• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    Not since I joined SIR&PC about 2-3 yrs ago. I know a guy that goes out to Henryville on Saturdays. Been trying to get him to join the gun club for over a year now so he can have a better range to shoot at.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I shoot at Henryville fairly often. I usually try to go as early as possible, like, sunrise early, if I can. I usually wind up going on Friday mornings, but occasionally take a vacation day and go on thursdays. I was there last Thurs, and pretty much had the place to myself. It gets a little crazy there later in the day, and on Saturdays. I'll give you guys a heads up next time I go.:yesway:

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I shoot at Henryville fairly often. I usually try to go as early as possible, like, sunrise early, if I can. I usually wind up going on Friday mornings, but occasionally take a vacation day and go on thursdays. I was there last Thurs, and pretty much had the place to myself. It gets a little crazy there later in the day, and on Saturdays. I'll give you guys a heads up next time I go.:yesway:

I do the same:yesway: I usualy end up goin on wensdays, but shoot a Pm the next time ya go

woodsman07

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    I shoot at Henryville when I can't cross the creek at Borden. I agree that early weekdays are your best bet. Also it's a good idea to call the Forestry office and make sure the range will be open to the public. If LEOs are there to qualify the range is closed to the public. Guess how I know this.

KPierce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Jeffersonville
    I shoot out there when I can find the time. My dad and friends like it there. Usually spend more time talking to others about guns and such than actually shooting. But I enjoy it immensely. Many times when talking to other people who shoot there I get a chance to try out something new and return the favor without a second thought.

Usual days to go are Wed or Thur since I am off those days but haven't been there in a while. May have to make plans to go out sometime soon.

ghostpoint

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Been there several times myself, normally late in the afternoon/evening during the week and then at the crack of dawn on a Saturday's if you want to get any shooting in without having to stand around waiting.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana

Cause we got enough members as it is...;)

If you want IPSC, Silver Creek is the place for that. And you can shoot there not have to be a member for matches.

It's getting to point that you shoot for 5 minutes and stand for 20 while people take their sweet ass time placing targets and standing down range BS'ing.

I cannot count the number of times in the last 4 months I had to ask members to stop standing down range at their targets, BS'ing, taking up others range time.

You wanna shoot the ****? Fine, do it behind the line, not down range, taking time away from shooters.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    lol. When are you going again?

Ha...I never let any members know when I go.

Was there early yesterday with the kids. It was nice, hot and humid and not a soul in sight.

The best time is when it's too cold or too hot. Keeps most of the mouth breathers, old folks and time wasters at home.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom