• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    SideArmed, when it comes to holsters with just leather, no molded kydex that you say requires two handed re-holstering. Do these also have good retention? Or is there more of a chance the handgun could fall out? If you we're running or getting in and out of the car.

There are all leather holsters out there that stay open when the pistol is drawn, I have one for my Ruger and it works quite well. The ones, in my opinion, that you should stay away from are any that collapse when the pistol is drawn, of any material.

The retention of any open top molded leather or kydex holster is going to be about the same, also dependent on how tight you wear your belt. Some have retention screws that adjust how tightly the pistol is held in.

But any good holster should be able to handle everyday activities (in and out of the car, walking around, sitting standing, ect) with out the gun falling out. There are holsters that could be more suited for use while jogging or exercising, such as the belly band, or one of those spandex undershirt types.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I made a double t copy of a milt sparks summer special 2. If his is anything like my 2 then you can wear them for at least 14 hours and not realize the gun is there.

I carried a government and commander this way, I imagine that lil glock should be easy to carry as well :)

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    I've never 'ponied' up the money for a horsehide holster. What benefits do you get from it?
    It's denser leather, stronger, and stiffer. So it will be thinner for a given strength and not deform as easily. The other benefit that's really important for holsters is that it doesn't absorb moisture as well.

Whackmaster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    I carry my LC9 in a DeSanti's Intruder..very comfortable.It is always personal preferance how much more difficult it actually is to take on and off and I think that has to do with the style of retention clips used. i have the C style clip and also the J style clip and change them depending on the situation...GREAT HOLSTER!

deanald2pt0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    NW Indy
    If you haven't looked into the M-Tac by Comp-Tac you should. They are similar to the crossbreed but a little more refined, easier to put on/take off, and don't have a 6 to 8 week wait.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I found a Bianchi IWB holster in the Bargain Cave at Cabela's for $20...pre-molded and perfect fit. If I carry IWB that is the one I've used and it has been very comfortable. But 99% of the time I just use a Fobus

shavedforbattle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Evansville
    I'm looking for a holster for IWB concealed carry. I'm not too familiar with what's all on the market because this is my first holster. I've been told that with some of "supertuck style" holsters that it's harder to take on or off, but more comfortable and that the perk to having a holster with just one clip is that it's easier to take off and on, but also not as comfortable. So if this is the case...then I'd like the have one of each. I figured I could use the "supertuck style" holster for all day use and I'd like the one clip holster if I'm just running to the store or making a short trip then back home. I found a few, if you could tell me what you think about them or if you recommend a different one then please let me know. Any advice is much appreciated! I'd hate to buy one of each just to know which is best! Your opinion matters! The holster will conceal a Glock 26.

Short term carry (to the grocery store and back home)
    High Noon Public Secret seems to be the most expensive, but most comfortable and concealable.
    Don Hume Clip on IWB is the cheapest but seems bulky...
    Galco All Kydex looks like it'd be easy to conceal, but very uncomfortable.

Long term carry (carrying all day, not taking off)
    Crossbread supertuck this company seems to have a good name.
    DM Bullard Leather, duel carry looks very comfortable (maybe the most). but I don't know how comfortable I'd feel if I had to reach all the way around my back and out of sight.
    Thesis Holsters looks like crossbread
    White Hat Holsters maybe it's just me, seems a little thicker then crossbread.

Thanks for your help, Gulley

N82 Tactical makes the most comfortable IWB holster on the market! And they are very affordable. Check it out.

http://n82tactical.com/n82store/

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I will "third," "fourth," or whatever the MTAC from Comp-Tac. I prefer OC, but when I CC, I use this holster. It is real comfortable. My main EDC is an XD-45 Service, and I can wear it all day. Another thing you will want to consider is a good quality belt (I don't know if this has been discussed). A good belt is just as important as a good holster.

I am a little bummed, though. Apparently Comp-Tac changed their MTAC design, and I can no longer buy new bodies for different weapons since I have the "old" model.

Inside Waistband Holsters - Minotaur Holsters - products new home - Minotaur MTAC Holster

Comp-Tac makes different IWB holsters, but I only have experience with the MTAC.

JGulley317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Marion Co.
    For my first holster, I decided to try Milt Sparks Summer Special 2. I've come to the realization that a few of you are right. It'll just be trial and error. After a month of use I know what I like and don't like about it (hopefully not). If I want a cant, if I like the straps. I'll most likely buy another holster after a month of using this one. Most likely a "super tuck style" to see if I like it any better. I choose the Summer Special 2 because I wanted my first holster to be leather (hopefully the most comfortable). I wanted the clips for easy on and off. Though I like the straps knowing that by holster won't come with my gun (not sure if this happens with clips). I liked the kydex in the leather for easy re-holstering. Due to the waiting time from Milt Sparks (wait period at-least 20+ weeks). I choose to go with Brownells. It can be found here...

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=9922/avs|Manufacturer_1=MILT%20SPARKS%20HOLSTERS/Product/SEMI-AUTO-SUMMER-SPECIAL-2

Thanks everyone for your help, I'll post a review for others after a decent amount of use with this holster.

Thanks again, Gulley

1nthechmber

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    Ok the king tuk by Galco is nice,but the handle will dig in on your hip if your 4 oclockin...its nice in the small of the back though......but for real you need to check out this co.from NC call nate squared tactical
    index
    They have material that completely surrounds the gun,and its a single clip desighn too.

They also have a kydex type called the professional.......look for videos on you tube too...

The standard holster is $39...the pro is $69

I have a Galco king tuck for a Glock 22 for sale $50.....brand New...other flocks will fit it also....hondarider350@gmail.com n.w.side of Indy. If anyone is interested.....I have original packaging too.

justcallmedoc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Central Indiana
    I got a holster from Kusiak Leather in Florida.. Might want to check him out.. Nice leather workmanship, well priced compared, perfect fit.. Couldn't be happier with the purchase, price, and his work.. Nice guy to talk to as well..

GlockWielder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Galco Kingtuk FTW

Let me make this easy for you. Galco KingTuk. Just say yes, and thank me later. It is the best IWB holster I have ever had, and it is pretty easy to put on and get off. More comfortable than the Super Tuck. Just make sure you do like 100 draws the day you get it, because they come tight.

Just listen to this guy here! He has it figured out. What I would do if I were in your shoes is get a Kingtuk (I did and I absolutely love it). My only complaint is that sometimes in certain cars it is not comfortable to sit and drive because the gun digs into you but in most cars it's okay. The second holster I would get is a Desantis Sof-Tuk. It has only one clip and is easy to get on and off for those days when you just wanna throw it on and go. Once you get your Kingtuk formed to you and your belt, it is very easy to get on and off, however, I leave it on all day. I've owned more than one Kingtuk for different guns and they rock! They ship faster than Crossbreed, they are more affordable, and you get the combat cut :):wow:

JustinCase

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Greenwood
    N82 Tactical makes the most comfortable IWB holster on the market! And they are very affordable. Check it out.

http://n82tactical.com/n82store/

I just got a n82 professional for cc of my g27 and I love it. Quality material and workmanship and very comfortable. I also have a g19 so I got the g19 model and both guns fit nicely with good retention. I carry sob and really like how the backing encompasses the entire gun making it very comfortable even when sitting and no part of the gun contacts bare skin when my shirt is untucked. The clip on the professional is made so your shirt can be tucked in around it making it very versatile. Only had this about a week, but definitely feels like a "keeper".

Top Bottom