• ...and so much more!
  • curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    BIG TIME 03 SOTs

Sorry that a comment not even directed at you makes you feel that you should try and punk me publicly.

If you knew me you would know I am anything but a "BIG TIME O3 SOT". I am about as humble as it gets in the FFL/SOT world.

Hell, until Nov of 2008 I didn't even own a NFA item or a "black rifle".

Obama made me a machinegun dealer.

If you think expressing my concern that another board member might be suggesting to someone publicly that he should break federal NFA laws which carrying a $100k/10yr penalty per item is being a "BIG TIME 03 SOT" then I do apologize for my arrogance.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    image186.png

That is all.

Funiest picture I have seen in a long time!:laugh:

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    ATF regs specify torch cutting in at least 3 specific places, IIRC, to prevent just such a thing. :xmad:
    I am not sure about this.... i have had numerous kits that were not TORCH cut. In fact ive built 7 to 10 guns outa kits & have never seen a "torch" cut reciever. I agree they are to be demilled with 3 cuts, but i dont think a torch has to be part of the equation. most of the ones i have, have been hacked up via chop saw.
    Would this be a thopmson reciever only spec ????

Ya ever think maybe he wasn't? :dunno:

For a minute:D

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    Sorry that a comment not even directed at you makes you feel that you should try and punk me publicly.

If you knew me you would know I am anything but a "BIG TIME O3 SOT". I am about as humble as it gets in the FFL/SOT world.

Hell, until Nov of 2008 I didn't even own a NFA item or a "black rifle".

Obama made me a machinegun dealer.

If you think expressing my concern that another board member might be suggesting to someone publicly that he should break federal NFA laws which carrying a $100k/10yr penalty per item is being a "BIG TIME 03 SOT" then I do apologize for my arrogance.
    DUDE, no punk intended !!!!!! my apologies... I reread my post & it did seem a tad abbraisive. I was trying to be entertaining NOT insulting. once again i appologize

Last edited:

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    has there been any talk of another amnesty? does anyone think it would even be on the horizon with the current dictators in office? i dont personaly but it would be nice

Small Arms Review hinted in one issue that the current head of ATF had mention he was open to the idea of it, then in the very next issue they explained why they didn't think it would ever happen and that they didn't support even trying until different folks were in the big white house and in Congress.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    has there been any talk of another amnesty? does anyone think it would even be on the horizon with the current dictators in office? i dont personaly but it would be nice
    IMHO the political climate we're in today is pretty severe. It could really go anywhere from here. It could go from a revolt back to what the country was meant to be, or to more severe problems. It's anybody's guess, and therefore, it would be worth it to hide them in hopes of being able to legally keep them in the future. It would be a shame to let such a piece of history be destroyed, and then 10 years down the road it you find out that it would've been legal to own had you just held out.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    IMHO the political climate we're in today is pretty severe. It could really go anywhere from here. It could go from a revolt back to what the country was meant to be, or to more severe problems. It's anybody's guess, and therefore, it would be worth it to hide them in hopes of being able to legally keep them in the future. It would be a shame to let such a piece of history be destroyed, and then 10 years down the road it you find out that it would've been legal to own had you just held out.

yep i agree. but just to again clarify i realy never had this situation happen to me. I WISH!!! lol. i deffinately wouldnt be handing it over to be destroyed if it did. THATS FOR SURE!!! nor would i ever keep it in my possetion. THATS FOR SURE!!!

if an amnesty happened would people be able to legaly convert guns into full auto configurations and then register them? if so that would be sweet!

but also i could see this being used as a ploy by the gun grabbers to then confiscate those former semi auto weapons years down the road because now they would be MG's. i mean youd be stupid to not convert your semi auto AR into a MG if you could LEGALY do it. so think of all the guns they would possibly be able to take away down the road and still say they are following the constitution by allowing us to keep our semi autos. i hope you see what im saying, im not the most poetic typer. lol.

one thing that worries me about having a regitered machine gun is the fact that you know we will be on the confiscation list first if they try and take our guns away. by being legal weve done all the leg work for them

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Take those things down to Attebury, and let them put them on display for all the new kids on the block to see what was used back when.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    yep i agree. but just to again clarify i realy never had this situation happen to me. I WISH!!! lol. i deffinately wouldnt be handing it over to be destroyed if it did. THATS FOR SURE!!! nor would i ever keep it in my possetion. THATS FOR SURE!!!

if an amnesty happened would people be able to legaly convert guns into full auto configurations and then register them? if so that would be sweet!

but also i could see this being used as a ploy by the gun grabbers to then confiscate those former semi auto weapons years down the road because now they would be MG's. i mean youd be stupid to not convert your semi auto AR into a MG if you could LEGALY do it. so think of all the guns they would possibly be able to take away down the road and still say they are following the constitution by allowing us to keep our semi autos. i hope you see what im saying, im not the most poetic typer. lol.

one thing that worries me about having a regitered machine gun is the fact that you know we will be on the confiscation list first if they try and take our guns away. by being legal weve done all the leg work for them
    It all depends on how the amnesty is written. BATF doesn't have the power to grant an amnesty, only congress. That is why it really depends on the political situation. As such, it could be written any way possible, but I would bet they won't allow new conversions. They would only allow guns made Pre May 19, 1986, and they may go as far as to say they will only allow guns made before the original amnesty. The biggest reason for an amnesty would be because the 1st one wasn't well advertised, and it was before internet and such so many people didn't know about it. Therefore, they may use that as a "ram-rod" to push another amnesty through, but as a condition of that, it may be limited to guns that could have only been registered on the original amnesty.

Like I said, its really up in the air as to the likelihood of it happening, when it would happen, and the conditions of it.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I am not sure about this.... i have had numerous kits that were not TORCH cut. In fact ive built 7 to 10 guns outa kits & have never seen a "torch" cut reciever. I agree they are to be demilled with 3 cuts, but i dont think a torch has to be part of the equation. most of the ones i have, have been hacked up via chop saw.
    Would this be a thopmson reciever only spec ????...

This is not a Thompson-only spec.

I have an AK that I built from a kit, for which I had to peel off the melted pieces of the original receiver from the trunions and the trigger guard.

I'm at work right now and I don't have my ATF regs, but IIRC, they even have drawings of some firearms showing where the torch cuts have to be placed.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington

Well there is all sorta talk about amnesty, just not for unregistered NFA items. Now if you need citizenship, that's a different matter!:)

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Each cut must completely sever the receiver in the designated areas and must be done with a diagonal torch cut. Using a bandsaw or a cut-off wheel to destroy the receiver does not ensure destruction of the weapon. -NFA HANDBOOK

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    I am about to take a plasma torch to 11 like new original M3A1's.

This is government for you. They try and "find" money for local law enforcement to help with crime, but they make them torch $160k worth of WWII machineguns that would more then likely never be used in a crime if sold to a individual via NFA regs.

DSC_0548.jpg

DSC_0562.jpg

To put things into perspective :scratch: NFA Firearms Ads
    :crying:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    yeah that picture makes me sad too. they might not be worth a big dollar amount unregistered, but the FUN amount would be UNLIMITED :), until you got caught with one!! then it would SUCK, then maybe you would eventualy suck? lmao

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    This is government for you. They try and "find" money for local law enforcement to help with crime, but they make them torch $160k worth of WWII machineguns that would more then likely never be used in a crime if sold to a individual via NFA regs.

Yes, because if local LEO's have $160,000 then they can do what they want with it. If the Federal Government gives them money it will come in the form of a grant, with plenty of strings attached to it. The last thing the fed wants is fiscally independent local government.

Top Bottom