• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Why are you guys all constantly unholstering and reholstering?? Strap it on before you leave the house and leave it the hell alone!!

This. Leave it in the holster. I had no idea this was a common practice.

Goes on when my pants go on and comes off when they come off. I will take it off sometimes when I am sitting in my leather recliner as the metal belt clips on the King Tuk have scratched the leather :xmad:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I am relatively new to carrying concealed and looking for advice. I carry a Shield 9mm in a N82 Tactical holster at 4 o'clock on my right side.

When getting into my car, I pull my weapon and place it in a holster mounted under my steering column so that I do not have to sit on it while I drive. However, my problem is getting it re-holstered in my CC holster when exiting the vehicle. It is difficult to holster the weapon without standing outside next to my truck. However, then I am visible to other people and they can see me holstering my gun. Since the point of CC is for people not to know you are carrying, having people watch me holster my gun does not sit right for me. Plus, I do not want people to freak out and think that I am getting ready to rob the place or something.

Thoughts? Advice?

Learn to tolerate the extra pressure of the weapon in its holster. I carry IWB in a Crossbreed (but at the 8 since Im a lefty) and its not too bad except long trips. Shifting my body in the seat a bit to accommodate the weapon also helps. Then again, the gentle pressure of a sidearm is a bit reassuring. :D

There is no shame in people knowing you are armed. Do what you need to do and do not worry about being seen. That being said, it took me a long time to be that confidence. Believe it or not few will even notice.

Amen to that. And if you DO have to reholster, use the car for cover. Either shift forward and to the left to free up the holster before you leave your seat, or get out and do the reholster/adjust with the gun shielded by the vehicle. Trust me, nobody is going to notice your gun unless its Hello Kitty Pink and you are being obvious about it by making noises/abrupt motions and hopping around. Just grab your sidearm, step out, reholster under vehicle cover, and move on. odds are nobody is going to even notice you exist, let alone notice your sidearm.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Learn to tolerate the extra pressure of the weapon in its holster. I carry IWB in a Crossbreed (but at the 8 since Im a lefty) and its not too bad except long trips. Shifting my body in the seat a bit to accommodate the weapon also helps. Then again, the gentle pressure of a sidearm is a bit reassuring. :D

Totally agree. If I don't feel the pressure it is just weird, kinda like not having my wallet.

Amen to that. And if you DO have to reholster, use the car for cover. Either shift forward and to the left to free up the holster before you leave your seat, or get out and do the reholster/adjust with the gun shielded by the vehicle. Trust me, nobody is going to notice your gun unless its Hello Kitty Pink and you are being obvious about it by making noises/abrupt motions and hopping around. Just grab your sidearm, step out, reholster under vehicle cover, and move on. odds are nobody is going to even notice you exist, let alone notice your sidearm.

Agree here as well. Most people are oblivious to what is going on around them unless they carry as well.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    1. Leave your pistol holstered. Learn how to draw from it when seated in the vehicle safely and efficiently, then practice doing it.
    2. If you feel the need to also have a gun in the under the steering column, get a second gun and leave it there.

I am relatively new to carrying concealed and looking for advice. I carry a Shield 9mm in a N82 Tactical holster at 4 o'clock on my right side.

When getting into my car, I pull my weapon and place it in a holster mounted under my steering column so that I do not have to sit on it while I drive. However, my problem is getting it re-holstered in my CC holster when exiting the vehicle. It is difficult to holster the weapon without standing outside next to my truck. However, then I am visible to other people and they can see me holstering my gun. Since the point of CC is for people not to know you are carrying, having people watch me holster my gun does not sit right for me. Plus, I do not want people to freak out and think that I am getting ready to rob the place or something.

Thoughts? Advice?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    In before Kirk comes by and admonishes the OP for coonfingering his piece....
    That's exactly what this thread is about, coonfingering.
    Holstered guns don't go off. Any time your gun is out of the holster or case, there is opportunity for it to go off. Why add to that opportunity unnecessarily?

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The way I understood it, everyone in here removes their entire holster from their pants when they get in the car and rearm when they exit. People don't actually pull the thing out and leave it laying on a seat unholstered do they?

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    My first piece of advice is keep it holstered, its a little uncomoftable at first but once your body gets use to it being there it will be very comfortable. I remember being in your position right after I started carrying.

The only time I take my gun out of my waistband is when I will be in the vehicle for an hour or more. Then I just take the whole holster out and stick in between the drivers seat and the center seat of my truck.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    The way I understood it, everyone in here removes their entire holster from their pants when they get in the car and rearm when they exit. People don't actually pull the thing out and leave it laying on a seat unholstered do they?
    This doesn't sound like removing the entire holstered firearm to me...

Thoughts? Advice?

k1500

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2013
    West Lafayette
    Aside from the topic of leaving it on your body or not, I'll address your original Q. I sometimes prefer to not have it poking me while seated and driving and will put it in my console. I have a positive safety and click it to safe before moving it. Someone mentioned that most people are so oblivious they won't notice. Unless you are pulling out a nickel plated Desert Eagle, most like nobody will see a small compact. Here is an option which works well for a right hander. Step out of the vehicle leaving the door slightly open. Grab the gun and keep it at your thigh before getting out. With your right side toward the inside the the vehicle (while standing) go ahead and reholster your pistol. Very little of the right side of your body is going to be visible to the public.

And what if someone sees it and calls the cops "Man with a gun." What will happen? They show up after you are in the store. If they happen to confront you and ask if you are carrying, tell them you are, you have a license and where on your body the gun is. If they start saying you were "flashing" it in the parking lot, say absolutely nothing about that. Just repeat you have a license to carry. They are going to realize hassling you is a dead end and will go away. Remember, the less you reveal to the police, the better off you are. Most reasonable police will realize the call came from some paranoid citizen.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    I solved that problem by carrying appendix, if on a long drive or sit (church, meetings, etc.). I don't have to sit on it, or take it in/out.
    I still don't understand how anyone can sit while carrying AIWB. I can't even carry my P3AT like this without terrible pain.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I still don't understand how anyone can sit while carrying AIWB. I can't even carry my P3AT like this without terrible pain.

What holster did you use?

I carry AIWB, and have used different holsters. Some holsters are uncomfortable, and hurt like hell.

The right holster makes a big difference.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom