• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    Look at the gas porosity in the casting! HOLY ****!

IMGA02751.jpg

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    Wow, crazy stuff right there. I bet someone had to change their pants before taking those pictures.

I bet Hi-Point will cover it under warranty and send the owner a new one, and a few spare mags ;)

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    wow. I thought about picking one up for the upcoming camping season but I am beginning to rethink my position. Thought it would make a great canoe gun. Surely, this is an uncommon event?

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    here's the story as it was posted where I found it (in the team forum on ARF)

....it's been put to rest. they are complete and total junk! most of us already knew this but still people buy them.

a few of us went to the range today to get in a little trigger time. we were shooting for a bit when we noticed that one of the guys had a hi-point. this sparked a discussion about price, quality, crime and other things. i repeated that while it is a cheap pistol and it may be ok for range use a hi-point should NEVER be considered a defensive firearm. i, like many others, have heard that hi-points tend to work. sure they are ugly as sin, can't hold a group for ****, have less than ideal ergonomics and cost less than two USP .45 mags but people who own them report that they *work*.

if all you intend to do is put rounds down range i guess you can consider the hi-point a *starter gun* (i started with a Glock but what ever)

we discussed the finer points of my USP compact 9 and the other guys G19 and told the guy he would be better off to sell it and save up some cash for another pistol. he has a Ruger 9mm and he could easily get rid of his drill hi-point.

so we went back to shooting and a few minutes later i hear "...and this is why you don't buy a hi-point"

i look over and see THIS.....

he was shooting winchester white box and had put less than 100 rounds down range. he did get it from a pawn shop so who knows how many rounds it's seen but damn. who would own a hi-point POS? oh yeah, this guy had one. it's a $150 lesson he'll never forget.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Even though I've never seen or handled a Hi-Point pistol, I'd bet even money the person who dumped this at the pawn shop was giving this a very heavy diet of +P+'s.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Even though I've never seen or handled a Hi-Point pistol, I'd bet even money the person who dumped this at the pawn shop was giving this a very heavy diet of +P+'s.

Yep..... actually, I'm betting the story doesn't even begin to resemble the facts. Oh well...... mail the parts to the mothership and get a new one with some free mags..:dunno:

But you'll never be able to convince some people to open their minds because we all know that Colt, S&W, Glock, etc. has NEVER manufactured a firearm with any kind of defect. ;)

:cheers:

Top Bottom