• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Went in the store Saturday after drill and the place looks very nice, range looks good and well lit too. All they need to do now is beef up the inventory and merchandise to fit the store!

FFJakeT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Just to do an update for them, Highsmith's is open 7 days a week now? i can not recall hours off the top of my head though, sorry. But the new store is great.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Checked out the place today. Nice store, very friendly and helpful employees. Their prices seem to be competitive and even good on certain guns. They have a nice selection of various military rifles that are in good condition and reasonably priced. I really liked the store and was made to feel welcome.

I'll definitely go there again.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    What kind of military rifles? I went to his old shop a couple times and his prices seemed pretty fair and I saw a couple really good deals too.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    What kind of military rifles? I went to his old shop a couple times and his prices seemed pretty fair and I saw a couple really good deals too.

They had some sweet Enfields, an older & neater Mosin Nagant, a SKS, a Swiss rifle of some sort and some other ones I'm not as familiar with. They looked very clean and most had nice finishes on the wood. I appreciate well finished wood. Their rifles were some of the nicer ones I have seen.

I also liked how the rifles were out in the open so I could handle as many as I wanted without having to ask for help. So yes, I petted the wood on almost all of the older vintage rifles and enjoyed every minute of it. :D

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Lol.... She said she petted the wood. Sorry but I just had to and I know you have a sense of humor. ;) I want to stop out there next time I visit my brother or nephew. Thanks.... :yesway:

gklatv

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    By all the above reviews, it sounds to be a real nice shop.
    Need to make a trip there sometimes soon. They having an indoor range is a big bonus for a visit.:)

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Lol.... She said she petted the wood. Sorry but I just had to and I know you have a sense of humor. ;) I want to stop out there next time I visit my brother or nephew. Thanks.... :yesway:

Yes I do. The friend I was with made a comment about how much I like the military rifles and I mentioned that I liked how nice the wood was and that I liked touching it. I got some wood comments then too. Must be a man thing. :)

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Had a nice time Saturday at the range with Colt556 and got a chance to shoot some of his nice 1911's. He let me shoot a little .38 super commander that was spot on, very accurate, same with his 9X23 and a Sig .45, all in all a good day.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Yes I do. The friend I was with made a comment about how much I like the military rifles and I mentioned that I liked how nice the wood was and that I liked touching it. I got some wood comments then too. Must be a man thing. :)

I also had a good time, except when drillsgt shot my pistol better than I can. :( Nice shop and decent range. They were pretty busy too. :yesway:

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Going to bring this back to life..... Just talked to an "old" friend, and he said Highsmith, in Greenfield, has had two trucks deliver "goods", in the past couple of days..... Wonder what was in those trucks ?????

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Going to bring this back to life..... Just talked to an "old" friend, and he said Highsmith, in Greenfield, has had two trucks deliver "goods", in the past couple of days..... Wonder what was in those trucks ?????

Sounds like you need to take a road trip so you can tell us. It's a nice shop no matter what they might have received in those trucks. Please let us know what you find out.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    It looks like they did get some inventory in, they had some M&P's, XD's (compacts) and some glock compacts (30, 26 etc). No black rifles though.

Did you notice if he still had the Ruger 77 Carbine in 30 06? Hopefully I can sell something before it gets sold, if it hasn't already.

Top Bottom