• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    I personally would not want to reholster every time I get out of the car. If someone sees you holster your gun, especially in a concealed holster, prior to entering a store or bank what would be the first thing that runs through their mind?

I conceal carry mine at 5 o'clock and due to the fact that I have scoliosis and my lower spine curves to the left I actually have a nice little "dent" in my back right there that works perfectly for cc while sitting down or in a car without feeling the gun.

mvolz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2013
    Brookville
    Maybe give another holster or another holster position a try. I appendix carry and find it much more comfy than any other method. Just like carrying anywhere, it took me a while to get used to it, but even sitting down it does not bother me like carrying on my side. To me, drawing my pistol from the appendix position feels much more natural than drawing from my side or behind me. Just thought I would throw that out there. Everyone is different, but it works for me.
    I am relatively new to carrying concealed and looking for advice. I carry a Shield 9mm in a N82 Tactical holster at 4 o'clock on my right side.

When getting into my car, I pull my weapon and place it in a holster mounted under my steering column so that I do not have to sit on it while I drive. However, my problem is getting it re-holstered in my CC holster when exiting the vehicle. It is difficult to holster the weapon without standing outside next to my truck. However, then I am visible to other people and they can see me holstering my gun. Since the point of CC is for people not to know you are carrying, having people watch me holster my gun does not sit right for me. Plus, I do not want people to freak out and think that I am getting ready to rob the place or something.

Thoughts? Advice?

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    If I do have the guy out of it's holster while in the vehicle, I park where I can diminish the view while exiting my vehicle and re-holstering my weapon. It's just a practiced art. Most times, however, I keep my weapon holstered while in my vehicle.

In the winter, I carry cross-draw under my coat so that it's still concealed, but with the zipper 1/2 down, I still have decent access to it instead of having it hidden under my coat which is now strapped down by my seatbelt. I like vests in the fall / spring for that same reason...can leave it on most times...yet have quick access to it if necessary.

All of my weapons have 3-slot holster so that I can carry in the 3-4 O'clock range (I prefer OWB holsters) and then switch to cross-draw for incliment weather carry! I prefer Bianchi's Model 7, 3-slot holsters (great for Ruger revolvers), Old World Leather 3-Slot holsters for my Glocks and, lately, have been buying from www.rossleather.com/ ...great holsters!

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I carry a Sig 226 and full size 1911's in Galco OWB holsters at 3-4oclock .
    All stay in the holster when in the car, the most I might do is slide the holster forward more.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    OK....OP checking back in with an update.

I decided to buy a couple new styles of holsters to see if that helped with my problem/dilemma. I bought a kydex only IWB holster and a kydex & leather IWB holster. I have tried them both out, and I am happy to report that the kydex only IWB holster does to job. I have been carrying my more often, not un-holstering/re-holstering, and driving/sitting with no discomfort. The kydex-only holster is very minimal and not bulky at all. It makes carrying much more comfortable.

Thanks for all the feedback and input. Glad I got my CCW comfort down so I can carry much more often & confidently.

Top Bottom