• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    one thing that worries me about having a regitered machine gun is the fact that you know we will be on the confiscation list first if they try and take our guns away. by being legal weve done all the leg work for them

:): Worried? The fearless Ranger worried? To quote a class 03 SOT answering a new guy who wanted to buy a MG but was worried about getting on "the list":
    "Don't get one unless you have the guts to use it if they try to take it from you."

Last edited:

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    last thing i want too. i as a tax payer want a microscope so far up their departmental budget, they dont squander any of it like some do now!

I'm not talking about fiscal responsibility. I want that too. I'm talking about the local goverment being dependent on the State and the Feds for how much of their own citizens' tax money they get to use.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    :): Worried? The fearless Ranger worried? To quote a type 03 SOT answering a new guy who wanted to buy a MG but was worried about getting on "the list":
    "Don't get one unless you have the guts to use it if they try to take it from you."

young padawan learner, i already have one registered MG, i was just stating the obvious realy. Also, you dont need to preach to this Ranger about guts, i have the scars to prove i have guts. but i learned in the Rangers to ALWAYS use my brain too!!! did i say i would give anybody anything? if someone came to get guns they wouldnt be happy with what they left with, ill just say that! and no its not a jehovahs witness magazine!

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    young padawan learner, i already have one registered MG, i was just stating the obvious realy. Also, you dont need to preach to this Ranger about guts, i have the scars to prove i have guts. but i learned in the Rangers to ALWAYS use my brain too!!! did i say i would give anybody anything? if someone came to get guns they wouldnt be happy with what they left with, ill just say that! and no its not a jehovahs witness magazine!

:): It's alright. I'm not your young padawan learner, nor am I preaching to you. Just seemed like an odd statement considering some of your previous posts.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    i heard somewhere that indiana is gonna try to pass a law that allows indiana residents to own ANY indiana manufactured gun or accessory without catering to federal law. like another state did. anyone else heard about this? i like how states are pushing back against the feds!!

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    i heard somewhere that indiana is gonna try to pass a law that allows indiana residents to own ANY indiana manufactured gun or accessory without catering to federal law. like another state did. anyone else heard about this? i like how states are pushing back against the feds!!

That would be great as I believe there are a few class 3 manufactures here in IN.

I wonder if that would be the same as me making an AK out of parts kits. Im sure I can figure out how to make some full auto parts on a mill.:D

markbritt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    To get back to your question, unless you donate the guns to a museum, the only recourse you currenlty have is to strip them down for parts and cut the receiver. There is no and's/if's or but' about it.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I am about to take a plasma torch to 11 like new original M3A1's.

This is government for you. They try and "find" money for local law enforcement to help with crime, but they make them torch $160k worth of WWII machineguns that would more then likely never be used in a crime if sold to a individual via NFA regs.

DSC_0548.jpg

DSC_0562.jpg

Wow. I know you said you can't go into the history of these. But can you say how you came upon these? Did the government just call you say say "hey curraheeguns, we need you to destroy these."

When you do something like this, do you have to show proof that you actually destroyed them? Or do they just take your word for it? Not trying to say anything, I'm just really curious.

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    Each cut must completely sever the receiver in the designated areas and must be done with a diagonal torch cut. Using a bandsaw or a cut-off wheel to destroy the receiver does not ensure destruction of the weapon. -NFA HANDBOOK
    interesting !!!!! They must sweep that reg under the rug alot (kinda like 922 & SBRs) cause there are some big name companys selling kits by the gazillion that ARE saw cut :dunno:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    To get back to your question, unless you donate the guns to a museum, the only recourse you currenlty have is to strip them down for parts and cut the receiver. There is no and's/if's or but' about it.
    WRONG, go back to page one and start reading.

If bring-back paperwork can be found, and a case can be made why they weren't registered during the amnesty, it is very likely that they can be amnesty registered.

sp3worker

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    interesting !!!!! They must sweep that reg under the rug alot (kinda like 922 & SBRs) cause there are some big name companys selling kits by the gazillion that ARE saw cut :dunno:

I find this hard to believe. The ATF watches this stuff pretty closely. I believe a few years back it was Interordnance out of NC got busted for selling PPSH kits that were improperly demilled. They were able to somehow make a functioning MG out of the kit they sold. They went through all of their records and sent letters out to everyone who bought one of the kits telling them to return them or deal with the wrath of the ATF.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I find this hard to believe. The ATF watches this stuff pretty closely. I believe a few years back it was Interordnance out of NC got busted for selling PPSH kits that were improperly demilled. They were able to somehow make a functioning MG out of the kit they sold. They went through all of their records and sent letters out to everyone who bought one of the kits telling them to return them or deal with the wrath of the ATF.

nah, there are ak kits out there that were cut with a bandsaw.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    nah, there are ak kits out there that were cut with a bandsaw.

Yes they exist even with the Thompsons back before when the best cops were the ones you could buy.

BBesides with the modern cnc and other tools I am sure they can replicate the prts as well. A lightning stick, sand and some metalurgical wizardry and you too can buy yourself a one way ticket to up****screekville.

I also believe nefarious characters have been able to corrupt Paco, Tony Bagofdonuts, Timmy Irashawnasee and Tyrel Washington to procure even bigger items that are controlled by the various US and third world militaries the BATFE types love to meet these folks.

They all also hold various legal and financial woes as well as a chance at a bonus round o sodomy from bubba the new nazi at your futur 8x8 luxury suite.

This is illegal regardless of how many wing nuts do it.

Which is why they look so closely at any organized group that practices reindeer games in the woods. This is also the reason why a true SHTF deal wouldn't be as onesided as some may think.

Lots of rich people got that way by selling things to people on the sly that people feel they need to be the ultimate boyscout.

A deck of cards and a monkey can make an AK a MG or so I've heard on the interweb by some mall ninja.

Just don't do it son! Leave the :ar15: to the legal routes available to us by the law of the land.:p

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    HA,.... would you like links to companys selling them or pics of the kits ive had in the past..
    The NFA handbook is just that, a handbook. one shoild be carefull regarding its contents as LAW. I know im gonna get hammered for this but i dont think the kits HAVE to be torch cut. It is a saftey recomendation (to make it more difficult for bad guys to make illegal MGs) but not a formal regulation. Ive had too many kits in the past & not 1 was cut with a torch. If the Boys in Black are watching this stuff so close how has APEX & copes been selling SAW cut kits for ten years :dunno:
    Furthermore, when most builders build a semi auto gun from a kit the old saw cut or torch cut reciever is discarded anyway. Your not buying the kits for the reciever !!!!! & i dont care how you cut it, if you know how to work & rework metal a person could reweld a demilled reciever no matter how it was cut.... I have many HK 33 keychains made from one half of the saw cut magwell ( the side thst says HK33) ....
    When i get home i will break out a couple HK 91 Kits & snap some pics to show the saw cut areas

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    HA,.... would you like links to companys selling them or pics of the kits ive had in the past..
    The NFA handbook is just that, a handbook. one shoild be carefull regarding its contents as LAW. I know im gonna get hammered for this but i dont think the kits HAVE to be torch cut. It is a saftey recomendation (to make it more difficult for bad guys to make illegal MGs) but not a formal regulation. Ive had too many kits in the past & not 1 was cut with a torch. If the Boys in Black are watching this stuff so close how has APEX & copes been selling SAW cut kits for ten years :dunno:
    Furthermore, when most builders build a semi auto gun from a kit the old saw cut or torch cut reciever is discarded anyway. Your not buying the kits for the reciever !!!!! & i dont care how you cut it, if you know how to work & rework metal a person could reweld a demilled reciever no matter how it was cut.... I have many HK 33 keychains made from one half of the saw cut magwell ( the side thst says HK33) ....
    When i get home i will break out a couple HK 91 Kits & snap some pics to show the saw cut areas

Now I am no expert and I have been told mgs need to be torched. But I've also heard from reputable class 3 dealer that other forms are acceptable too. One dealer I trust told me that the NFA handbook is a guide only and I believe it resulted initially out of a publication someone prepared, ATF liked and then built upon to make the guide it is today. Someone else may be able to verify or comment on this. I also believe that if a bandsaw is used, then (1) a critical portion of the receiver (often or generally with the serial number) needs to be removed from the kit (and possibly remain in the possession of the SOT not sure if required) and (2) cuts need to be placed in certain areas, for example in the case of an HK nowadays the magwell needs to have a cut through and the center portion of the receiver must be missing. Now this is hearsay and again I am no expert just stating what a person I consider knowledgable once told me but then ATF may have changed the regs. since then.

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    Now I am no expert and I have been told mgs need to be torched. But I've also heard from reputable class 3 dealers that other forms are acceptable too. One dealer I trust told me that the NFA handbook is a guide only and I believe it resulted initially out of a publication someone prepared, ATF liked and then built upon to make the guide it is today. I also believe that if a bandsaw is used, then (1) a critical portion of the receiver with the serial number needs to be removed from the kit (and possibly remain in the possession of the SOT not sure if required) and (2) cuts need to be placed in certain areas, for example in the case of an HK nowadays the magwell needs to have a cut through and the center portion of the receiver must be missing. Now this is hearsay and again I am no expert just stating what a person I consider knowledgable once told me but then ATF may have changed the regs. since then.
    Youve hit the nail rite on the head.... That is the way i understand it as well. BTW, there should be a newly revised NFA Handbook coming out soon, at least its in the works from what i understand

Top Bottom