• ...and so much more!
  • MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Well could someone give me a list of good quality holster belts. I wouldn't mind spending between 40-80 dollars, but would like to save as much money as possible.

Leather Casual Belt - 1.5" | Belts | 5.11 Tactical

I actually don't wear this belt all the time, only when I'm trying to be a little more dressy. I can highly recommend it(along with the BeltMan belts), and it fits more in line with your budget. If you try shopping online for it, you can usually find it for quite a bit cheaper. As far as how well it works? I had it on for most of the day yesterday carrying my P229 in a Raven OWB, a single mag holster, and my cell phone. all I was wearing was some shorts with a button down short sleeve shirt untucked. Between going to the movie and dinner with the kids, and going to the airport to pick up the GF last night, I don't know if anyone ever noticed. If someone did, nothing was ever said to me. IMHO as well as others mentioned here, a good belt will do wonders for carrying your gear the way it's meant to be carried. Not only will it keep your gear secure, it will also support your back with the additional weight that is being carried for 8-12 hours at a time.

derrickgoins

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    Well could someone give me a list of good quality holster belts. I wouldn't mind spending between 40-80 dollars, but would like to save as much money as possible.

In that range, Don Hume's already been mentioned and they make good stuff. Crossbreed also has a solid belt as does Blade-Tech if you want leather. If you want a tactical belt, Wilderness Tactical is the top end and can be had for less than $45ish I think.

Good Luck.

jojoa55

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Evansville
    I got my belt from Comp-tac. They are the same people that you can buy the MTAC IWB from. Their regular belts are $80 but they have some slightly blemished belts for $50. Same quality, just a blemish or messed up stitch maybe. here is the link if you are interested.
    Gun Belts & Apparel -

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I don't know how I can justify spending 80 dollars for a belt, but I'm not denying the fact that a good belt makes the holster even better. There has to be a more affordable option.

Spend more money on the belt than on the holster, you will be very glad you did. I've been carrying longer than you have been alive. A crappy belt will make your life miserable. A good carry belt will make your gun much more comfortable than can ever be described.

Serial Crusher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    I got a Blackhawk Natick certified climbing belt when I was 18, and I can count the days I haven't worn a belt on one hand since then. That belt is worn out now, and I got a Galco Reinforced Instructor Belt for a replacement. When I have to look civilized I have a Galco belt that's flat black with a removable buckle. With or without a holster, I always wear a quality belt :D

johnsmith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I use a super-tuck when I want to dress casually and carry my .45. My wife commented that she cannot see the firearm when I carry it with that holster. A good belt is important, but if you cinch the belt tight, most belts will work with the supertuck. I prefer my Mitch Rosen OTW and my Galco Shoulder Holser to the supertuck, but, I use them all. It really depends on what you're going to wear and/or where you are going to go.

Sgt Rock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Avon, IN
    You can buy a good, solid belt at the Indy 1500 for about $25. Comparable to a $50 belt at Jenkins. If you can afford a Crossbreed but not a good gunbelt to pair it with, you're just defeating the purpose, might as well OC, especially if you carry a big gun.

Last edited:

Sgt Rock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Avon, IN
    Gun Belts

I don't know how I can justify spending 80 dollars for a belt, but I'm not denying the fact that a good belt makes the holster even better. There has to be a more affordable option.

There IS a better option than the $80 belt. AT the 1500, look for the booth selling leather and and belts (usually at the back). I got a 1-1/4 " heavy belt for $20 on Sun last year.

Sgt Stoner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Fishers
    I just bought a Holster on Saturday at the Indy 1500....So far I Love it!!! seems to work great for both Concealed and open carry. Its from Holster Kings. I dont have a pic but there website is Holsterkings.com... Dont know if anyone else has em but they were selling like crazy at the show

Serial Crusher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    I have one that I occasionally run a Glock 27 in appendix carry with. It's just a hair too big for the pistol, so I either run it IWB, or OWB, but inside the belt to help retain the pistol. Fairly good holster for the price, I like that it's easy to get on and off, but isn't a paddle holster.

hzwj67

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    hendricks county
    I BOUGHT A BELT AND HOLSTER FROM LONE STAR, BOTH WERE BLACK HILLS. THE HOLSTER WAS CUSTOM FITTED FOR MY MODEL (IN THIS CASE A KIMBER) AND THE BELT IS A DOUBLE PLY AND I HAD THE HARDWARE MATCH THE HOLSTER. THE HOLSTER WAS AROUND $68 AND THE BELT WAS $64. NOT CHEAP, BUT NOT IN THE $80-100 RANGE. THEY ARE BOTH HIGH QUALITY AND VERY COMFORTABLE.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    For concealment I love my Comp Tac MTAC. Its extremely comfortable and there really isn't much of a print at all

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I look at it this way. I usually go through a belt a year. That was a $20 Kohls belt. I spent $80 on a Belt Man belt that will last waaaaay more then 4 years, the way it is built. And it will do a better job of supporting my EDC durring that time. P.S. I have a Milt Sparks VM2 which is very nice, but i picked up a used Comp-Tac MTAC and think that it is actually more comfortable than the VM2. (the VM2 is prettier, though:D)

Top Bottom