• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I went there not too long ago and I thought the store and range was nice. Not a great selection but no one really does. The range I thought was a little pricey.

Hoosier Daddy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 20, 2012
    :+1:
    I stopped in there yesterday. They didn't have anything I was looking for, (neither did most shops that I called) but I was still impressed.

The first thing that struck me was how wide open the store was. Lots of elbow room for everyone! The staff was friendly. Onsite range with a variety of rental guns. Hands-on availability for most of the long guns. A sizeable parking lot. Definitely note your average hole-in-the-wall gun shop.

I had to leave though because there was a tactical shotgun and some wicked looking AK 5.56 pistol thing that were really wanting to come home with me! :D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Great shop! The wife and I went in to check the place out and shoot two new guns we purchased at m&j since we live in fortville. Normally we go to pop guns to shoot but greenfield is the same drive so we thought what the heck. Very open floor plan that is well organized and bright. We checked in at the back counter for the range. Standard paper work filled out for liability reasons but noticed they don't want you to "rApid fire" and ask for 1 sec in between rounds. Not a big deal but we have a p22 and was firing a new 10 22 with 25 round mags for the first time and was looking forward to opening it up! That was the only dissapointing thing I can come up with during the whole experience. 11 bright and fresh lanes with plenty of counter space behind. The employees were very nice and even complimented my wife on her shirt as they walked by. Prices were better than in fortville as far as I could tell. We ate lunch afterward at penn station and the Wife was saying how much she wanted to go back. Thanks Highsmith for making it a great experience for both of us!

reesez

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chevyville
    I checked it out today and everyone was very friendly and helpful. Looked at a few guns at the rental counter. Then wife wants to rent the Ruger LC9 with the lasermax on it. she said it felt good and she wants to see how it shoots. If she likes it we will be buying it for her :).
    On the other hand they also had a Mossberg 500 bullpup, which i had never seen before. but had an 800 buck price tag. Yikes. The pump action felt a little sloppier than what im used to with my uncles Remmy and Browning. They had no black rifles though, and dont know when they can get one. However, went to walmart and occasionally they get one in and I have my name on a list with a guy I know that works there. So maybe i might get one for a decent price soon!

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I checked it out today and everyone was very friendly and helpful. Looked at a few guns at the rental counter. Then wife wants to rent the Ruger LC9 with the lasermax on it. she said it felt good and she wants to see how it shoots. If she likes it we will be buying it for her :).
    On the other hand they also had a Mossberg 500 bullpup, which i had never seen before. but had an 800 buck price tag. Yikes. The pump action felt a little sloppier than what im used to with my uncles Remmy and Browning. They had no black rifles though, and dont know when they can get one. However, went to walmart and occasionally they get one in and I have my name on a list with a guy I know that works there. So maybe i might get one for a decent price soon!

Did you notice if he had the used Ruger 77 in 30 06? He had it when I was there a month or so ago but the way things are now I'd be surprised if it was still there.

reesez

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chevyville
    Im pretty sure its still there. There was alot of guns in there surprisingly. But I seem to remember that caliber 77 there.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Im pretty sure its still there. There was alot of guns in there surprisingly. But I seem to remember that caliber 77 there.

It looked like a nice rifle and I like the older Ruger tang safety and flat bolt rifles. I might have to make a trip out there this weekend.

Boonl1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Indy
    My first trip there last weekend was a good experience. Friendly staff and reasonably priced merchandise.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    How's thier ammo supply? Never been there, but It's too far if i can get what I want.

Don't waste your time if your just trying to score ammo. They have a good selection but it's mainly for use in there range. Over all though it's a great shop. Every time I go in there I have been greeted with a warm welcome. There shop has a good flow and everyone on the staff talks to you not at you or down to you. If you want to look at a pistol they will hand it to you and usually kinda walk away for a minute to give a chance to look it over. They don't bird dog you or make you feel uneasy.

I think a lot of the other LGS could learn something from these guys. Even my wife commented yesterday when we were leaving on how nice and friendly they are.

reesez

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chevyville
    Don't waste your time if your just trying to score ammo. They have a good selection but it's mainly for use in there range. Over all though it's a great shop. Every time I go in there I have been greeted with a warm welcome. There shop has a good flow and everyone on the staff talks to you not at you or down to you. If you want to look at a pistol they will hand it to you and usually kinda walk away for a minute to give a chance to look it over. They don't bird dog you or make you feel uneasy.
    One exception, and I won't name who it is. He argued with me that 45 GAP was the same as 45 ACP and would fit in my G38. LOL. He gives me dirty looks and won't help me when I stop in there anymore lol.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I met another member there and shot my HP and an old 1911 I have one day last week. Guys were very friendly and range was nice, even though I don't like shooting inside that much. Poked around a bit and they had some nice guns in the cases. Bought a few mags for my 41 they had on a junk table. I wish it were closer to me. :yesway:

Top Bottom