Hmm well then apparently silencers are bad.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    " produced a series of would-be viral videos featuring this *******."

This right here killed all credibility of this writer. If you cannot refrain from name calling and curse words in an edited article than you need some more schooling

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    I could only read about half the article before i had to stop. The person writing the article clearly has no idea how easy it would be for someone to make a silencer. If someone was going on a killing rampage then i don't think breaking NFA laws will stop them if they choose to.

The "excuse" of silencers for better enjoyment of shooting is completely true. The sound of an AR is far more scary then the recoil and it turns people away even with ear pro. My son is a prefect example. He wanted to shoot my BCM ar15 he did and gladly went back to the 10/22 because he couldnt stand the sound. It gave me a headache standing behind him.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    The article is trash and is written to make anti nra types feel happy. I have a weekly discussion with one of my employees wherein he clearly states his opinion of the nra and I have to calmly remind him that the nra was created to oppose the existence of the Feinsteins of the world and every time he agrees with me. I feel I've done a great service by having these conversations with him, through them I've converted him from gun hater to, man I wish I could have one (he was committed to an institution when he was in high school and is not eligible 20 years later to own). He's also presented my knowledge to his spouse who is slowly realizing that what the D's say isn't so right. Anyway I read this and immediately thought of him and how he would have been energized by this article 4 months ago but now he would read it and think the author and complete nut case.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Ah yes, fear mongering at it's best. How often is a firearm with a legally acquired suppressor used in the commission of a crime I wonder?

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Wow! Reading that crap is scary. This country hasn't been so divided since about 1860.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I don't know how many people shot I've responded to as a uniformed officer or investigated as a detective, but its handily in the low triple digits. I've yet to run across a silencer being involved.

Couple buddies of mine have them, they definitely aren't hit men or whatever. I wouldn't mind having one, I'm just too tight fisted to come off the money for the stamp.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I don't know how many people shot I've responded to as a uniformed officer or investigated as a detective, but its handily in the low triple digits. I've yet to run across a silencer being involved.

Couple buddies of mine have them, they definitely aren't hit men or whatever. I wouldn't mind having one, I'm just too tight fisted to come off the money for the stamp.

Oh come on, $405 (stamp and sales tax included) total for a Huntertown Arms Guardian 22 isnt all THAT much money.

Llamaguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkadelphia, AR

Yes this! If they were as awesome as this article makes them out to be, every thug in Chicago would be mowing down school children with them. I couldn't even get past this "writer's" description of a suppressor before giving up. These people have watched too much James Bond.

Sausagecake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Wherever I can eat S
    " produced a series of would-be viral videos featuring this *******."

This right here killed all credibility of this writer. If you cannot refrain from name calling and curse words in an edited article than you need some more schooling

I believe the author lost all credibility when he or she claimed that assault rifles were used in the aurora and newtown shootings.

Cj52racers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Wow! Reading that crap is scary. This country hasn't been so divided since about 1860.

As an American history major, I hate statements such as this. Nostalgia has a huge effect on people's views of history. For instance, people seem most fond of the 1950's, yet in the past century, the 1950's were actually towards the bottom in many qualities of life. Fear of nuclear attack was rampant, people were imprisoned and black-listed for political views, we were in a foreign war in Korea, and civil rights equalities were poor at best. We were far more divided in the late 1960's and 70's than we are currently. National Guard troops firing on citizens, several domestic terrorist groups that were active (weather underground for one), as well as Watergate and other follies in the federal government. Sorry for the rant :)

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    From the story, it sounds like he has never shot a gun. Never fired a gun with a suppressor. In reality, they are not that quiet. Keep watching movies and reading, then check out reality. My :twocents:

1donos

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    As an American history major, I hate statements such as this. Nostalgia has a huge effect on people's views of history. For instance, people seem most fond of the 1950's, yet in the past century, the 1950's were actually towards the bottom in many qualities of life. Fear of nuclear attack was rampant, people were imprisoned and black-listed for political views, we were in a foreign war in Korea, and civil rights equalities were poor at best. We were far more divided in the late 1960's and 70's than we are currently. National Guard troops firing on citizens, several domestic terrorist groups that were active (weather underground for one), as well as Watergate and other follies in the federal government. Sorry for the rant :)

now bill ayers and the weather underground is directly connected to the white house. divided sounds more like overran??:dunno:

Cj52racers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    now bill ayers and the weather underground is directly connected to the white house. divided sounds more like overran??:dunno:

It still amazes me that he is not currently behind bars. How many Federal Buildings must one blow up to be in prison for life? Apparently more than they did. Luckily the only people they killed was themselves in the Greenwich Village bomb.

Timelinex

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    My friend that is for guns and goes shooting with me , intially don't understand why I would want a suppressor unless I'm a hit man... Unfortunately the voodoo sorrounding them has created this illusion...

GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Wow is all I have to say about this article... I own a suppressor and I haven't mowed down anybody with it. Who woulda thunk it?

Top Bottom