• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Usually people that don't have better handguns say they rock, while people that have shot both say they suck.
    Right before I bought my Hi Point, I spent a fair amount of time shooting a shooting a brand new Smith and Wesson 38 special, and a 9 mm Browning Hi Power. I have also put about 400 rounds through my buddy's 1911. Out of that group of guns, I found my Hi Point JHP 45 to be the most accurate and the most fun for me to shoot.:dunno:

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    My first handgun was a Hi-point. Granted, I didn't know what I was missing - but after the first box, that gun never jammed, always went bang, and was stupid accurate if i did my part. Mine got traded off for half of a chinese SKS. I will likely pick up another one in the future just for fun.

bw210

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Kouts, IN
    Have you seen the carbines with the new TS stock?

HP995TS-10.jpg

Well that right there might be a reason to bring my HP out of storage. That looks like a lot of fun to shoot

fordmech_2000

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2010
    the high point carbine is really a great gun (ugly) and has alot of affordable aftermarket gadgets!!!! even if you are rich you should have one just for ****s and giggles

68kidd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hanover
    I got to shoot a HP 9mm carbine today. It was ugly , but i put my 1st shoots in the bullseye at 50 yards. We later moved to 100 yards and i was dead on . I was expecting it to be all over the place at 100 yards. I was shocked at how accurate the gun was. I will seriously consider buying one now. How wrong can you go with a cheap (ugly) gun. I am fairly new to shooting and gun ownership. I do own a few other guns that were purchased in the last year and a half. You have to start somewhere.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    Just watched someone buy a Hi-Point .40 JCP handgun go for $190 at christies auction. and on top of that they were an online buyer so they have to pay an extra 27%!

I got mine at Bradis brand new for ~150 out the door!

bjosephback

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Indy
    The Hi Point .380 was my first handgun. I bought it in college about 2003 and put, maybe 200-300 rounds through it. It jammed about once every clip. I only paid $90 for it new, so it is. I don't know if Hi Point has made any changes since then, but I thought it was junk then. I sold it for what I paid, and then bought a S & W Sigma series 9mm. The Sigma is a good entry level gun......maybe give it a look.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    My brother has one of their .45 pistols and he likes it but would never use it as a carry gun and is wanting to maybe trade it for another brand an in 9mm.

A good range gun if you ask me.

fnpfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Larwill
    i have had a hipoint .45 and c9 9.mm they were decent guns for plinkin around, and if it is all you can afford it is better than nothing, both would jam evry so often, and i had some fte as well, but i dont knock them, i have sold them both and moved on to some really nice guns, but the hi point will serve its purpose for the money u pay

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    i have had a hipoint .45 and c9 9.mm they were decent guns for plinkin around, and if it is all you can afford it is better than nothing, both would jam evry so often, and i had some fte as well, but i dont knock them, i have sold them both and moved on to some really nice guns, but the hi point will serve its purpose for the money u pay
    You can have failure to feed issues on any brand of semi auto. They can be solved on most. If anyone had a Hi Point that they wanted to sell me cheap enough I would buy it and I would solve the problem with that particular gun and have a reliable weapon.

fnpfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Larwill
    You can have failure to feed issues on any brand of semi auto. They can be solved on most. If anyone had a Hi Point that they wanted to sell me cheap enough I would buy it and I would solve the problem with that particular gun and have a reliable weapon.
    it was a failure to eject, not ftf. it only happend evry so often, but has never happend with any of my fnh products. and yes i used the same ammo with both, im not knockin the hipoint, i had 2of them. im just sayin there are WAY better guns out there, you just have to b willing to pay the price:twocents:

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    The more recent HPs come with a more aggressive extractor hook and a beefed up ext. spring. Replacements are available free from HP and arrive in Indiana in 3 days usually as do any accessories ordered from HP.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    it was a failure to eject, not ftf. it only happend evry so often, but has never happend with any of my fnh products. and yes i used the same ammo
    In all fairness some guns simply function better with a particular brand of ammo. This is true of Hi Points. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have heard this is true of some other brands of weapons as well.
    with both, im not knockin the hipoint, i had 2of them. im just sayin there are WAY better guns out there, you just have to b willing to pay the price:twocents:
    I would never argue that any Hi Point is the best gun that money can buy. I do however believe that any Hi Point can, with a little attention to detail, become as reliable as just about any other semi-auto. Mine was reliable right out of the box, BTW. It is also my opinion that a $150 Hi Point pistol, that has had the bugs worked out, plus a $200 pump shotgun, is WAY better than any $350-$500 pistol.

_OZ_

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    In Search of the Holy Grail
    I have been reading about them and was going to ask about them, but I see they already went thru the mill :)

I may get the 9mm.... for 150 some odd dollars they will take care of it for life, no matter who owns it...

And they are made in the US...so I can also help the economy:patriot: ... got an itch now....

Means I will be out looking for one next week... wonder if they had any at the 1500?

(getting old means I go on strange gun/ammo, ah hell, any kind of toy shopping :laugh: )

JLawsonTXRH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    I think they're ugly as hell, but with that said, Hi Points to me are like motorcycles. Having a motorcycle, no matter what the maker, is better than not having one at all. Take care of it and you'll get good use out of it. If it is what you can afford, go for it.

I do have the Hi Point Carbine in .40 S&W. I purchased the ATI stock to make it more like the Beretta Storm Carbine. The rifle really isn't very well made.

"Fat women are like mopeds. They're a lot of fun to ride, but you don't want your friends catching you on one."

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    I think they're ugly as hell, but with that said, Hi Points to me are like motorcycles. Having a motorcycle, no matter what the maker, is better than not having one at all. Take care of it and you'll get good use out of it. If it is what you can afford, go for it.

I do have the Hi Point Carbine in .40 S&W. I purchased the ATI stock to make it more like the Beretta Storm Carbine. The rifle really isn't very well made.

"Fat women are like mopeds. They're a lot of fun to ride, but you don't want your friends catching you on one."

Where did you find an ATI stock for the 4095 carbine???? As far as I know ATI only makes a replacement stock for the 995 carbine.:dunno:

I have an ATI on my 995, great upgrade but.... looks like HP MIGHT not warranty it if you do have an ATI stock, or are using ProMag magazines.

As far as ugly, don't care my 995 is very reliable and serves it's purpose.:yesway:

JLawsonTXRH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Typo. Yep for the 995 carbine.

As soon as I find all of the hardware I'll actually have it put back together. Oh brother.

Top Bottom