• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • palerider0485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    just north of muncie.
    i like and agree with gpd177, in my mind a hk is no better then a sig or a glock, your comparing apples and oranges though, ive carryed them all, no one has said anything about springfield xd's yet, im a fan of the xd's, compared to an hk u get a gun just as good for less money, weather an hk is worth an extra 300 buck depends on what your wanting, i think there are many pistols just as accurate and just as dependable for less money, but im not saying hk's are over priced, think of a colt python ive seen them go for around 1600, and to be honest they shoot no better then a smith n wesson for half that, but i wouldnt say there overpriced, there rare,...

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    over priced isn't really the gun makers fault,

import taxes
    excise taxes
    distributor mark up
    dealer mark up
    shipping from importer to distributor, and distributor to store.

one more thing the government just does, seemingly to aggravate me.

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Shoot a Glock, H&K in the LEM, and a SIG in DA/SA and DAK to see which one you like the best. I personally think that H&K and SIGs are worth the extra coin.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    For those who can't afford a Sig or H&K, there is nothing wrong with a Glock. They are very solid and dependable. In the world of cars, you can buy a $70K sports car or a $22K Ford. They both will get you from point A to B. If your economic station requires that you go in the Ford, you still get there.

Sigs and H&K's come with both a real and perceived value that cannot be found in a Glock. Several who have posted here are likely in the group that couldn't afford one and, predictably, champion their Glock because that is what they can obtain. We do understand.

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    For those who can't afford a Sig or H&K, there is nothing wrong with a Glock. They are very solid and dependable. In the world of cars, you can buy a $70K sports car or a $22K Ford. They both will get you from point A to B. If your economic station requires that you go in the Ford, you still get there.

Sigs and H&K's come with both a real and perceived value that cannot be found in a Glock. Several who have posted here are likely in the group that couldn't afford one and, predictably, champion their Glock because that is what they can obtain. We do understand.

I can afford all 3 brands but I still choose Glock for the role it is intended....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010

And what about those who see it in Sig but not the HK? Money is money. I don't mind paying for a high quality piece, as long as I know I'm not spending stupidly. Sig Sauer, despite some people's reservation, is near the top of steel frame ingenuity, accuracy, and reliability. I'd trust my life to a Sig Sauer, and so do my friends.

HK has as much fanaticism and attachment to it's brand, but I can't really see an appreciative difference to warrant buying another Glock in one gun. Sigs? Sure and I advise folks to get them. HK? They appear marginally more accurate, tend to be pleasing to the eye and palm, are generally larger in size even in the smallest model, but they come off as conspicuous consumption not buying a better handgun.

Only the large frame range queens seem worth the money. As far as carry or home defense, I'm not sure I'd buy one. I still have more models to try, and the Expert is something that peaks my interest. But time will tell.

Bottom line. Just because one scoffs at cost, doesn't mean they can't afford it. Thanks.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN

I have or have owned several models of each. and each has their place I still desire a uspc to pair with my expert and an hk 45, I will have a sig P228 and a P226 x-5 someday, I'll probably have near 10 glocks when I am done. If I want something I'll find a way to afford it. pistols that are available around $750 are not signs of economic status, $3k sigs and $5k custom 1911's maybe, but not off the shelf, mass produced readily available pistols.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    I have or have owned several models of each. and each has their place I still desire a uspc to pair with my expert and an hk 45, I will have a sig P228 and a P226 x-5 someday, I'll probably have near 10 glocks when I am done. If I want something I'll find a way to afford it. pistols that are available around $750 are not signs of economic status, $3k sigs and $5k custom 1911's maybe, but not off the shelf, mass produced readily available pistols.
    Hear, hear.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    I can afford all 3 brands but I still choose Glock for the role it is intended....
    Just because something's expensive, doesn't mean it a slamdunk ccw. Application, appreciable traits, track record, and brand all mash together when I make my decision. Glock ends up in the trenches, while an HK though more "accurate" is not up to the abuse and occasional lapses that Glocks take in their sleep. The gun matches the shooter, and nowhere is this more important than ccw.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    I won't be afraid to carry a uspc or hk45, I did carry the P30L I had briefly, my biggest thing going forward with a carry hk will be to switch to an lem/match hybrid trigger. hate da/sa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    I won't be afraid to carry a uspc or hk45, I did carry the P30L I had briefly, my biggest thing going forward with a carry hk will be to switch to an lem/match hybrid trigger. hate da/sa
    Which do you hate more da/sa or the standard LEM trigger?

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    And what about those who see it in Sig but not the HK? Money is money. I don't mind paying for a high quality piece, as long as I know I'm not spending stupidly. Sig Sauer, despite some people's reservation, is near the top of steel frame ingenuity, accuracy, and reliability. I'd trust my life to a Sig Sauer, and so do my friends.

HK has as much fanaticism and attachment to it's brand, but I can't really see an appreciative difference to warrant buying another Glock in one gun. Sigs? Sure and I advise folks to get them. HK? They appear marginally more accurate, tend to be pleasing to the eye and palm, are generally larger in size even in the smallest model, but they come off as conspicuous consumption not buying a better handgun.

Only the large frame range queens seem worth the money. As far as carry or home defense, I'm not sure I'd buy one. I still have more models to try, and the Expert is something that peaks my interest. But time will tell.

Bottom line. Just because one scoffs at cost, doesn't mean they can't afford it. Thanks.

You see it how you see it.

HK's are serious combat guns and there is no other I would feel near as comfortable trusting my life with. Many people have reported that the HK45 is as accurate as mid level custom 1911's. And you would be hard pressed to get a majority to agree on sigs being a go to gun over an HK. And newer sigs are hit and miss about having issues.

You stated ''Glock has lost the mantle'' in another thread so I am a little miffed that you struggle thinking ''but I can't really see an appreciative difference to warrant buying another Glock in one gun'' over an HK.

Bottom line. For a non custom gun, quality, craftsmanship & materials, Hk is second to none!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    You see it how you see it.

HK's are serious combat guns and there is no other I would feel near as comfortable trusting my life with. Many people have reported that the HK45 is as accurate as mid level custom 1911's. And you would be hard pressed to get a majority to agree on sigs being a go to gun over an HK. And newer sigs are hit and miss about having issues.

You stated ''Glock has lost the mantle'' in another thread so I am a little miffed that you struggle thinking ''but I can't really see an appreciative difference to warrant buying another Glock in one gun'' over an HK.

Bottom line. For a non custom gun, quality, craftsmanship & materials, Hk is second to none!
    Glock has lost the mantle. The Gen 4's and current line of Gen 3's are less reliable and more cheap than their older brethren. As long as GB and gun shops exist, I hope to keep finding older Glocks that embody my opinion of Glock at it's zenith.

Modern Glocks still work, but they seem to be a lesser product than they once were. Hence why I said, "Glock has lost the mantle."

Still I would spend the weeks and cash to hunt down these Glocks from three years ago, rather than settle for a 2 for 1 alternative that I find unnecessary. Again, personal preference.

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    Just because something's expensive, doesn't mean it a slamdunk ccw. Application, appreciable traits, track record, and brand all mash together when I make my decision. Glock ends up in the trenches, while an HK though more "accurate" is not up to the abuse and occasional lapses that Glocks take in their sleep. The gun matches the shooter, and nowhere is this more important than ccw.

HK's are built like tanks and are more than up to taking extreme abuse! ( And I bet the SEAL Teams run them hard)

Glock has lost the mantle. The Gen 4's and current line of Gen 3's are less reliable and more cheap than their older brethren. As long as GB and gun shops exist, I hope to keep finding older Glocks that embody my opinion of Glock at it's zenith.

Modern Glocks still work, but they seem to be a lesser product than they once were. Hence why I said, "Glock has lost the mantle."

Still I would spend the weeks and cash to hunt down these Glocks from three years ago, rather than settle for a 2 for 1 alternative that I find unnecessary. Again, personal preference.

And that is your choice. For me I would rather pick up any HK and not have to ask when it was made.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    seals have run and broke everything, HK's sigs, 1911's, glocks, berattes and I'm sure in teh coming years they will break M&p's. I would bet if you ask them why they often grab an hk its because it shoots like a 1911, but works like a glock.

I can see them liking the polymer frame and capacity, as well as the reliability of a glock, but not want to give up the accuracy of the tuned 1911's they are use to. Go watch guys like LAV shoot, they aren't as fast as many competitive shooters, they tend to be very accurate, and very clear on target identification.

g3man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    I have both an HK USP 9 and a Glock 17. I LOVE both of these guns the Glock feels more natural in my hand but doesn't hit my paper like the HK. The HK isn't as comfortable to me but naturally draws better and for me personally is higher performance with the same effort. They both are high cap 9 mm hand guns and they both work flawlessly. So why is one twice the price of the other. To some that little bit of performance they gain is worth the extra. Last week I took a ride in a 2012 Ferrari 458 and we hit 160mph (on a track!!!) it was fun to say the least. I have also been that same speed in a mustang before ,it too was fun. My buddy could have bought a mustang and got off doing 160 but it was worth it to him to spend a lot more for the Ferrari. To some it's not. I like both guns for different reasons. As far as the Mustang and Ferrari go. I'll take the mustang and save hundreds of thousands of dollars difference and cheaper plates and oh yeah you can park the mustang in a parking lot without to many worries. Luckily my HK and Glock were only about $100 apart. I was going to buy an HK regardless of it being retail or not. It's not about one being better than the other at 2 different price points. It's like this. How much time do you have to put in at work for the Glock? HK? If you make six figures or more the choice is a lot easier than if you make $20k..............Just buy both and you will never have to worry about it again. Problem solved!!

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    You would be surprised at how many SEALs actually hate the HK Mark 23. I have had the pleasure of actually talking to a few while they are down at Crane NSW testing weapons and having fun:) The common gun that they revere and covet highly is the P226. As far as carry, I prefer my 228 or 229. I use to carry a P2Ksk but I really didn't like the LEM trigger and actually prefer SA/DA on HKs. As far as accuracy goes, nothing in my inventory(Kimbers, S&Ws, Sigs, CZs, Hi-Power, etc.) can rival the accuracy of my HK USP Tactical 45. Just my 2 pennies.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    I have both an HK USP 9 and a Glock 17. I LOVE both of these guns the Glock feels more natural in my hand but doesn't hit my paper like the HK. The HK isn't as comfortable to me but naturally draws better and for me personally is higher performance with the same effort. They both are high cap 9 mm hand guns and they both work flawlessly. So why is one twice the price of the other. To some that little bit of performance they gain is worth the extra. Last week I took a ride in a 2012 Ferrari 458 and we hit 160mph (on a track!!!) it was fun to say the least. I have also been that same speed in a mustang before ,it too was fun. My buddy could have bought a mustang and got off doing 160 but it was worth it to him to spend a lot more for the Ferrari. To some it's not. I like both guns for different reasons. As far as the Mustang and Ferrari go. I'll take the mustang and save hundreds of thousands of dollars difference and cheaper plates and oh yeah you can park the mustang in a parking lot without to many worries. Luckily my HK and Glock were only about $100 apart. I was going to buy an HK regardless of it being retail or not. It's not about one being better than the other at 2 different price points. It's like this. How much time do you have to put in at work for the Glock? HK? If you make six figures or more the choice is a lot easier than if you make $20k..............Just buy both and you will never have to worry about it again. Problem solved!!
    Deal! Which though? That's the problem.

Top Bottom