• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    Has anyone used the supertuck holster? Hoping to get a little feedback from what I've read it seems to be one of the best and affordable IWB holsters. I'll be carrying a xd-40 compact.

bigmedicine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood
    go with a quality holster and a good thick belt, you wont be sorry. in my experience

MTAC> SUPERTUCK .

You know, 45calibre just touched on what is perhaps THE most important thing when deciding to carry a gun on your hip. The belt is one of the least discussed and most often overlooked component. You can buy the fanciest IWB holster out there (and wait the 6 months to get it) and it is next to junk if you hang it on a crappy, limp belt. Spend the money on a good belt before you really do anything else.

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    You know, 45calibre just touched on what is perhaps THE most important thing when deciding to carry a gun on your hip. The belt is one of the least discussed and most often overlooked component. You can buy the fanciest IWB holster out there (and wait the 6 months to get it) and it is next to junk if you hang it on a crappy, limp belt. Spend the money on a good belt before you really do anything else.

Well what are some good belts out there for everyday where. I have some quality belts that I believe would be sufficent.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    i went with a crossbreed belt, it was like $60.

well worth the money, i carry full size guns and they just dissapear.

a good belt makes a night and day difference. when i used to carry with a cheap walmart belt the gun and holster would sag. a good thicker belt gives you more comfort and you wont notice the weight as much.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Well what are some good belts out there for everyday where. I have some quality belts that I believe would be sufficent.

Gun Belts by The Belt Man

The nice thing about these is that they aren't tactical ballistic nylon, don't have giant gold belt buckles, and aren't hand-tooled to match your boots and spurs*. In other words, you can wear them with a suit to the office.

*ok, SOME of them are... ;)

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    Gun Belts by The Belt Man

The nice thing about these is that they aren't tactical ballistic nylon, don't have giant gold belt buckles, and aren't hand-tooled to match your boots and spurs*. In other words, you can wear them with a suit to the office.

*ok, SOME of them are... ;)

I don't know how I can justify spending 80 dollars for a belt, but I'm not denying the fact that a good belt makes the holster even better. There has to be a more affordable option.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I have a Crossbreed holster for my S&W 40c and just got back from vacation where I wore it daily, except in the theme park. Spent the extra on the horsehide and did not get the cut out. Have a lot of material against me and it was fine, even in the Florida heat.

Have a thick generic belt that I used with it. Long term carry was just fine, but it is a compact firearm. My only problem was carrying the two spare mags. All I have for them is a Fobus and that was tougher to conceal. Going IWB with them as well would have required a pant size change.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I don't know how I can justify spending 80 dollars for a belt, but I'm not denying the fact that a good belt makes the holster even better. There has to be a more affordable option.

How much is your life worth?

Because a good belt might very well save it...in coordination with a GOOD holster and a GOOD carry weapon.

Don't spend $500+ on a carry weapon and then $15 each on the holster and belt.

I will admit, though, that wearing IWB doesn't necessitate a super-duper belt like OWB requires, but it sure helps.

-J-

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana

I am not posting to bash you, but wanted to point out the other side of the fence on this issue to you. Ever use laser sights? Like Crimson's with them on a rail or in the grip? What about a more affordable option, the one that screws to the trigger guard and uses a watch battery that when you lay it down it knocks it off target, or it wears out quick (from first hand experience). See, one option, the option others are pointing out about a belt, will help you save your life. Saving 50 bucks on a belt, well that will only help the bad guy cause when you need your gun, it'll hang up or be at home cause you got tired of it digging into you. It's kind of like buying a new car and putting used tires on it to save money. That is like wiping before you poop, just don't make sense!!
    Now me, I am the tooled belt guy with matching boots, spurs do come off when off of my horses. So it is a non issue with me, but have seen some of those dress belts others have to wear to work, it will be money well spent.

oldbikelvr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Bloomington, IN
    I bought my belt at Hoosier Workwear Outlet here in Bloomington. It is thick black leather made by amish. It is a solid belt over a year after I purchased it... It is still nice and stiff. It cost about 20 bucks.

Truckerman79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    McCordsville, IN

I couldn't justify it either, but I bought one anyway and have not regretted it one bit. It is a night and day difference and enables me to carry more comfortably which has also led me to carry pretty much all the time.

As far as an affordable IWB holster goes, you can't go wrong with a Kholster. They are normally $49 but are often on sale for $39.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008

Decent belts can be had for reasonable prices from Don Hume or Bianchi. Midway often has them for $30-$40.

A good belt is worth every penny, get as good a one as you can afford. Your back will thank you.

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    I am not posting to bash you, but wanted to point out the other side of the fence on this issue to you. Ever use laser sights? Like Crimson's with them on a rail or in the grip? What about a more affordable option, the one that screws to the trigger guard and uses a watch battery that when you lay it down it knocks it off target, or it wears out quick (from first hand experience). See, one option, the option others are pointing out about a belt, will help you save your life. Saving 50 bucks on a belt, well that will only help the bad guy cause when you need your gun, it'll hang up or be at home cause you got tired of it digging into you. It's kind of like buying a new car and putting used tires on it to save money. That is like wiping before you poop, just don't make sense!!
    Now me, I am the tooled belt guy with matching boots, spurs do come off when off of my horses. So it is a non issue with me, but have seen some of those dress belts others have to wear to work, it will be money well spent.

I never took it as a bash. I take everyones advice positive. I understand a good belt will make all the difference I'm just saying 80 dollars for a good belt as opposed to 40 for same quality belt that would provide the same support. If it comes down to it and I have to spend 80 on a belt then I will cause my life is worth every penny. I'm just asking for more affordable options.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I never took it as a bash. I take everyones advice positive. I understand a good belt will make all the difference I'm just saying 80 dollars for a good belt as opposed to 40 for same quality belt that would provide the same support. If it comes down to it and I have to spend 80 on a belt then I will cause my life is worth every penny. I'm just asking for more affordable options.

A $40 belt may be just as good at doing its job as an $80 belt, but I wouldn't necessarily say they're the same quality. That said, the others in this thread are right about there being cheaper alternatives out there. I've used The Belt Man belts, though, so I have no problem recommending them, even at the prices they charge. You should get the best belt that you can afford. It doesn't have to be an $80 belt.

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    Well could someone give me a list of good quality holster belts. I wouldn't mind spending between 40-80 dollars, but would like to save as much money as possible.

Top Bottom