• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dcbark01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Floyds Knobs, IN
    I had an opportunity to shoot the 9mm version, I was actually able to shoot it quite well, and had no reliability issues at all. Ugly as heck, but it went bang when I pulled the trigger.

tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    I bought a C-9 based on the customer service I recieved after buying a used 995 carbine.

Sent the 995 in to be checked out before I fired it. They installed a new bolt, polished the feed ramp, did whatever updates, and sent me all the accessories a new one would come with. Plus a new magazine "for my trouble". Can't beat that.
    So I bought a C-9, sold it to fund something else cheap, and then bought another. I probably won't be without one. None of my HiPoint products caused me the least bit of trouble, and are accurate and reliable. Not the prettiest gals at the dance but the bad guy, or plinking target won't have a clue.

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    I own a C-9. My only complaints are how ugly it is and their mags suck.

I would love to see hi-point come out with some new designs with their slides and mags.

Would love double stacked mags. My mags suck because I can only load 8 to have them work properly. If I load them full (10) they FTF.

Other than that the C-9 works flawlessly and shoots pretty well.

Their customer service is great. I complained about the mags and they sent me a new one. It still sucks. I know that you can find a lot on-line about bending the mag lips to have them work better, but I've found that you just load them with 7 or 8 and they work fine.

I bought mine for $130 new and its my tackle box/truck gun.

Alegre

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I'm really interested in getting one of these Hi-Points for my first handgun. I don't mind that people think they're ugly, that's the least of my concerns, my economic situation dictates what I can or cannot get.

Even at $150 I have to save for it, so I'm very grateful of the fact that a company makes a handgun that people in my situation can somewhat afford.

Maybe I'll get lucky and find a used one here in the forums and save a little more still......wish me luck,
    JR.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Why ask now?

I purchased a hi-point c-9 a few months ago and love it ..... Im more of a a rifle guy but wanted an inexpensive, warranted pistol to shoot cheap ammo with
    right out of the box 100 rounds.. flawless and no problems, still

who out there likes em?
    who out there hates em?

please leave a reason why you like, why you hate

Im kinda new to this forum and hope this has not been a previous topic within the past year.
    if so i apologize.

indyk

I just have to wonder why you would ask for opinions now, when you start the thread with a statement of how you Love your purchase. So why would you need positive reinforcement to justify your decision? Or, why would you need negative reinforcement to make you question your decision. If I loved something, I certainly would not invite criticism of my choice... I would definitely do that before I committed to a course of action.

You LOVE your firearm, be comforted by that fact and don't let those of us who do not like Hi-point, for a multitude of reasons, take that away from you.

IndianasFinest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Salem
    I own the 9mm carbine, and it's a great little plinker that loves my LRN reloads. I use to own a C9 that also shot very well, and lived in the center console of my truck as a backup gun. There customer service is top notch thats for sure. Great company that fits the bill for many people imo.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Ok, range report on the C9.

Ran a friends C9 this weekend. I know we put at least 50 rounds, and maybe 75 through it.

First impressions: Gun is HEAVY. When he first handed it to me, it was heavy enough I assumed it had a full mag in it. Nope, completely empty. Grip feel is ok, Ive held better and worse, so no big deal there. Not to ugly, but not (1911) beautiful (IMO).

Best part about it: pulled trigger, went bang. Dont know about the accuracy as we were just taking turns shooting it between a few of us. Hit a 12" target no problem, and thats all the owner was looking for.

Only had one FTF, when a round got stuck somewhere between the mag and the chamber. That could have just been the cheap blazer brass it was being fed. Otherwise, no problems. It is a bit more of a 'clunky' shooter compared so some, just not as smooth, but important part is you pull the trigger, it goes bang.

My only disappointment with the weapon as a whole: capacity. Only holds 8 rounds, wished it held a bit more, other than that, I have no real complaints.

Last edited:

hardtrailz400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Batesvegas
    I can't complain about my c-9. I plan to buy another and the 995 carbine with my next paycheck. Not many American made guns that you can buy two good shooters and still pay rent out of one check.

This is my 2nd one and neither had any reliablity or accuracy problems.

I know there are better higher capacity guns, but my budget wont allow them and I want to shoot not save.

CraigMac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Mooresville
    I have a .40, a 9mm, and a 4095 carbine... I have about 1,300 rounds through the 9mm and 1200 thru the carbine and about 50 thru the .40. I love them all! they make a great car gun for me, that way if someone breaks into my car and steals it, i will not be to devistated.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I contemplated buying a C9 awhile back, and even posted a similar thread asking about Hi Points. Most replies were of how I would be crazy to have it for CCW or self protection. Although that wasn't what I had asked mind you. I wanted it for messing around at the range and what not. However after getting a little bit more down time with one and fondling with it, I decided against it. Too top heavy, and cheap toy like feeling. I have felt airsoft guns that felt sturdier. So for a gun to go messing around with, i'll just stick with a Glock of some sort.

But for the price...$150 brand new, and a lifetime warranty I guess it has it's merits.
    But they are so ugly......:n00b:

hardtrailz400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Batesvegas
    I actually think they look better than a 1911. I don't know why, but 1911 and similar guns look like cheap ancient guns. I like the look of my c-9 w the 8 round clip. I dont really like it with the 10 rounder, but I do have one for the extra couple shots.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Something else I forgot to mention, now that you mention it, you thinking the C9 looks better then a 1911... I think they look similar to the Heckler & Koch VP70.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Well two years and 2500+ rds later

my C-9 firing pin looks like a " U "
    called hi-point they sent out new firing pin and new rear sights, also sent me out a new mag for my hassle.

This P.O.S has been a fun little plinker I am accurate as all get out with this thing!

2 years and 2500+ rounds later Im still very happy with my brick;)

CombatVet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Bartholomew County
    Yup, I like mine too. Only thing I hate about it is that it's a .380. Probably will trade mine in for a c-9 so I can afford to shoot it. I've cleaned it once in 2 years of owning it. No problems 0 feed or eject issues.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I bought one and traded it in for a loss (of course) the very same week.
    I am not a brand snob. I always say "if it goes, BANG, that is all that matters." But, mine did not go bang. I went to the range and it jammed several times. Also, when I carried it, I just did not feel secure. I wondered if it would jam if I needed to use it. I got a 1911 and now the XD 40sc.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I've never owned one. I've never shot one. I have held one.

I don't like them because they look and feel "cheap". Materials and fit-and-finish were a major turn-off. And where on Earth are you going to find a holster for one?

But I have heard they are reliable.

The feel cheap because the ARE cheap. But, they also work far better than they should for the price, and their customer service has an outstanding reputation.

As for holsters, Big R right here in Crawfordsville has a whole bunch of leather Galco holsters for them. Not sure why someone would spend that much for such a gun, but holsters are out there! Seems to me if a Hi-point is what one can afford, $60 for a leather holster is gonna be a stretch.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Had the carbine 995 and liked it OK. bang every time. I eventually sold it and used the money to buy a Keltec Sub2000.
    For the money it really is hard to go wrong, just understand you'll eventually want something sexier.

bdj357

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    DaRegion NWI Crown Point
    My friend bought one years ago for his cabin. We shot the **** out of it. Not one jam or problem whats so ever. It was all round ball. Even with that being said...I still wouldn't buy one.

Top Bottom