• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    I was hitting a torso or smaller sized steel target about 2 weeks ago with my m&p40 full size from 100 or more yards. I didn't hit it everytime but i didnt expect to hit it everytime either!

Oh yeah, I forgot I did that too with my 9c. I was hitting the 100 yard steel gong at MCF&G. I'd have to say that the gun is accurate and any misses are all on me! :ar15:

RetDep310

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Columbus
    I've had my 9c for a little over a year, after trading a G19 for it. Done a couple of LEOSA/retired qualifications with it, and kept all but a couple of shots in the 8-9-X rings. Must have been lucky, because my trigger is good with a felt and audible reset. Not looking to any Apex parts for now.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    I have a VTAC 9 that has about 400 rounds through it. The trigger is grainy or scratchy towards the break and the reset is barely noticeable with the stock trigger. My VTAC has the Viking Tactical sights which I've come to realize I'm not much a fan of. I love the gun nonetheless and plan on making the necessary mods needed to make it awesome for me.

ttrimcobra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    Lafayette
    Also just realized it today but apex tactical now has their aftermarket trigger in a polymer version for 40.00!!! going to be ordering one of those soon! just couldn't justify the 80.00 for the alum machined one but i could handle 40!!!

DBH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Carmel
    My full size .40 is great and a laser for me while target shooting. The gun is much better than me any given day.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I've found it's mostly the shooter and not the gun..

Isn't this pretty much always the case? I mean, you'd have to be the most amazing pistol marksman ever or have a truly terrible pistol for the actual, bench-fixed accuracy of the pistol to be more significant than the shooter's skill.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    On some of the older M&P FS 9's there's a lockup issue that can cause accuracy probs (consistency).
    I'm convinced I have one because I am more accurate (consistently) with my 9c and 9 pro compared to the 4.25" FS.
    That is to say, every 5 rounds or so, I get one flyer like 2" off (@12 yds).
    Trigger kits help. But even then, my 9c is completely stock, and I can still outshoot the 9 FS (with it's apex kit).
    This lockup issue was supposedly resolved in 2012.
    Others claim 147gr shoots better than 115. ymmv

TheUziButton

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Excellent accuracy out of this gun...
    MP9Sights_01.jpg

MP9Sights_02.jpg

This shield has exceptional accuracy for a compact...
    Shield01.jpg

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Isn't this pretty much always the case? I mean, you'd have to be the most amazing pistol marksman ever or have a truly terrible pistol for the actual, bench-fixed accuracy of the pistol to be more significant than the shooter's skill.

That is what we tell new shooters or those having issues with trigger manipulation. The truth is there are plenty of shooters out there who are good enough to see accuracy differences in different pistols. Is it as easy to see or as common as with rifles? No, but it is reality. Now will the amount of deviation we are talking about actually matter in a gunfight, probably not.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Former owner of a 9c...current owner of 2x 9FS

They're no different, accuracy-wise, than any of the myriad other pistols I've owned in my life.

With all of them - if I do MY PART - the bullets go where they're pointed.

MY issue with the platform was with the 9c and the short sight radius. That, coupled with glasses having "skinny" lenses + safety eyewear would generally mean I'd hit left of center-of-my-aiming-point. I suspect, however, this was also coupled with some "overgripping", if you will, as well.

-J-

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    That is what we tell new shooters or those having issues with trigger manipulation. The truth is there are plenty of shooters out there who are good enough to see accuracy differences in different pistols. Is it as easy to see or as common as with rifles? No, but it is reality. Now will the amount of deviation we are talking about actually matter in a gunfight, probably not.

After several range trips with my VTAC, I kept telling myself that I am most likely the problem. Then I bought a FN57 and tried it out at the range. Every round went dead center. I stopped being so hard on myself.

Lonewolf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    I would like to know what 1911 he is talking about. If he is comparing the M&P against a $3k custom 1911, I am not shocked its not as accurate, and the trigger is not as good; I dont think any factory gun would be as good. Either way, I still like Kyle, and I enjoy reading what he has to say.

Top Bottom