• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aceshighpc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2012
    Madison County
    I bought the .45 JHP about 4 months ago,not a hiccup so far (about 500 rds thru it) Not a single FTF/FTE.For sure not for EDC but great for the nightstand,would trust it absolutely for home defense.Paid $170.00 @ the Indy gun show NIB from a gun store out of Anderson.Get back to me if you'd like their info,have a card somewhere.

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    Looking for a cheap gun to keep in random places as a back up, what about a hipoint? I will have a trusty EDC on me, but just as a back up, what you guys think.

I'm looking at 9mm full size under $200, better options?
    Well i`m getting a Hi-point this weakend. I have better and bigger callibers, but with a little fixing, buffing polishing, the hi-point will do fine. Regardless of what everyone says.

Dobber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Granger (South Bend)
    Well i`m getting a Hi-point this weakend. I have better and bigger callibers, but with a little fixing, buffing polishing, the hi-point will do fine. Regardless of what everyone says.

A little care and some realistic expectations will set you up for easy ownership. Cheers to you for giving an unpopular brand a chance.

-Dobber

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Throw in an extra 50 bucks and get a tok. If its used as a backup you wont be shooting it nearly as much so ammo cost would be lower in that regard. Plus have you seen that round? 7.62x25 mmmmmm fun fun

jtdet01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    The HiPoint is reliable and it is a good choice for the price range. However, I would agree with others to spend a little more for a better brand.

pete-phil

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2013
    vincennes
    youtube has a video of a highpoint 9mm torture test they were going to prove how easy it was to jam or break it and couldn't, with the gun in a vise squeezing the slide and a peice of metal rod hammered down the barrel it still fired. this is aan amazing cheap gun and I now have one

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I'm sure hi-points will do the trick.... Ever consider cheap rifles or shotguns instead?

I bought a Savage Model 64 from Walmart for $150 out the door and while .22lr isn't the most destructive round, 10 of them with pinpoint accuracy should do the trick.

Besides, its a great range toy, critter killer and will work as a secondary Appleseed rifle! If I bought a hi-point pistol, I don't think I would every use it... but I shoot this model 64 all the time.

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    They are what they are ugly yet reliable which is what matters. The finish isnt that bad and a zombie:D doesnt know what your shooting at them. Just do a quick feedramp polish and tweak the mag lips and you are good to go.

Top Bottom