• Status
    Not open for further replies.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I must have missed something, don't remember a thead with that reference. If the mod was this spasmo person then I have heard comments about that person before, maybe they are part of the problem with the flip-outs? Maybe their people skills need a little refining or a new mod needs chosen? If the end all be all standard for this forum is to be politically correct then being a gun forum we've already lost that battle.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I must have missed something, don't remember a thead with that reference. If the mod was this spasmo person then I have heard comments about that person before, maybe they are part of the problem with the flip-outs? Maybe their people skills need a little refining or a new mod needs chosen? If the end all be all standard for this forum is to be politically correct then being a gun forum we've already lost that battle.

I doubt Spasmo is the problem.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I doubt Spasmo is the problem.
    Agreed

So, you think that because a forum discusses guns, the guests on the forum should be allowed to insult whomever they please, however and whenever they choose?

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.

Dunno about this Spaz person, but the moderator Spasmo is pretty level headed and even-handed.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I'll add some more...

A long time ago, we got the pep talk to let the language filter do it's job. I received my only infraction for using a word that was not in the language filter. It was never added, and it's still used to this day. I just saw it used in another thread. Does it annoy me? Yes, but I'm still here.

I've gone nose to nose with quite a few of the mods when I saw something I didn't agree with. I've never been banned, but I've been asked, on more than one occasion, to find another board to be part of. I'm still here.

The point is, no one ever gets their way every time. Deal with it, get over it, and play by the rules.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    A for effort at least. That was one of the better pre-ban rants I have read in a long time. Took some genuine thought on his part I bet.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Agreed

So, you think that because a forum discusses guns, the guests on the forum should be allowed to insult whomever they please, however and whenever they choose?

I knew some knucklehead was going to infer that, looks like you win the prize. I edited that disclaimer out but I guess I should have left it in for the less insightful. Of course anybody who enjoys posting on this board realizes there are things that shouldn't be said out of common decency, as well as how we represent ourselves here is open to public scrutiny. I'm just saying sometimes it's not the message (or warning) that sets somebody off but how it's delivered. Next time unless I say it don't put words in my mouth please.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Stormvetprime, I'm not sure exatly what happened, but try being more mature when you find another gun forum to become a member. You could have PM'd any moderator or Spasmo herself, but you attempted to sort this out in the public forum. So, as you have requested, I have banned you. Thanks for being a part of our community.

Que,

Have you ever thought of running for political office? You just banned a guy, and made me smile at the same time. You might be just the guy we need to sort out the budget mess in Washington :D

I know stuff like this is never fun, but I appreciate you "pruning the tree" as it were, so that this site remains a fun and friendly community of people with common interests.

Sincerely,
    Chuck

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Stormvetprime, I'm not sure exatly what happened, but try being more mature when you find another gun forum to become a member. You could have PM'd any moderator or Spasmo herself, but you attempted to sort this out in the public forum. So, as you have requested, I have banned you. Thanks for being a part of our community.
    So INGO does take requests?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

You don't remember the thread because, just like the mod team, you don't and can't read every post on here. The thread in question got removed, as we sometimes do when there just is nothing redeeming enough to keep amid all the small-minded, prejudicial, bigoted claptrap in a post or a thread. We prefer to avoid that, so that people can see what led to our moderation of a thread or a post, but if a post is akin to George Carlin's old line about "#### the ####ing ####ers!", it might, on some level, be funny to hear, but loses any humor value at all when made acceptable for polite company.

When a member chooses to go out in such "epic" :rolleyes: (read: childish tantrum) fashion, we don't have a heck of a lot of choice in the matter, do we? I'd have banned for his OP as well, and I'll admit to a bit of chauvinism in that someone going after Spas would be one I'd look at before one of the other mods, all else being equal.

OP, you're not a posting member here anymore, but I hope you read this and realize that, as one of our members upthread posted, this is a private forum. You have no "First Amendment" rights in here. Put another way, another member on the board has a sig line reading, "Son, the First Amendment protects you from the government, not from me." The rules here forbid slurs, and what you posted was definitely a slur. Funny thing, Spas used the least intrusive form of response we have (a Warning) that carries no consequence, just lets you know you've crossed a line, and you come down on her with the rant you posted? The one who's out of line here was not Spasmo: she did the job she was asked by Fenway to do. You agreed to the rules when you joined. I'm sorry that you chose to renege on that agreement.

Farewell, and as always,

Blessings,
    Bill

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom