• ...and so much more!
  • ChromeLined

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    I love my Bushmaster.
    Bells and whistles aside it works.
    When I look into premium Ar15s I feel like I should be looking into a more modern rifle 9 out of 10 times.
    Reguardless of the brand, just make sure the rifle your interested in has standard sized pins, a chrome lined chamber and barrel, the recess INSIDE the front of the bolt carrier is chromelined and the style rifle suits your tastes and you will be happy enough to want another.

Make sure the barrel is stamped 5.56 NATO, there are Ar15s out there that can NOT handle 5.56.

But supposedly the 16'' barrel and shorter rifles have trouble with steel cased ammo, and I can vouch for that.So consider a long barrel if you dont like paying for brass

Ar15s for serious use
    AR-15s for Serious Use

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    If you plan on using an ar15 for home defense you better be aware of your surroundings (i.e where the neighbors are) and most definitely use rounds designed for CCQ/CQB like Hornady's TAP etc. Reduce your liabilities as much as possible.... and remember every round fired in defense has a lawyer attached to it.

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Hondatech@ I have thought about the safety of shooting the rifle and where the rounds will stop. But thanks for the tip.

I was told today that Century arms AR15 is made by colt. Can anyone confirm this? A buddy paid $800 for his and the sales man told him that.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Hondatech@ I have thought about the safety of shooting the rifle and where the rounds will stop. But thanks for the tip.

I was told today that Century arms AR15 is made by colt. Can anyone confirm this? A buddy paid $800 for his and the sales man told him that.

made from old colt parts if it is the "vietnam era" ARs they are selling. they are cobbled together with new parts. Given Century's reputation, these guns seem like a gamble to me.

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    made from old colt parts if it is the "vietnam era" ARs they are selling. they are cobbled together with new parts. Given Century's reputation, these guns seem like a gamble to me.

Thanks for that info. I will keep that info from my buddy don't want to bust anyone bubble

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    dont get me wrong, I have read some great reviews from guys who have bought them. I will admit I was might tempted to try one, especially when Classic Arms was selling them for around $650. $800 is definitely above market price.

Top Bottom