• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Is the public sector finally feeling what the private sector has been going through the last 4+ years?

Sfrandolph

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Boone county
    Hmm. I am wondering about the validity of this article. My wife's cousin lives in NC and her husband is retired AF now working as a civilian contractor at the base. He has been cut back to four days a week for nearly a month now. I know this because the cousin was complaining to my wife about the decrease in take home pay.:twocents:

2001FZ1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Indy
    Is the public sector finally feeling what the private sector has been going through the last 4+ years?

Pay freeze for last 3 years? yes
    Insurance rates and co-pays rising every year? yes
    Hiring Freeze so we do more work with less people? Yes
    Pention fund siezed to keep big government going? Yes
    Promotions canceled? Yes
    Supporting the war fighter no matter how much free time we donate? Absolutely YES!

When this furlough go into effect, $6 billion won't go into the economy. State government suffers so that means the teachers, police and many other agencies suffer. When I take a 20% pay cut this year, I won't be able to afford a vacation much less look into buying any extras. The local car lot dealer suffers a cut in sales. The local concrete workers won't be laying concrete in driveways. This furlough has far more reaching effects than the average person realizes.

Most federal workers near me make far, far less than the jokers in DC and are well below 6 figure jobs. John Doe working on repair parts to keep military systems working on navy ships supports a family of 5 on one income and has an average salary less than a civilian counterparts. He does this job because he has a duty to serve his country and help keep the people of this country safe. :patriot:

What have the 100+ million people on welfare done for this country this year? What kind of pay cut are they taking?

2001FZ1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Indy
    Hmm. I am wondering about the validity of this article. My wife's cousin lives in NC and her husband is retired AF now working as a civilian contractor at the base. He has been cut back to four days a week for nearly a month now. I know this because the cousin was complaining to my wife about the decrease in take home pay.:twocents:

An email went out from a 3-Star stating basically the same thing. Its legit.

A civilian contractor is different than a government employee.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Pay freeze for last 3 years? yes
    5% pay cut for 2+ years? Yes
    Insurance rates and co-pays rising every year? yes
    yes
    Hiring Freeze so we do more work with less people? Yes
    Thousand + laid off with many never given a call back? Yes
    Pention fund siezed to keep big government going? Yes
    No pension and 401k and tuition assistance completely cut for 3-4 years? Yes
    Promotions canceled? Yes
    yes

Supporting the war fighter no matter how much free time we donate? Absolutely YES!

When this furlough go into effect, $6 billion won't go into the economy. State government suffers so that means the teachers, police and many other agencies suffer. When I take a 20% pay cut this year, I won't be able to afford a vacation much less look into buying any extras. The local car lot dealer suffers a cut in sales. The local concrete workers won't be laying concrete in driveways. This furlough has far more reaching effects than the average person realizes.

Most federal workers near me make far, far less than the jokers in DC and are well below 6 figure jobs. John Doe working on repair parts to keep military systems working on navy ships supports a family of 5 on one income and has an average salary less than a civilian counterparts. He does this job because he has a duty to serve his country and help keep the people of this country safe. :patriot:

What have the 100+ million people on welfare done for this country this year? What kind of pay cut are they taking?

Any dollar the government spends on government employees was either taken from those who pay taxes or the future generations who are expected to pay the debts our government has incurred.

I'm not arguing the merits of one recipient of tax dollars over another. We are f'ing broke and every swinging Richard who loses a single dollar is crying "not my dollar!"

2001FZ1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Indy
    Any dollar the government spends on government employees was either taken from those who pay taxes or the future generations who are expected to pay the debts our government has incurred.

I'm not arguing the merits of one recipient of tax dollars over another. We are f'ing broke and every swinging Richard who loses a single dollar is crying "not my dollar!"

dang right we are broke. Cutting the jobs of those supporting the military won't fix it. Thier funding is a drop in the bucket the size of Texas.

Again, how much of a pay cut are those people taking that do nothing for this country beside take their handouts?

BTW, the government people pay taxes too.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    dang right we are broke. Cutting the jobs of those supporting the military won't fix it. Thier funding is a drop in the bucket the size of Texas.

Again, how much of a pay cut are those people taking that do nothing for this country beside take their handouts?

BTW, the government people pay taxes too.

EVERY recipient of a government dollar says not my dollar. So let's go full steam ahead.

Money must be taken from the private sector through taxation to pay the salary of a government employee. Those same private sector dollars that go into a government employee's check are taken back out of that check are taken back as "taxes". They could tax that check at 100% and there wouldn't be a single cent in net revenue to the government.

As a soldier, I never saw the point in having federal taxes taken out of my check. Instead of giving me $100 and taxing me $20, why didn't they just give me $80? Then that'd be less work for the oxygen thieves at the IRS.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County

The vAdm sent the e-mail today - it's true.

DoD is working out the details of the CR to see exactly how much impact and where. I'd be shocked if there were no furloughs.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    EVERY recipient of a government dollar says not my dollar. So let's go full steam ahead.

Money must be taken from the private sector through taxation to pay the salary of a government employee. Those same private sector dollars that go into a government employee's check are taken back out of that check are taken back as "taxes". They could tax that check at 100% and there wouldn't be a single cent in net revenue to the government.

As a soldier, I never saw the point in having federal taxes taken out of my check. Instead of giving me $100 and taxing me $20, why didn't they just give me $80? Then that'd be less work for the oxygen thieves at the IRS.

I'd rather have taxes used to fund direct support activities that keep our soldiers safe as possible and as well armed and outfitted as possible - people actually working - than to fund ineffecient, government sucking DNA engrained non-working entitlement bottom feeders.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'd rather have taxes used to fund direct support activities that keep our soldiers safe as possible and as well armed and outfitted as possible - people actually working - than to fund ineffecient, government sucking DNA engrained non-working entitlement bottom feeders.

Those ineffecient, government sucking DNA engrained non-working entitlement bottom feeders vote. Not a dollar goes out of Washington without the intent of buying votes. How do we fix this when everyone says not my dollar?

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Those ineffecient, government sucking DNA engrained non-working entitlement bottom feeders vote. Not a dollar goes out of Washington without the intent of buying votes. How do we fix this when everyone says not my dollar?

With a sound budget in the country's best interest. Cut programs that don't work. Cut entitlements where it makes sense. We need our representatives to do the right thing and then the president to sign it.

For some reason I keep hearing George Strait's "ocean front property" playing in my head...

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    With a sound budget in the country's best interest. Cut programs that don't work. Cut entitlements where it makes sense. We need our representatives to do the right thing and then the president to sign it.

For some reason I keep hearing George Strait's "ocean front property" playing in my head...

You, I and many others have been saying those things for decades and for decades, our debt has spiraled further out of control. Federal dollars spent have votes attached to them and every one of those voters says not my dollar. We can continue repeating what needs to happen but it's getting us nowhere. Not as long as everyone keeps voting to keep their dollar. Some people vote for welfare benefits. Some people vote for parks, public shooting ranges, roads projects or any number of other projects funded by tax dollars. Some vote to protect their government job. All of those votes accomplished te same thing. They take dollars from others to fund the beneficiaries of those dollars.

Not my dollar.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    You, I and many others have been saying those things for decades and for decades, our debt has spiraled further out of control. Federal dollars spent have votes attached to them and every one of those voters says not my dollar. We can continue repeating what needs to happen but it's getting us nowhere. Not as long as everyone keeps voting to keep their dollar. Some people vote for welfare benefits. Some people vote for parks, public shooting ranges, roads projects or any number of other projects funded by tax dollars. Some vote to protect their government job. All of those votes accomplished te same thing. They take dollars from others to fund the beneficiaries of those dollars.

Not my dollar.

Voting for the right reasons is always part of the solution. I've said for years the presidential line item veto could work to cut out pork riders (not trying to make enemies, but WV's Bird was a master at it). The full answer requires too many voting and doing the right thing for the country. Not sure that will ever happen. The best you can do is to force your representatives to balance the budget and pay down the deficit AND stop deficit spending. DoD will certainly be hit - again - but entitlements as untouchable is right off the stable floor.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Voting for the right reasons is always part of the solution. I've said for years the presidential line item veto could work to cut out pork riders (not trying to make enemies, but WV's Bird was a master at it). The full answer requires too many voting and doing the right thing for the country. Not sure that will ever happen. The best you can do is to force your representatives to balance the budget and pay down the deficit AND stop deficit spending. DoD will certainly be hit - again - but entitlements as untouchable is right off the stable floor.

Good luck with that. Considering the best the 2 major parties could offer was Obama and Anybody But Obama. Those 2 are what the people want. The people want their dollar. The one who wanted to take those dollars got 1% of the vote. I feel the same about the government employee's dollar as I do the welfare queen's dollar. It's mine and it's not theirs to take.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Well, you guys wouldn't have a dollar if Obama didn't build you a road and a bridge in the first place...

I for one, am priviledged that Obama lets me keep some of his stash while I'm on the planet. I trade my time here for $$ that is stolen to give to people who do nothing but demand more of my $$. I have no more time to trade for $$ so maybe I'll just offer to do odd jobs around their homes if Obama will let me keep more of my own $$$

Rambling now, good night.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Good luck with that. Considering the best the 2 major parties could offer was Obama and Anybody But Obama. Those 2 are what the people want. The people want their dollar. The one who wanted to take those dollars got 1% of the vote. I feel the same about the government employee's dollar as I do the welfare queen's dollar. It's mine and it's not theirs to take.
    Are you trying to say that government employees do not deserve the dollar(s) they EARN?
    If so, I call BS and raise the BS flag high.

Oresti

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012

You can't make the government more efficient. It is inherently inefficient. This is by design.

The only way to cut government spending is to cut the size of the government.

Top Bottom