• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    Hpclayto and slow hand make excellent holster, some of the best I have ever had if we're talking kydex.
    Likewise I like to support small business for leather too....garrity gunleather, privateer leather, r grizzle leather, etc...they're are not much more expensive, they're better quality, and you helped a small time guy put food on his table.

I have no use for nylon or cloth holsters....no support, they're junk imho.

God bless
    - Shred

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Hybrid (Kydex & Leather). Galco, but just ordered a Crossbreed for a gun that Galco did not make a hybrid for.

Dkamm23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2015
    Osceola
    i have not personally used a kydex holster, doesn't the material feel rough on your skin? i use just a standard nalco with one clip for iwb

Dkamm23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2015
    Osceola
    i guess what I'm referring to is, is it like the king tuk or just full kydex? doesn't that feel uncomfortable against your body?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    i have a henry as well as a king tuk and i haven't even touched the king tuk other than once to try it out.

Galco King Tuk is a nice holster. What gun are you carrying? What position are you trying to carry in (i.e. 3 o'clock, 5 o'clock, etc)

What type of attire (casual, business) are you normally wearing while carrying? Are you trying for concealed, open, semi concealed? These things all make a difference.

Do you have a good belt?

Dkamm23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2015
    Osceola
    i am carrying a xdm 3.8 compact. I usually carry at 3 with my henry but 5 with the king tuk. i am normally in casual attire and carrying completely sealed. the belt is not the issue. I find that i use the henry more because its faster to put in or take out if i have to. so i guess its just more of a convenience thing

cctwcc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Bargersville
    I like the AlienGear holsters for the price and they are, for me a little more comfortable than all Kydex because the backing is pliable.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    I have been an old school leather guy for most of my CCW years.(30+, LEO, Private Security). DeSantis has been good to me, Galco and Safariland cost a little more.
    Have tried the newer style Kydex hip style, and the leather backed IWB seem like overkill to bigger slacks. Felt it was take it or leave it.

I won an auction Kydex full pancale style (OWB) in OD Green. Really nice work, fits my G21 perfect, carries well at 4:00 on my belt.(1.5 in BDU style w/ plastic slider buckle.) This may be a turning point as this was a no name manufactor and price was only $25. New! Others are in the$50-60 range.

I have seen camo versions and other décor styles, even Military insignias finished on the front. (USMC, US Army, US Navy, USAF) Sharp work, great BBQ carry.

You need to break habits sometimes. Lot of new ideas going around. Check the used holster box and get a steal sometimes.

Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I love a good leather holster. I've got a couple from Brandon at S&S holsters in Utah that are really nice. The holster in the picture is my iwb holster from S&S after I first received it. Also have a bunch of galco holsters that wear really well.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I find that i use the henry more because its faster to put in or take out if i have to. so i guess its just more of a convenience thing

I've started using a G-Code INCOG holster for IWB and really enjoy how it is easy in / out, plus feels very good to wear.

I stay away from hybrid and all leather because of the sweat absorption and such... I also have a soft / fluffy middle section and have had hybrids cause me issues during re-holstering.

Top Bottom