• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • neeltburn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    I have tried it in my .308 bolt gun with ok results, accuracy was not that of Reloader 15 and I can not say I have used it enough to say it reduces or removed copper fouling, but for an AR load I would say it would be fine to a training load. I have been using BLC (2) for that purpose, not I do not remember the cost of the CFE 223 but the last BLC (2) I picked up was 27 buck with tax. It does meter well in a Redding Competition Power dump.

neeltburn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    I think it would be fine as a training load, not sure how you have your AR set up but I use Varget out of my Varmint AR, I use BLC (2) in my standard ARs. If your looking for accuracy I can only say it did not preform the best in my .308 ( Savage Model 10)

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    i went through a pound of it a month back or so. I actually decided its not the powder for me. It measures well, it was ok (just ok) in accuracy, and its on par in price with other rifle powders. But i was getting about 25-30 less rounds per pound than the accurate 2230 and noticed no difference at all in the accuracy. Also i like the 2230 powder grain much better as it is like REALLY REALLY small balls and they meter even better. Where as the CFE223 was a mix of different powder types with small balls and flakes and i could tell i was getting very slight inconsistency. If it was all i had to use then fine ill load with it. But the CFE223 seems harder to get and to me would be my second tier powder of choice

bswartz15

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2012
    Newburgh, Indiana
    I use CFE 223 for most of my AR15 loads. I run about 25 grains of powder with 55 grain Winchester FMJ. A friend of mine can consistently hit a coke can at 100 yards with iron sights. I can't see as well but can hit a baking (small) pumpkin size target at 100 yards iron sights. I'm not sure what kind of group it hits smaller than that, but it seems to work well for me. I also use Varget for my good loads. Those are mostly my V-Max rounds though.

Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    Bumping this up, any more experience out there? I've been using H335 in my AR plinking loads (55gr FMJ) and I'm about out of powder. Just wondering if this might be a good replacement?

Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Bumping this up, any more experience out there? I've been using H335 in my AR plinking loads (55gr FMJ) and I'm about out of powder. Just wondering if this might be a good replacement?

I use h335 and wc844. If you're looking to save $ on powder I bought 8lb jugs at profire arms for $85. Wc844 is suppose to = h335.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Haven't loaded any 223s with it yet, but I've tried it in my 308 and it's the most accurate powder I've found for it.

I kind of want to try Alliant's AR powder when I find it though

Stimp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Decatur, IN
    I just bought some CFE 223 and am working on some loads for it as of now.. I can post back later.. I'm starting at 26gr with 55gr boatail FMJ to see how she goes... I've always used Varget in the past with great results but figured I'd give this a try this time since it was a decent amount cheaper.. I figured it was worth a shot.

bhunter00

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    ive used it for a year now in my savage mod 25 223 and in two differant ar,s same accuracy as with varget .less than 3 inch groups out of ar,s at 200 yards

Top Bottom