• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    HIGH SCHOOL -- 1957 vs. 2013

Scenario 1:
    Jack goes quail hunting before school and then pulls into the school parking lot with his shotgun in his truck's gun rack..
    1957 - Vice Principal comes over, looks at Jack's shotgun, goes to his car and gets his shotgun to show Jack.
    2013 - School goes into lock down, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.

Scenario 2:
    Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.
    1957 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up buddies.
    2013 - Police called and SWAT team arrives -- they arrest both Johnny and Mark. They are both charged with assault and both expelled even though Johnny started it. They are also required to attend six weeks of anger management therapy.

Scenario 3:
    Jeffrey will not be still in class, he disrupts other students.
    1957 - Jeffrey sent to the Principal's office and given a good paddling by the Principal. He then returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.
    2013 - Jeffrey is given huge doses of Ritalin. He becomes a zombie. He is then tested for ADD. The family gets extra money (SSI) from the government because Jeffrey has a disability.

Scenario 4:
    Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt.
    1957 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college and becomes a successful businessman.
    2013 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse, Billy is removed to foster care and joins a gang. The state psychologist is told by Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes to prison.

Scenario 5:
    Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school.
    1957 - Mark shares his aspirin with the Principal out on the smoking dock.
    2013 - The police are called and Mark is expelled from school for drug violations. His car is then searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario 6:
    Pedro fails high school English.
    1957 - Pedro goes to summer school, passes English and goes to college.
    2013 - Pedro's cause is taken up by state. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against the state school system and Pedro's English teacher. English is then banned from core curriculum. Pedro is given his diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he cannot read & write English.

Scenario 7:
    Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from the Fourth of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle and blows up a red ant bed.
    1957 - Ants die.
    2013 - ATF, Homeland Security and the FBI are all called. Johnny is charged with domestic terrorism. The FBI investigates his parents - and all siblings are removed from their home and all computers are confiscated.

Scenario 8:
    Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. Mary hugs him to comfort him.
    1957 - In a short time, Johnny feels better and goes on playing.
    2013 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in State Prison. Johnny undergoes 5 years of therapy.

This should hit every e-mail inbox to show how stupid we have become ! ! !

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    Yup! That's the way things are now. I remember seeing students driving a pickup to school with a gun rack in the back window with three guns in it.

My, my, how the times have changed. And not necessarily for the better, either.

beehunter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2013
    I used to keep a shotgun in my truck so I could hunt after school. This was in 1984 to 1986, it never even crossed my mind to use those weapons for anything other than hunting.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Yup! That's the way things are now. I remember seeing students driving a pickup to school with a gun rack in the back window with three guns in it.

My, my, how the times have changed. And not necessarily for the better, either.

that was me in the early 80's.....i would take my guns in to shop class to work in a stock.......in HVAC class you where deducted points if you didn't have your pocket knife....times have change...WOW!!!!!

:patriot:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Wow so close to the truth from what I've seen in the news. I'm so glad I had the school experiences I did and the fights ect. Like the OP said most fights ended in a handshake and the two of us being friends. Kids need to blow off steam and use fists to solve it. It's part if their learning process. Yes there's limits to everything and sure they can't do it without some sort of light punishment.

I also remember people driving to school with guns in the back window of their trucks. Kids using chew, having pocket knives in class, smoking in the parking lot, buying weed off the shop teacher, and many more things that today they would tear the school down for and send Matt Lauer to interview everyone.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Dad recounts putting his .410 in his locker so his buddies and him could go rabbit hunting after school. He also remembers making a cleaver in metal working class.

We didn't even get to use power tools in woodshop. Seriously, we used glue and popsicle sticks in an eighth grade woodshop class. This was a few years ago so I doubt it's gotten any better.

LeadPharmer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2013
    Toledo, OH
    I graduated High School in 2000 and while it wasn't quite the lockdown, search and seizure prison that it is now it was definitely on the way to it.

I think this is why kids go batcrap crazy in college, they've never had freedom before and to get so much, so quickly, they have no idea how to deal with it responsibly.

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    Almost all of the boys carried pocket knives, some quite large. If you got a headache you went to the nurse and they gave you an aspirin. One of my teachers would come to our farm to go plinking. Our school bus driver lived on the next farm and would hunt in our woods also during deer season. We built a ballista (giant crossbow) and entered it into the annual catapult contest.
    There were four projects, depending on how far you went with shop class:
    1. A salad fork and spoon made with wood veneer
    2. A wooden lazy susan
    3. An all metal standard screwdriver
    4. A Crossbow

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Yep, no air conditioning. Gravel roads, and we rode the bus or walked to school. And I do remember many pick ups with long guns in the back window.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    I graduated in '93 and often took my .410 or .22 to school to go hunt after school or we even had a bring your favorite gun to class day in shop where our shop teacher brought in 4 or 5 guns and we all checked out what everyone had and talked about hunting and gun safety. Now like the post says the damn SWAT team would be called in...hell kids these days are getting arrested or kicked out of school for chewing their Pop Tarts in the shape of a gun or for wearing a NRA shirt to school. You don't even have to bring a gun to school for everyone to freak out now...I'm glad my daughter has already graduated and my son only has two more years of HS left. I feel for my grand kids!

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Unfortunately, though we have multiple generations on this forum it is our groups that have changed it from what it was to what it is today. I am embarrassed that my peers have helped turn society into such the pansies it has become today.

Between the wussification of society and the idea that every child is special and deserves a medal for just showing up to an event, we're killing society as we know it.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    Unfortunately, though we have multiple generations on this forum it is our groups that have changed it from what it was to what it is today. I am embarrassed that my peers have helped turn society into such the pansies it has become today.

Between the wussification of society and the idea that every child is special and deserves a medal for just showing up to an event, we're killing society as we know it.

:thumbsup: you got it!

tetsujin79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    NWI
    hell kids these days are getting arrested or kicked out of school for chewing their Pop Tarts in the shape of a gun or for wearing a NRA shirt to school. You don't even have to bring a gun to school for everyone to freak out now...

My son went to the Buckley WWII Re-Enactment last year and picked up some blank cases, so he brought them in for show-and-tell.

I had an interesting conversation with the teacher, mainly because I was concerned that someone's parent might freak out. The teacher didn't seem to care, but understood what I was worried about. The school is private & Christian, so I'm guessing that might have to do with the laid back attitude??? :dunno:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Scenerio: Hopes and dreams for their young children.
    1957: Mom dreams of what her son will make of his life, e.g. becoming a doctor, engineer, successful businessman, maybe follow in the dad's footsteps.

2013: Mom dreams of her young son's sexual identity and prays it will be a homosexual.

Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi wants gay son

Top Bottom