Hi-point pistols...Best BANG for your buck?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    HiPointFail.jpg

LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    There are many that will snub their nose at the hi points. I own 2 and they have always gone bang when I wanted them to. They are pretty accurate too. No they aren't the prettiest guns out there, but they are fun and that should be one of the requirements for ownership. Enjoy, keep it clean and have fun.:ar15:

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    I owned one once, besides stove piping the last round of the magazine almost every time it work flawless and was accurate.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Only problem I have with them is the difficulty in detail stripping. Otherwise, they are decent guns to have for fun to shoot. Mags are hard to come by as well.

Really they are not hard to strip at all. They require a small punch unlike most guns but that's the only difference. I can have mine stripped in 30 seconds or less just like anything else. Although that point is kind if moot anyway since the factory only recommends doing so every 1500 to 2000 rounds otherwise just keep it lubricated and keep the barrel cleaned and they are good to go.

I have over 1200 rounds through my C9 without a single hiccup. It is also very accurate I might add. My brother has the 40 S&W and it runs flawless also. I plan on adding a .45 and a carbine in 9MM and .45 as well over the next year. For those that say they don't carry well actually the C9 carries pretty easy with a good belt and holster. I carry mine in a Fobus paddle holster. I wouldn't carry the .45 or 40 though because they are quite a bit bigger.

Top Bottom