• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Reunion? That's what's facebook's for (and I don't even facebook). As others have indicated, I didn't like them then, so why would I like them now.
    And what's this about going back to a high school class like it's your Mecca anyway?!
    Don't go ... you'll regret it.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Went to my 10 year reunion and it sucked. Was activated and deployed during my 20 year reunion. Never got an invite to my 30th. Was so glad to leave the peoples republic of Ohio.

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    Went to my 20 yr, the same people hung around each other as they did in high school.

Wont go back to the 25 yr, waste of time.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Facebook didn't exist at the time of my 10th or 20th. I think it might have been a fledgling entity during my 25th, but locally only high school kids were on it.

Facebook is far more evil than high school reunions. I won't rule out attending another reunion, but I'm not joining Facebook.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Nope

Never been to a class reunion. I did go back and play in an alumni baseball game in 1988, 24 years after I graduated. They used to have them every 2 years but they died out. They've been revived and they're having one this year. I'd go but I'll be on a golf trip. Seeing guys I played baseball with 50 years ago would be OK. Class reunion? No thanks.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I have no reason to go to mine this yearf either. I wouldn't have been invited had I not found it on facebook. Seems like the jerks still want to act elitist though they amounted to nothing.

Most of the people want to get drunk and sing karaoke. Sounds like a typical Thursday in Htown. I will stay home or head to the range. No need to feed the high school drama llama. There's one guy I owe a firm punch in the jaw as well. O well. :-)

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    I went to the 5 and the 20, 35 is coming up next year, might go just for the heck of it. I do keep up with several in my class on Facebook. ( it seems an unusual amount ended up in Texas) I did enjoy the 5 year. Only my closest friends even recognized me. I was 5'10" and 155 pounds my senior year. The summer after graduation, I shot up to 6'3"/220. It was funny to mess with a couple of the guys that were no longer bigger than me. And to see how many of the stuck up , hot chicks, had turned into overweight trailer park queens. Other than that, it was just another excuse to drink beer from a keg.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Facebook didn't exist at the time of my 10th or 20th. I think it might have been a fledgling entity during my 25th, but locally only high school kids were on it.

Facebook is far more evil than high school reunions. I won't rule out attending another reunion, but I'm not joining Facebook.

Something is only evil in your life as you let it be.
    I have FB and don't put up with the BS. I block posts and people I have no use for.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    I didn't go to my 10 year, and that was last year. With FB, and the fact I didn't care for most of my classmates, I didn't feel the need to. I was also a jock (4 yrs soccer, 2 yrs track, 3 yrs dance team) and in a few clubs, so it wasn't that I was completely anti-social.
    Most of my friends were older & from different towns. The people I went to school with & was friends with I've kept in touch with on my own. I haven't decided if I will go to the 20th yet. Got a little while, anyways.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I have FB and don't put up with the BS. I block posts and people I have no use for.

Except that everything you put on there, where it's public or private, gets scanned by Facebooks bots, the information is compiled, and gets sold for marketing research and whatever else they want to do with it.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Except that everything you put on there, where it's public or private, gets scanned by Facebooks bots, the information is compiled, and gets sold for marketing research and whatever else they want to do with it.

So having that info makes me buy the product offered?

LOL Only for the gulliable.

I buy nothing because of an email or internet ad. If someone else wants to , so what. It is their choice!

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    FB isn't all evil

It amazes me how many people bash FB. FB isn't the enemy. You don't have to do the regular status updates a lot of people do. I only share what I feel like sharing. I only like pages I am interested in receiving feeds from. Every interaction I have on FB is at my discretion. Asses get un-friended. Idiots get ignored. I accept friend requests only from people I like. It's really very simple & easy to exist on FB. There's only drama there if you allow it to happen.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    That is assuming that the information you put on there hasn't been calculated to skew the marketing research results...

It still gets used! It just won't help them much. Heh.

My facebook aversion has little to do with the way they make their money. My objection that regard is that I think they should be more forthright with what they're really doing. It doesn't affect me because I'm not on there. When google does the same thing, it does affect because I use google.

A real problem is that it's a time sink I don't want and and it's a time sink for a lot people I know who don't have the time to waste that way. It wouldn't be as much of an issue if I could go through a day without half a dozen people telling me I need to get on facebook and why. Or if I didn't have to listen to people talking about their imaginary facebook farms or who said what about whom. If I could ignore facebook, I would ignore facebook.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'm not sure how this FB hijack got rolling, but you guys have to remember. IT'S FREE! If they use your search history to present and market ads on the side of your screen that businesses are willing to pay for to help cover the costs of all the IT work FB has to do to make it work then I'm ok with that. I've never bought anything I've seen advertised on the side of FB but if those ads cover the costs of doing business and get to keep in touch wtih scattered friends and family for free then I'm ok with that.

If any of you are that much against FB you should probably get off this forum too. Anything you put on here is likely recorded and monitored too, but so what. If Uncle Sam has the money to pay some nerd to read all the internet BS that goes on out there then so be it.

Top Bottom