• ...and so much more!
  • repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Theres a neat little tag on his uniform opposite of his name that actually states the branch of service he is in, nifty how the uniform is organized in such a manner... You simply need to JUST LOOK at the OP before asking a dumb question like that. :n00b:. Also your time will come to enlist. Might even be a brand new war for you to fight. And if not then you'll at least spend deployments floating around the world on Navy ships. Not the worst scenario.

Wow, harsh much. I hope that as a kid that you never had any questions. Not like the uniforms have changed a couple times in the last dozen years or so, for every branch.

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    101   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    Yes uniforms change, the big fat patch that says US ARMY stays with it. I can see somebody asking that question if he was in in his dress uniform, but when it says US ARMY on his chest it makes it a little too easy to figure out which branch of service the new Soldier is in, that the OP was posting about. I've never been in the Army or the Air force yet using my great powers of deduction I might be able to tell which branch each of these uniforms belong to even tho they are nearly identical.

bdus68.jpg
    w2fu2p.jpg

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Wow, harsh much. I hope that as a kid that you never had any questions. Not like the uniforms have changed a couple times in the last dozen years or so, for every branch.
    I'm used to it. My post was alittle old anyways. I was just making sure because pics don't show up on my phone. So I couldn't see the patch.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Yes uniforms change, the big fat patch that says US ARMY stays with it. I can see somebody asking that question if he was in in his dress uniform, but when it says US ARMY on his chest it makes it a little too easy to figure out which branch of service the new Soldier is in, that the OP was posting about. I've never been in the Army or the Air force yet using my great powers of deduction I might be able to tell which branch each of these uniforms belong to even tho they are nearly identical.

bdus68.jpg
    w2fu2p.jpg

I know what uniforms have looked like for most of the branches since the Revolution, but I study a lot of history. I have also been issued the BDUs, DCUs, ACUs and almost the multicams (long story on why i didnt), so I know all about the placement. Just saying not all kids know the difference. In when I was visiting high schools in my ACUs, I would get asked what branch I was in. Heck, even by adults, I had been asked this. So, thats my point, kinda harsh, a simple answer would have worked. And as he had pointed out, with today's technology, he could have been looking at in on a 2 inch screen, so really hard to read

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    He's finally "officially" back in training, set to graduate in August.

He's battling it out with a couple others for high PT score, trying to get an Airborne slot.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    just an update, kinda forgot about this thread.

He's stationed at Fort Knox with the 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division.

Married his HS girl friend and deploys to Afghanistan tomorrow.

972103_4840522140033_767131788_n.jpg

I'll have a few pics from family day to add tomorrow night, think he also gets promoted to E-4 tomorrow.

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    Congratulations. My youngest son graduated from Fort Benning, 11bravo 3 years ago. My youngest daughter became a marine last August, MP in Okinawa.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Congrats., tell him we are all praying for him.... Question, do you know if he earned his EFMB ?????

not yet, he's done nothing but training under an 18D since he arrived at Knox getting ready for this deployment. He'll be out in the thick of it supporting one of their teams, but as he says, he'll have the best bodyguards in the world.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Wish him a fun tour and a safe return with all his fingers an toes. What is his mos? Facebook is your friend while he is deployed. Easy to see how he is doing for peace of mind.

My boy just re-upped, graduated Air Assault school and completed the WLC all within the last six months. He is now with the 101st 1st brigade(Bastogne) 1st BCT.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Combat medic...that takes balls and heart.

not yet, he's done nothing but training under an 18D since he arrived at Knox getting ready for this deployment. He'll be out in the thick of it supporting one of their teams, but as he says, he'll have the best bodyguards in the world.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Hickman, thanks for the update! You should be very proud of your son, and I think I speak for just about all of us that we appreciate his service to our country! :patriot:

God Bless him and the other fine men and women in uniform!

Top Bottom