• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    You did good work, Hickman. I am certain he will make a fine 68W.

How far is he going? Has he thought of anything like IPAP yet?

If you need recommendations for dining or entertainment in San Antonio when you go see him, let me know.

He was born there at BAMC , mom was a medic and we were married at the Fort Sam chapel. Still have friends/family in the area, but they've cut down on overnight passes, I guess from students having problems.

Airborne after AIT then plans to submit package for 18D are his immediate goals. As far is the PA program or any of the other schools, we set him on the path and will see where it leads him. He's always been a "team first" kind of guy, so we know he'll do well.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Awesome! I graduated basic there in 86 and got to travel all the way across post for AIT. Ahh, tank hill, how I hated thee.
    What was his unit? I was B-9-2 for basic.

he was in F Company, 2-39th. My wife and brother also went to Camp Relaxin Jackson.

Fort Knox was my summer of fun in 86 :D

thegunfan

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Congrats, I joined the USMC at age 17 and served for 10 interesting years.

I look back on it and I would do it over again, if given the choice.

I pray for his safety, that is a noble MOS hes chosen.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    :patriot: I wish I could join the USMC right now. I HAVE TO WAIT 5 MORE YEARS? Congrats. He will be serving his fellow soliders and us. GOD BLESS THE USA. He is army right?

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    Congratulations to both of you. I was at Fort Jackson for my oldest son's graduation last August. Man it has hoootttt, but worth every minute. Good luck to him and thank him for his commitment to our country.

My son was also F Co. 2-39. Was he first platoon, "Ghostriders?". If so, he's a Ghostrider for life now.

Dirty Steve

Hanen42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Ossian
    Ahhh good ole Fort Jackson! D. Co. 2-13 Hell Hound here. I remember our Drill Sergeants coming to Reception Battalion. They told us we weren't in Relaxin Jackson, we were in Hell. Haha good times. Congrats to your son! 68W is a tough job, lots to know and study! I hear it's very rewarding though.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Just a quick update, as he's about half way through his 68W training.

Got his EMT cert last week and found out his first duty station with be at Fort Drum, home of the 10th Mountain... most deployed unit in the Army.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Congrats on your son, and hope that he continues doing well in his training. I just had a Soldier of mine leave Ft Drum. Im sure I know another one or two up in the area as well.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Just a quick update, as he's about half way through his 68W training.

Got his EMT cert last week and found out his first duty station with be at Fort Drum, home of the 10th Mountain... most deployed unit in the Army.
    I hate Ft Drum...

Mainly I hate their cold weather school and the DB LTC that sent a group of us from Sherman to the School... :xmad:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Just after my last update, he had a weird injury known as scapular winging. Basically jacked up his shoulder blade. The following day he scored 320 on is APFT, then they pulled him from training to undergo physical therapy, wear a brace and heal.

He finally got cleared to return to training starting tomorrow. He's absolutely hated being on profile and is looking forward to getting done at Fort Sam and getting out of there.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Just after my last update, he had a weird injury known as scapular winging. Basically jacked up his shoulder blade. The following day he scored 320 on is APFT, then they pulled him from training to undergo physical therapy, wear a brace and heal.

He finally got cleared to return to training starting tomorrow. He's absolutely hated being on profile and is looking forward to getting done at Fort Sam and getting out of there.

I know how he feels, most people that I know, hate being on profile and just want to be better. Although there is a problem of some people that LOVE being on profile and abusing the system, but you will find that anywhere. Hope that he gets well soon.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Mr. Hickman, I've asked God to Bless your son and the path he as chosen. When his service to Our Country is through, may he come home to you whole and safe from all harm. May he give you many grandchildren.

Vv

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Mr. Hickman, I've asked God to Bless your son and the path he as chosen. When his service to Our Country is through, may he come home to you whole and safe from all harm. May he give you many grandchildren.

Vv

thank you, and may that be many years down the road :D

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Tank hill in January 1986 for me. Presidio of Monterey for 47 weeks for my AIT.
    I'll say a little prayer for him everyday, Hickman. That he do well and arrive home safe and whole.
    My youngest heads to Great Lakes 12 Sept for basic. Air Crew Rescue for an MOS and wants to ride the SWCC boats and drag Seals' fat out of the fire..:ar15:

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    101   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    :patriot: I wish I could join the USMC right now. I HAVE TO WAIT 5 MORE YEARS? Congrats. He will be serving his fellow soliders and us. GOD BLESS THE USA. He is army right?

Theres a neat little tag on his uniform opposite of his name that actually states the branch of service he is in, nifty how the uniform is organized in such a manner... You simply need to JUST LOOK at the OP before asking a dumb question like that. :n00b:. Also your time will come to enlist. Might even be a brand new war for you to fight. And if not then you'll at least spend deployments floating around the world on Navy ships. Not the worst scenario.

Top Bottom