• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I have the .45. It goes bang every time I pull the trigger. I hear a lot about Hi points being ugly, to which I say so what! If a bad guy ever has to look into the business end of it, I don't care if it is the ugliest thing he has ever seen!

Hi Points are not for everyone. Having said that, if you own a Hi Point pistol and $150 used shot gun you are more heavily armed than anyone who just owns ANY $500 pistol.

BulkAmmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2010
    There is nothing wrong with the Hi Points. If you are only able to afford them they will do what's intended of them. They are surprising accurate, if you are able to control the very rough trigger. The ergo's are not the best, but it's a solid cost v performance. If you can save for a bit you would be better served with a used 3rd gen S&W, they are normally police trade ins and can be found for about $50 more than a Hi Point.

Not the firearm I would choose but you can use it effectively.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I have a Hi-point .40. For the moeny it cant be beat. Only prob ive had with it is cheap ammo, but when i use the good stuff in no problems of any kind! Its currently my only handgun so i would probably carry it when I get my permit ( its better than a stick) but I am in the process of saving for an upscale .45acp. But as a stater or if its what you can afford, They get my vote all day long!

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    I've had a C9 for over a year and recently picked up a CF380. The triggers get better with use and both guns are utterly reliable so far as function. I can hit as well with my C9 as I can my FNP. These run in the $125-140 range (NIB)where I am. Now if I could find decent used 3rd gen S&Ws for $175-$200..... I'd jump on them.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Seen countless of them at our range: The Pistols are Meh. Some will claim high round counts with no issues. Every one I have seen malfunctioned one way or another. I know some will depend on theirs when the time comes, I would not. Granted, some folks that owned them with issues probably didn't clean them, bought ammo with the gun at the store, then showed up on our doorstep to shoot same day. But a few returning customers had nothing but issues. Change ammo, issues. Change mags, issues. Clean gun, nothing after 20 rounds, then issues. People can defend them and I respect that, but nothing will change my perception of these cheap guns.

The Carbines on the other hand! WOWZA! Fed everything thrown at them, including weird hollow points. I have seen ONE malfunction from a HP carbine and it was due to +P+ being fired through it. Out of all of them out there, THAT was it! :D The Carbines rule school. :yesway:

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Seen countless of them at our range: The Pistols are Meh. Some will claim high round counts with no issues. Every one I have seen malfunctioned one way or another. I know some will depend on theirs when the time comes, I would not. Granted, some folks that owned them with issues probably didn't clean them, bought ammo with the gun at the store, then showed up on our doorstep to shoot same day. But a few returning customers had nothing but issues. Change ammo, issues. Change mags, issues. Clean gun, nothing after 20 rounds, then issues. People can defend them and I respect that, but nothing will change my perception of these cheap guns.

Never buy a weapon you don't have a good opinion of. :yesway:

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    First gun I ever bought was a hi point 9mm.
    I can honestly say that it never misfired at all........
    I owned it a week never fired it and sold it to pay a bill. :(

Armed Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I bought a .40 Cal and I had issues with it, A lot of FTE's could not fire a 10 round mag without atleast 3 FTE. Used a Dremel and buzzed down the lips on the mags a little, no issues at all after that. BANG!BANG!BANG! everytime I'd pull the trigger. Then I bought a 995TS 9MM carbine, dressed it up with all the options, front grip, muzzle flash, decent scope, bought extra mags, even bought several of the aftermarket 15 round mags. Took it to Atterbury, no issues, in fact a lot of other shooters asked about it and complimented me on it's performance. I let a few of them shoot it, they liked it. I enrolled in Hi-Points warranty registration program, and three days later received 4 mags in the mail, FREE!!! Had no idea they were even coming.

grassman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    N CENTRAL IN
    I have two c9s a 40 and two 9mm carbines. like shooting them all i have had no problems with them. Can't beat the price. they are butt ugly through.

clhettinger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Lafayette
    :twocents:I will be buying the 995 carbine for some fun time. I've heard nothing but good things about them (except the ugly factor and older 15 round magazine issues). The local dealer said the same about the carbines, but said he wouldn't want to carry a handgun.

Top Bottom