• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I went to mine. I hadnt see a lot of the people since graduation. I had an absolute blast. It brought back a lot of memories and made me wish I would have kept in contact with some more of them. Id think about it before totally blowing it off.

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    I went to my 10 yr reunion a lot of years ago, never went to another and don't expect to. Reunions are usually arranged by the rah-rah, glee club types and leave a lot to be desired as far as fun and/or entertainment. We had assigned seating; a crummy DJ; cash bar; and lame a$$, rubber chicken type buffet. We had one of the biggest dorks in our class at our table asking everybody that silly question, "If you knew then what you know now, what would you have done differently?" My best friend (and attorney) looked him straight in the eye and said, "I'd have done more drugs and gotten laid more often!" At least that shut him up for a while.

Sarrsipius

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    North side of Indy
    I went to my 10 and my 20 and was disapointed with both. It was nice to see some people I hadn't seen since high school but basically it's like being put in a room with a bunch of people you don't have much in common with. The reason you haven't seen them in 20 years is probably because you weren't that close in the first place.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I started planning to skip my 10th reunion before I even graduated. High school sucked a**.

I was forced by some very powerful people to attend the 20th. I was surprised that I had fun. Interesting things happened.

I attended 25 of my own volition. It was more sedate and worth the couple of hours.

Undecided on a 30th. I have a friend who lives in Georgia who always attends and it would be worth it to just see him.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    We had assigned seating; a crummy DJ; cash bar; and lame a$$, rubber chicken type buffet.

Any event would suck under those circumstances. Assigned seating just makes me LOL. Whoever was in charge of that party was still in high school.

miguel's sister

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Red dot in a blue state
    I went it was a while ago... :rolleyes: It wasn't a long enough time between graduation and the event, everyone was still kind of the same. It was ok I guess.

What was really interesting was we just had a 35th...some people still look the same but some people really had changed dramatically. And this one was pretty fun.

We're having an elementary school reunion in August. :laugh:

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Class of '67.

I went to the 10th and the 30th skipped the others as I was living out of State. 50 coming up in a few years and I might go to that one just to see who is still alive! :D

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I went to mine. It's kind of fun to see all the girls carrying an additional 30% weight. It's nice to catch up with the people who you don't see all the time.

Hanen42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Ossian
    I skipped my 5 year. Probably will skip my 10 year as well. I already see all the people I care to see now anyways.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    My 10 year renunion was a couple years ago, skipped it. Never planned on attending. I talk to 3 or 4 people that I graduated with and that's about it. Doubt I will ever attend one.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I went to my 30th. I don't really know why. I saw some folks that I knew, but really didn't feel any connection. I didn't really socialize much in high school. I was too busy working after school and on weekends. I was also active in bands. My class was huge, like 600. If you are a very social person and partied a lot, you'll probably enjoy your reunion.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    High school sucked, I hated it, and have no desire to see that group of most likely failures. There were a few I liked, and I still talk to them, but most of my friends went to another school (my parents own a skating rink in a different town, so I "grew up" with that group)...

So will I go to a class reunion? No. I talked to one girl from my class, and I guess the idiot class president gave our "senior dues" to the school.... So no, Im not going, no one can make me, and if whoever organizes the event doesnt find my address (even though I live 2 blocks from the high school) I would be happy.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    We didn't have a 5 year, I went to my 10 and 15 is this year. The 10 was alright. Me and a couple others left the loud band room and stood outside drinking and smoking (legal stuff) the whole time. Of course one guy shows up that hasn't eaten anything and starts slammin' the beers. Needless to say a couple others had to take him home. If I recall, they had to tackle him and take his keys. That was about the only excitement. If we have a 15 I'm undecided.

Top Bottom