• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Worth it's weight in gold or an overpriced Glock? Many fans of HKs would consider this heresy but I ask in all seriousness. What does the extra $500 get you? Having shot both, HKs look more sleek, feel nicer in the hand, and certainly make your heart flutter at first. However, I can't say they shoot any better or provide the accuracy of a Sig Sauer or other steel frames or 1911's in it's price range. To be fair, I haven't tried the Experts or the HK45's but generally I haven't been sold on the necessity to pay double. What makes HK's deserve the cash? Thanks.

I think HKs are better than Glocks, or any other gun out there. This is likely because I shoot them well, and the only time I've had a problem was with an older USPc I had. It had one failure to fire in its lifespan, and the bullet fired on a second strike. I shot hundreds if not over a thousand rounds and that was the only function problem I had. I've had more with Glocks (22, 27, not sure about the 23). I did however have a rust problem. Didn't fire the gun from late fall through winter. Snow and rain had hit the gun on the back, but I didn't think anything of it. Towards the end of the winter, took it apart and there was a small spot of rust on the underside of the frame. It wiped off and there was no permanent damage. If I didn't have a work gun to carry, I would buy a USPc or P30 and carry that.

Also, there is no reason to pay even $700+ for an HK. At one time I owned two USPs and I was out $540 for both (that included S&H and my local FFL transfer fee). Plus, with one I got an extra mag and another two extras mags (seven total mags). Have since sold those, and they were easy sells because I don't care to make money, just break even. If one needs on right now, then you are going to pay, but if one is able to wait and keeps an eye on INGO or Gunbroker, you can eventually get a good deal on one.

As far as Sig, had a chance to shoot one about four years back. It had the DAK trigger. I really like it as well. Shot it very well. I think all three a great pistols. Just get the model and caliber that you shoot the best with and go that route.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    I think HKs are better than Glocks, or any other gun out there. This is likely because I shoot them well, and the only time I've had a problem was with an older USPc I had. It had one failure to fire in its lifespan, and the bullet fired on a second strike. I shot hundreds if not over a thousand rounds and that was the only function problem I had. I've had more with Glocks (22, 27, not sure about the 23). I did however have a rust problem. Didn't fire the gun from late fall through winter. Snow and rain had hit the gun on the back, but I didn't think anything of it. Towards the end of the winter, took it apart and there was a small spot of rust on the underside of the frame. It wiped off and there was no permanent damage. If I didn't have a work gun to carry, I would buy a USPc or P30 and carry that.

Also, there is no reason to pay even $700+ for an HK. At one time I owned two USPs and I was out $540 for both (that included S&H and my local FFL transfer fee). Plus, with one I got an extra mag and another two extras mags (seven total mags). Have since sold those, and they were easy sells because I don't care to make money, just break even. If one needs on right now, then you are going to pay, but if one is able to wait and keeps an eye on INGO or Gunbroker, you can eventually get a good deal on one.

As far as Sig, had a chance to shoot one about four years back. It had the DAK trigger. I really like it as well. Shot it very well. I think all three a great pistols. Just get the model and caliber that you shoot the best with and go that route.
    Great post! I agree. If you can find one used for a good price, that's when you jump. Not a moment before. As for Sigs, I think I'll go that route. A 220 Elite sounds pretty good.

chad504

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    I'm a Glock and H&K fan. I've owned both to me the Gock is the utilitarian pistol that just works no matter what. Th H&K to me is the same philosophy but adds beauty and finer tuning.

marrell1482

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    NWI
    I'd say it's definitely worth the money. I love my hk usp 45 and my glock 21. But the original sights on the hk blow the sights on the glock out of the water. (I know new sights aren't that much but still) and the trigger is much more smooth on the hk. Maybe it's just me but I smile when I hear the hk charge it sounds different haha :-P

elaw555

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    The premium price put on HK's and SIG's are unjustifiable in my opinion. Glock and the M&P are eating the lunch of those companies right now as far as what I see being sold or carried.

swampdonkey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Bloomington
    i use a HK MK 23 for carry, used this weapon on several deployments to iraq! after carrying it i will never use another pistol! one of the best pistols ever made!

swampdonkey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Bloomington
    The premium price put on HK's and SIG's are unjustifiable in my opinion. Glock and the M&P are eating the lunch of those companies right now as far as what I see being sold or carried.

i have to disagree here, HKs and sig make a solid weapon, match grade shooting every time. put a HK MK23 and a XD side by side and i promise the HK will eat its lunch in groupings!

its like saying i see a ton of honda civics on the road..... they must me whopping on FERRARI.......

truog1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Really and with what unit was that with? And I don't want to hear I can't say. Saying that you carried a MK23 in Iraq is hinting that you were Special Operations of some kind. And where exactly do you carry that hogleg? Its as big as a Damn Desert Eagle. If you are telling the truth I can verify it. If you think I can't try me

elaw555

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I never compared the XD to either a Glock, M&P, SIG, or HK. Your logic is faulty.

Nice use of the word whopping by the way. Is that the plural of "whop"?

Comparing HK/SIG and Glock/M&P is like comparing a BMW M3 and a Lamborghini Gallardo. You just paid an extra 200,000 dollars for a Lambo badge.

i have to disagree here, HKs and sig make a solid weapon, match grade shooting every time. put a HK MK23 and a XD side by side and i promise the HK will eat its lunch in groupings!

its like saying i see a ton of honda civics on the road..... they must me whopping on FERRARI.......

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    I own a hk uspc in 40 and love it. Just picked up a p2000sk in 9mm for a new carry. Got a good deal on it. It shoots great.

swampdonkey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Bloomington
    Really and with what unit was that with? And I don't want to hear I can't say. Saying that you carried a MK23 in Iraq is hinting that you were Special Operations of some kind. And where exactly do you carry that hogleg? Its as big as a Damn Desert Eagle. If you are telling the truth I can verify it. If you think I can't try me

yes you are correct, was under JSOC while deployed, as for how it was lugged around.... had to use a blackhawk omega elite drop leg rig. the one that has the extra room for light module. also has the open bottom on the rig so you can keep a can on there too. have plenty of pics if you would like to see!

MeatyBacchus

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    i use a HK MK 23 for carry, used this weapon on several deployments to iraq! after carrying it i will never use another pistol! one of the best pistols ever made!

Lol, both guys new this month :popcorn:

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    Here is a very short video for those of you who think HK's have crappy triggers with long reset's.

[ame]http://youtu.be/tBgk1H1UUEw[/ame]

dondavis3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    DFW area
    Believe me a Glock can not comape to a HK IMHO

My HK USP Compact 9mm

HKUSPCompact9mm2.jpg

Good soft shooting / reliable /high quality gun IMHO

:cool:

truog1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    yes you are correct, was under JSOC while deployed, as for how it was lugged around.... had to use a blackhawk omega elite drop leg rig. the one that has the extra room for light module. also has the open bottom on the rig so you can keep a can on there too. have plenty of pics if you would like to see!

JSOC really? I would like to see those pics. Because every JSOC person I know and have worked with had Glocks. Either in the 23 or 19. None of them rolled with that monstrosity. Also they never used Blackhawk anything. All used either a Raven Concealment belt holster on a Safariland. Most think blackhawk makes **** gear. Also most use a suppressed rifle more than pistols. But if you still think that you really were with JSOC lets see those pics. Just so you don't think I am full of crap here is me in IRAQ in 2007
    193_21443080243_9390_n.jpg

Top Bottom