• halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    '95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 199K
    '97 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 216K
    Neither one of these use a drop of oil and solid drive trains in them.
    Sold my '95 Nissan PU at 246K late last year rust ate it up.
    "89 Toyota Van 360K+ and still running great. Gave it to a friend and she drives it from Knightstown to Indy daily.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I need a seal for where the oil pump meets the block. But it requires more disassembly than I wish to do right now so I drip a little oil(not enough to leave marks) and not enough to fill up between changes.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Zounds, I have a 94 thunderchicken with about 70K, and just retired an 84 with <80K. 10 Mustang has about 17K but it had nearly 9K when I bought it. I guess I don't drive much.

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Something definitely failed but I'm not convinced it was the thread.

You and this thread have failed miserably. This has been tried before right here on INGO https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/133415-semi_driver_mangles_school_buses.html :noway::noway:

serpicostraight is an ass and should be banned, he brings nothing of value to this site. NOTHING. That's what you should have made this thread about, not his chosen profession.

I know his kind, he is the guy in the back of the truck stop looking for lot lizards EVERY NIGHT. He's the guy who tries to back into the easiest spot 20 times before giving up and parking next the scales. Then he goes into the truck stop and brags about how good of a driver he is. He probably works for Swift or Schneider because nobody else will hire him. I'm even willing to bet his wife left him for another woman. Probably a woman cop. That would explain a lot now wouldn't it?

Now Phylodog, I'm not sure if you've ever read any of my posts or not. I have spent time defending cops when they were right and bashing the ones who were wrong. Here is the last cop thread I have posted in https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...cussion/200464-another_punk_with_a_badge.html I see you even posted in there. As far as I know only 1 truck driver was bashing cops there and 1 truck driver was defending cops. When will you look into the professions of everyone else and bash them?:popcorn:

Now Phylodog is on the same worthless list as serpicostraight.

Interestingly enough I logged in a week ago to look into become an advertiser on this site and came across this thread first. I'm glad I did, I wouldn't want to spend my money not only supporting this site but advertising on it also. Sucks for INGO that those 2 morons are making this site lose money now.

Now for everyone wanting to see a shooter. Here's your chance, ban me PLEASE so I wont even be tempted to come back. I can start spewing off 4 letter words if you need me to. One way or another you will have to ban me and while your at it ban my IP I will get my gun news from somewhere else.

Last edited:

bman1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Huntington, Indiana
    I go to Walmart and get the little blue bottles of 2cycle oil. It's not much money. Maybe $2 or so. Bottles are about the size of the iPhone or so.

It needs to be ashelss oil and use it 1oz. for every gallon. You can pm me if interested and I can tell you where to go to get this information . I traded my super duty but I used the wally world 2 cycle oil in it and it seemed to quiet down the injectors.
    If you have a newer diesel with the exhaust filters in it you should not use this.

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    It needs to be ashelss oil and use it 1oz. for every gallon. You can pm me if interested and I can tell you where to go to get this information . I traded my super duty but I used the wally world 2 cycle oil in it and it seemed to quiet down the injectors.
    If you have a newer diesel with the exhaust filters in it you should not use this.

If it still have the exhaust filter. My 06 has no emissions on it. My 04 will follow soon. The ulsd needs something to help lube the injectors. The newer trucks are probably going to require a rebuild sooner IMO because if all the emissions requirements. I've heard of new big trucks needing rebuilt in 200k.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I work at an autoparts store and it's faintly amusing to me how many people come in for what item on their cars.

I know a lot of it has to do with the law of averages, and that there ARE more American made cars out there than "foreign", but by and large I sell more parts for domestic vehicles than I do for any others. Usually its small things like suspension parts, but a lot of the time its mass air flow sensors, EGR valves and other electronic components.

By the way - its alternator season right now too. I have tested so many bloody Ford alternators you wouldn't believe it - most of them are bad, too. One guy was so mad at his Ford F250 (2009 model year) that he told me and everyone else in the store not to buy one under any circumstances. :D

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    I work at an autoparts store and it's faintly amusing to me how many people come in for what item on their cars.

I know a lot of it has to do with the law of averages, and that there ARE more American made cars out there than "foreign", but by and large I sell more parts for domestic vehicles than I do for any others. Usually its small things like suspension parts, but a lot of the time its mass air flow sensors, EGR valves and other electronic components.

By the way - its alternator season right now too. I have tested so many bloody Ford alternators you wouldn't believe it - most of them are bad, too. One guy was so mad at his Ford F250 (2009 model year) that he told me and everyone else in the store not to buy one under any circumstances. :D

could just be alot of people like me who just scrap the foreign cars :abused:

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    could just be alot of people like me who just scrap the foreign cars :abused:

LOL.

Noooo.

My Toyo is doing alright for 175. Probably needs a rebuild tbh but I will just scrap it and buy another for what I paid for this one.

Although I love my little(big) car since it was my first real car.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    i had a dodge intrepid i left in montana because i didnt have a way to get it to indiana. it had something like 199,996 miles on it. i wanted to see it turn over but the stupid fuel pump went out on me right as i was loading up. great car, besides the usual small stuff no problems.... i'm ashamed to admit i hadnt even changed the oil in about 80K miles just kept adding it in

jake

Longhair

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    '87 Volvo 740: 257,xxx miles.

94 940 Volvo Wagon 261.xxx miles.

094.jpg

cjcinin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    1998 Ford Explorer. 232000 miles with no drive train related issues. Really only regular maintenace.

VaGriller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    Avon
    We just sold our 99 Voyager with 239,600 miles. In the 4 years we owned the Voyager I only had to put a starter and radiator in it. We couldn't have asked for a better car. We paid 2K for it, drove it for 4 years, put 40K on it, about $250 in parts and sold it for $1400. Liability insurance only added $15/month to our policy. It certainly paid for itself.

Top Bottom