• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcflyer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    After having almost every caliber as a carry gun I have decided to go to 22lr. I am buying a Taurus 94, 9 shot snubby as my primary carry weapon. Also ordered a Puma 1911 22lr for $248.00. I can shoot all day for pennies and put a bad guy down just as effective as with bigger calibers. Do you think you can survive 9 well placed 22's? Thats the advantage of a 22. Lots of practice, cheap. I am doing the same with rifles. S&W M&P 15-22 AR. Only big bore I am keeping is my Mosin Sniper in 7.62. Just a great and cheap gun to shoot. My 2 cents, thanks.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    After having almost every caliber as a carry gun I have decided to go to 22lr. I am buying a Taurus 94, 9 shot snubby as my primary carry weapon. Also ordered a Puma 1911 22lr for $248.00. I can shoot all day for pennies and put a bad guy down just as effective as with bigger calibers. Do you think you can survive 9 well placed 22's? Thats the advantage of a 22. Lots of practice, cheap. I am doing the same with rifles. S&W M&P 15-22 AR. Only big bore I am keeping is my Mosin Sniper in 7.62. Just a great and cheap gun to shoot. My 2 cents, thanks.

You'll be set as long as your attackers are crack head squirrels. :n00b:

Last edited:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008

Well, if you want to go with a .22, that's your choice.

But, have you actually pulled the trigger on the 94? The one I owned, and the ones I've shot, all had atrocious double action triggers. The gun worked well, but it was a plinking and occasional hunting gun for me, always fired single action. Single action pull was sweet. No way I'd use a gun with a double action pull like the ones on the 94s I've tried as a carry gun, though. Not Taurus bashing, either, since I'm a huge Taurus fan.

buffalo-springfield40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    22lr???..be carful Ralphy..ya can shoot yer eye out!!:n00b:

rcflyer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Your all welcome to try to break into my house and say hello to my little friend!

Cat-Herder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2009
    Fortville
    If you can, get a revolver chambered in .357/38 Special. I believe many manufacturers make barrels chambered in both.

the .357 magnum is an elongated 38 special. you can shoot 38 specials (and their +P variants) in any gun chambered for .357 magnum. the bullet diameter is the same for both calibers. .357 for copper jacketed and .358 for cast lead. i reload both 38 special and .357 with the same dies, set to different measurements.

the same is true for 44 special/44 magnum, and 45 long colt/454 casull, FYI.

Top Bottom