• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    This may be sacrilege, but I didn't really enjoy fogo all that much. It was ok, and some of the meat was good, but it wasn't the best I've ever had. I enjoyed the massive steak I got at Mo's Restaurant much more, and one time was literally the BEST steak I've ever had.

bmmonts76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    Indy
    1) Go hungry.
    2) Pace yourself.
    3) Don't overdo the salad bar (even though it's really good).
    4) Don't plan on doing anything afterwords, because you wont be able to move.
    5) Enjoy!

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I met the manager a few times about two years ago when they first opend and he was really cool........ was nice enough that I wan to try it out some time soon.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Be sure and eat a light lunch the day of the trip, too.

Keep your body juiced up, so to speak.

If you forgo lunch, chances are good that, while you'll be hungry, you'll not be able to stuff as much dead animal into your gullet. And that's the point, right? Mass quantity? :)

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Fogo is my happy place. :)

If you like a selection of meat cooked more or less than what they have with them, let the gaucho chef know and they will bring back exactly what you want. Also, many of the selections are reseasoned every time they return to the fire. If you like the seasoning, request thin slices from the outside. If you don't care for it, ask for a thicker slab all at once.

Once you've tried a little of everything you want to sample, just pass on everything else but your favorites.

Mmm... Fogo:wwub:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I just made reservations for the wife and me for our anniversary next week. :D It will be our first visit. Anything we should know?

• Never try to eat on an empty stomach. Prepare your stomach for the feast of meat with some meat (they will bring it to you). Once you've warmed-up with some tasty roasted meats, you are then prepared to feats on tasty roasted meats in a more professional manner.
    • DON'T GO TO THE SALAD BAR. Yeah, they have an awesome salad bar with some really cool stuff, but you can't waste precious stomach volume on that. You're not going a Brazillian Salad Bar, after all.
    • Take your time and budget enough time to stay at least a couple of hours. Pace yourself and enjoy as many different varieties as you can. Once everything has made the rounds a couple of time, you can then decide on which meat(s) you wish to focus your dining pleasure. I predict that you'll find the house speciality to your liking, especially the portions that are medium-rare.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    DON'T GO TO THE SALAD BAR.

Conventional wisdom here, but...

at the salad bar you will find that there are more meats, smoked salmon and *most importantly* a large basket full of aged parmesan cheese with which you might further accentuate your tasty roasted meat dining experience. ;)

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    .resized_picanha.jpg

NOM NOM NOM NOM

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    He has less than 3.5 posts per day. 3 in the last hour, 1 more 19 hours ago, etc...I don't think he's in a rush to get to the classifieds.

yeah, when did we hire hall monitors...

Total Posts: 8,244
    Posts Per Day: 14.77
    Find all posts by HICKMAN

that majority of my posts lack substance, but then again I'm a
    supporter.gif

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Conventional wisdom here, but...

at the salad bar you will find that there are more meats, smoked salmon and *most importantly* a large basket full of aged parmesan cheese with which you might further accentuate your tasty roasted meat dining experience. ;)

the swiss cheese is exquisite as well.

Andyccw

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    NW INDY
    Try a little of everything (that goes for her too), my wife had never tried lamb before we went, but ended up enjoying it.
    Also, don't be afraid to turn your card to red to have time to eat what's on your plate and enjoy each other's company. Otherwise, you'll have a line of sword toting, meat serving gauchos at your table while you're trying to talk to her.:):
    Have fun!

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Did I mention that I have OCed both times I've been to the Indy location?

I had the stainless XD but the atmosphere really calls for more of a Brazilian BBQ gun.

(Maybe a fancy Taurus) :):

slimplmbr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Greenfield
    Love the Fogo! After dinner try the papaya dessert, enzymes in papaya help digest meat and it does help with the misery of mass over consumption of meat.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom