• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Ignore those who are spreading horror nonsense; appendix carry is as safe as any other mode of carry. As for the grip, take a look at High Noon Holster's site and read their talk about the difference between "high ride" and "low ride" holsters.

High Noon Holsters

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    2 words.

KEVLAR CUP

Really, no one has picked up on this?

2081_1210392092778_237_300.jpg

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    hmm. been thinking bout this. who drives a stick shift in appendix carry?
    its comfortable for me, but be warned I am a skinny guy and I drive a full size Ram so I have plenty of leg room in my truck to adjust my comfort level. In a small car it may be less comfy.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Ummm, no, not at all.

The pistol can drop and shoot you in the little ER a la Steve Malloy.

Or, you can be touching the pistol in the holster and set your little ER on fire like this police officer:

Irresponsible Gun Owner of the Day: Lt. Shawn Currie [Not Shown] | The Truth About GunsThe Truth About Guns

Get a dowel rod. When you holster as you are seated or hunched over like all the appendix carriers, where is the path of the bullet? It will not be a fun revelation for you.
    If you carry in a horizontal rig it points at everyone behind you.
    If you carry it in a strong side holster it is pointing at the ground in front of everyone who is on your strong hand side behind you.
    I can name every possible position to carry a handgun and the bottom line is:
    No matter how you carry a handgun.
    No matter what position it is on your body.
    It's pointing somewhere, and at someone.
    NO carry position is without danger to yourself or others.
    The only thing that keeps you, or someone else, from getting shot when a handgun is being carried is the brains of the person carrying the weapon.
    That said.
    I've carried in the "appendix" position for over forty years and I still have all of my body parts and they are all in undamaged condition.

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Thanks for posting this. I've been considering appendix carry for the reason of ease of removing the holster.

I know good equipment is a must, but the Archangel appendix carry kydex holster is $92.99, plus $9.99 shipping. Yikes!

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Thanks for posting this. I've been considering appendix carry for the reason of ease of removing the holster.

I know good equipment is a must, but the Archangel appendix carry kydex holster is $92.99, plus $9.99 shipping. Yikes!

It is expensive, but I feel top quality holsters like this one are worth it. My original one is at least four years old and I wear it daily at work with heavy objects pressing up against it all of the time. I have had no issues involving breakage or wear. In the odd instance something does happen, Dale has excellent customer service. The Serephim I have for my RMR Glock has been just as wonderful. As I am sure some will wonder, yes I did start using this holster because One Source sells them, but I am completely in love with them.

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    It is expensive, but I feel top quality holsters like this one are worth it. My original one is at least four years old and I wear it daily at work with heavy objects pressing up against it all of the time. I have had no issues involving breakage or wear. In the odd instance something does happen, Dale has excellent customer service. The Serephim I have for my RMR Glock has been just as wonderful. As I am sure some will wonder, yes I did start using this holster because One Source sells them, but I am completely in love with them.

I hear ya, but a Blade Tech runs $65 plus shipping. Just seems to me that the Archangel is pricey, but if it the does the job, that's what's important.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    I've been watching this discussion about appendix carry and decided to try it for myself. For the past few months I have used an Old Faithful IWB holster, made for a .380 Bersa Thunder, my EDC. I bought this off an INGO member about three months ago.

Until yesterday, the holster has been at about the 335 position on my right hip. So, on Saturday as I was getting ready to go buy some groceries, I moved the holster towards the front.

Now I did read that the proper position is the two o'clock spot. I think mine is more like 217 instead. It took a couple of tries to get is positioned just right, but so far it has worked quite well.

I tried sitting in my desk chair, flopping down on the couch, went outside and bent over and squatted down to check on my roses, and got in and out of my car. No problem with any of these ways of moving.

In its previous position, if I leaned over to the right, the butt of the gun seemed to want to get 'friendly' with my rib cage. In the appendix carry position, this doesn't happen, even getting in and out of my Tbird(s).

There's no need for me to worry about an ND and body parts as I am a NRIC carrier. (No Round In Chamber){Don't start with me now!:D}

So far, I am pleased with the holster's new position and will likely keep it there, unless something better comes along.:)

Redtbird

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    No guess? :) Okay, I'll have to check some of his other stuff or ask him about it, but I don't get the way he draws the gun into the horizontal position.:dunno: Other than that, I thought it was a pretty good little primer on appendix carry.

You mean the "gangsta" style?

JMWetzel89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I agree with Kirk. This may be an essay way to conceal, but I have never found it comfortable. Try sitting down for a while or driving and seeing how well you can draw. In a situation where I need my cc the last place I want it pointed is my man business .

Top Bottom