• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    For hunting them in the brush of Florida, what is anyone's opinion on using a Ruger Mini-30 with soft cored hollowpoints? I am talking wild hogs that generally run in the 250 pounds or less range. They still have tusks, but are not those monsters that resemble the scary looking Russian beasts. Is there any need to carry a backup like a Ruger Redhawk in .44 magnum? My son has taken two by hand with just a big knife and a dog. I am trying to talk him into something a little more sane so that he will be around for a long time to properly raise my grandson.

jeep911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    i just got a back a bit ago and i took my 270 and one of my buddies took a 300 win. i like the 270 due to the ballistics of the round. get a few ideas together of what rifles u wanna pick and look them up see the ballistics and choose from there. just be sure u get to Texas b4 it gets to hot. its hard to find pigs when its 110 degrees and there is no water

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Chraland, you'll be good to go with the Mini 30. You'll be fine with a .357 or a .44 backup too if you feel like it. My experience with Florida is close range stuff.

Mordred

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Watch out for Hogzilla 3 down there. Btw if you watch videos on youtube of people shooting hogs you'll see that smaller bullets don't work so well. Theres one video of some guy shooting a hog with an AR15...shoots the hog about 12 times and its still alive. Please don't do that. 30-30 or .44mag lever action will put it down straight away.

Top Bottom