• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mpholic

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    I'm partial to leather, kydex is very uncomfortable to me. Most of my holsters come from Milt Sparks. I do own some High Noon holsters (the really thin ones)for my smaller pistols. I also have a Tucker Gun Leather holster. It has kydex belt clips.

derrickgoins

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I've got a Cry Havoc Gear for my Shield and a Henry Holsters hybrid for my full sized M&P. I am currently putting a Bravo Concealment ACER through the paces though to see if I'd like an all kydex holster for my fs M&P.

Tried the Cry Havoc Gear on a whim but it's a really nice holster and made local - company is out of Anderson, IN and the owner is really a nice guy to work with.

Andrew over at Henry Holsters gets awesome reviews all the time. Craftsmanship is top notch and he's an all around great guy to do business with.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I've got a Cry Havoc Gear for my Shield and a Henry Holsters hybrid for my full sized M&P. I am currently putting a Bravo Concealment ACER through the paces though to see if I'd like an all kydex holster for my fs M&P.

Tried the Cry Havoc Gear on a whim but it's a really nice holster and made local - company is out of Anderson, IN and the owner is really a nice guy to work with.

Andrew over at Henry Holsters gets awesome reviews all the time. Craftsmanship is top notch and he's an all around great guy to do business with.

Henry Holsters is no longer making hybrids, per my inquiry with them earlier in the year.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I use a PJ holster, all kydex for my XDS. I wouldn't do anything different. I have a Tucker Gun Leather for my Kimber UC2, its nice, however a bit thicker (obviously) and I havent carried it as much. Great quality though.

I've had my PJ holster with lots of wear over the last 3 years or so and I have zero complaints. For a smaller and lighter weight gun, all kydex is totally fine IMO. doesnt move at all on my hip (4-4:30). Only reason I went with leather for my 1911 was my 1911 was "pretty", and thought it would help the finish (probably not)... Leather just felt more fitting for a 1911 for some reason too.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Since nobody else has mentioned them, I use MTR Custom Leather for both IWB and OWB. Way better than any of my previous Desantis holsters, which I originally thought were pretty good. I've gotten some other leather products from MTR as well (slings, mag carriers, etc) and I have enjoyed them all.

Top Bottom