carbine (!?).

There were quite a few pistols, but I didn't check any of them out, since I wasn't in the market for a pistol.

It was worth the $5 admission to me, but then again, I just enjoy gun shows.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Hey Scutter, we went to pick up a Christmas tree at Gatewood around 2:30 p.m. -- think I heard your Mosin going off!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hey Scutter, we went to pick up a Christmas tree at Gatewood around 2:30 p.m. -- think I heard your Mosin going off!

Not me. I was shooting a .22.

There was a guy shooting pennies at 100 yards with a .308 around that time, though. Even the .308 guys complain about the noise when a Mosin goes off, though. :):

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    That might have been it!

Well, I'm happy to say I finally got off the pot and bought one myself.

Don't have it yet, I won an online auction for a Polish M44. Coordinating delivery with the seller and FFL. Not sure how long that is going to take, but am glad to (almost) be in the club.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    scutter01, where are you located in Noblesville near a range you can shoot your Mosin(s)? I live in Geist and I have been searching for somewhere I can shoot the one I picked up.

Hamilton County Fish and Game. It's a members-only range, but the membership requirements are not arduous. Attend a couple of meetings, pay your $150 and you can shoot pretty much anything you want (not ANYTHING, but close).

You can also shoot your Mosin at Atterbury, but that's a bit of a hike. I don't like shooting there. It's a nice facility, but there are way too many rules.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    You might also consider the Elwood Conservation Club. Don't think it would be an issue there. They have a 100 yard range. It's about 30 miles or so from Fishers, depending on what part of town you live in. $55 to join, no meeting requirements.

INGunLover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    I was went today. Good show but not great deals. Was crazy packed though. Love how Obama is arming more Americans. Just means more people will push back on a AWB.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I went today, and I wasn't much impressed.

The prices at Bradis are cheaper on almost everything I saw....especially ammunition.

They wanted $250 for a 700rd romanian hotshot 7.62x39 can.

I saw SKS there for 500-600. Nice stocks, but not worth that.

Top Bottom